It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are Coming: Zombies in The Bible?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Dear NotAnAspie,

yeah... according to bible Jesus was walking around quite dead with his gaping wounds still hanging out. I guess that is why he told Mary to stay back.. because maybe he didn't smell too good.

And you chose to be on a thread and be off topic because? Oh, I get it, you don't know what the topic is. The OP never said that Jesus was a zombie, in fact he said the opposite. This is not a long thread, did you bother reading what came before your singularly new understanding?

I'm not sure what you are so confused about but it doesn't surprise me in the least that my reply to YOU bothered YOU.

ok, I'll pretend like you aren't getting it yet and say this... i was replying to YOU about YOUR reply saying that zombies aren't mentioned in the bible when it CLEARLY STATES that Jesus was walking around after being dead. How much more clear can I make this and how in the wide world of sports do you consider this off topic.

Talking about the BIBLE?... CHECK.

Talking about ZOMBIES?... CHECK.

If you are still not getting this and want to make this some technical off topic issue... knock yourself out... i made my point.

I'll also leave Lazarus out of it since this is sticking in your craw.

edit on 28-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Dear NotAnAspie,

Clearly you are not an aspie. You didn't even bother reading the whole thread. What you are saying has already been addressed and you have added nothing to the conversation regarding the OP. Did you miss the part where the OP said he wasn't referring to Jesus?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

You may find this thread interesting:

Hide Thyself For A Little While Until The Fury Has Passed
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 1/25/2011 @ 07:21 PM

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
This passage in Isaiah, Isaiah 26:19-20, has always worried me a little, for it speaks of the dead rising "in those days", meaning the end-times, and tells us to hide in the innermost chambers until the indignation has past. In these strange times in which we live, I feel compelled to shine a light on this Old Testament passage. Your thoughts, theories, explanations, condemnation and insults are welcome.

>
Young's Literal Translation
1 In that day sung is this song in the land of Judah: 'We have a strong city, Salvation He doth make walls and bulwark.
2 Open ye the gates, that enter may a righteous nation, Preserving stedfastness.

3 An imagination supported Thou fortifiest peace -- peace! For in Thee it is confident.

4 Trust ye in Jehovah for ever, For in Jah Jehovah is a rock of ages,

5 For He bowed down the dwellers on high, A city set on high He maketh low, He maketh it low unto the earth, He causeth it to come unto the dust,

6 Tread it down doth a foot, Feet of the poor -- steps of the weak.

7 The path for the righteous is uprightness, O upright One, The path of the righteous Thou dost ponder.

8 Also, in the path of Thy judgments, O Jehovah, we have waited for Thee, To Thy name and to Thy remembrance Is the desire of the soul.

9 With my soul I desired Thee in the night, Also, with my spirit within me I seek Thee earnestly, For when Thy judgments are on the earth, The inhabitants of the world have learned righteousness.

10 The wicked findeth favour, He hath not learned righteousness, In a land of straightforwardness he dealeth perversely, And seeth not the excellency of Jehovah.

11 O Jehovah, high is Thy hand -- they see not, They see the zeal of the people, and are ashamed, Also, the fire -- Thine adversaries, consumeth them.

12 O Jehovah, Thou appointest peace to us, For, all our works also Thou hast wrought for us.

13 O Jehovah our God, lords have ruled us besides Thee, Only, by Thee we make mention of Thy name.

14 Dead -- they live not, Rephaim, they rise not, Therefore Thou hast inspected and dost destroy them, Yea, thou destroyest all their memory.

15 Thou hast added to the nation, O Jehovah, Thou hast added to the nation, Thou hast been honoured, Thou hast put far off all the ends of earth.

16 O Jehovah, in distress they missed Thee, They have poured out a whisper, Thy chastisement is on them.

17 When a pregnant woman cometh near to the birth, She is pained -- she crieth in her pangs, So we have been from Thy face, O Jehovah.

18 We have conceived, we have been pained. We have brought forth as it were wind, Salvation we do not work in the earth, Nor do the inhabitants of the world fall.

19 Thy dead live -- My dead body they rise. Awake and sing, ye dwellers in the dust, For the dew of herbs is thy dew, And the land of Rephaim thou causest to fall.

20 Come, My people, enter into thy inner chambers, And shut thy doors behind thee, Hide thyself shortly a moment till the indignation pass over.

21 For, lo, Jehovah is coming out of His place, To charge the iniquity of the inhabitant of the earth upon him, And revealed hath the earth her blood, Nor doth she cover any more her slain!'
bible.cc...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Dear NotAnAspie,

Clearly you are not an aspie. You didn't even bother reading the whole thread. What you are saying has already been addressed and you have added nothing to the conversation regarding the OP. Did you miss the part where the OP said he wasn't referring to Jesus?

no, I didn't read the whole thread but I'm glad it was mentioned previously. I have things to do, you know.

You're not getting that I do not have to curtail my opinion just because the OP has chosen to leave Jesus out of his own opinions. This is still a part of MINE. Maybe he just doesn't want to come off as sacrilegious. I don't have those kinds of reservations because i know the definition of zombie and I have read information concerning RAISING THE DEAD straight from the bible. I really don't want to get into everyone's else's back and forth... you know. so many threads of arguments, so little time.

my point is still made and it is very clear. If people started raising from the dead people would say it was the work of Satan when the God they worship did these EXACT things. Oh, the IRONY.. you say zombies are not mentioned in the bible.

I say

I don't think I could love Jesus any more... and no... I don't feel as though any of this is sacrilegious and do NOT care if the OP was talking about Jesus or not (no disrespect meant but my opinion is MY opinion you see). It is relevant to the topic and last time i checked I had the right to voice my opinion. Knock yourself out trying to convince anyone this is off topic. It is very much ON TOPIC.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Dear NotAnAspie,

LOL, the topic is apparently meaningless to you. You say whatever foolishness you feel in your hear, truth and honesty are also meaningless to you. I do hope you are younger than 20, because if you are older than that, I will feel really bad for you. Have a great night, you have nothing to add to this conversation. Peace.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Dear NotAnAspie,

LOL, the topic is apparently meaningless to you. You say whatever foolishness you feel in your hear, truth and honesty are also meaningless to you. I do hope you are younger than 20, because if you are older than that, I will feel really bad for you. Have a great night, you have nothing to add to this conversation. Peace.

You are so mad
. None of that made you sound witty in case you were hoping for that. You wanna call my post childish when you post some kind of pretentious pseudo-intellectual reply like this. Give me a break.

The things people will try to pull off. You have gone on and on for multiple posts now simply because i mentioned Jesus when it VERY MUCH has to do with the bible? If you think anyone is buying that, please understand that you are just fooling yourself.

try not to be so hurt when someone makes a points of yours look silly.
It's not like i made you say the zombies were never mentioned in the bible when people who haven't even read it know raising the dead is mentioned A LOT. everyone is waiting for Jesus to come back and raise the dead and this is apparently flies right over your head... and you said it with such certainty.
No wonder you are so mad.

that's pretty funny.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Dear NotAnAspie,

ok, I'll pretend like you aren't getting it yet and say this... i was replying to YOU about YOUR reply saying that zombies aren't mentioned in the bible when it CLEARLY STATES that Jesus was walking around after being dead. How much more clear can I make this and how in the wide world of sports do you consider this off topic. Talking about the BIBLE?... CHECK. Talking about ZOMBIES?... CHECK. If you are still not getting this and want to make this some technical off topic issue... knock yourself out... i made my point. I'll also leave Lazarus out of it since this is sticking in your craw.

Your mother and father need to put you to bed. Really, this is the best you have? You don't understand what the word "zombie" means and you don't know that there are people who have come back to life because of CPR? You still haven't read the whole thread. Okay, what do yo want to talk about? Clearly it is not this thread, start a new one on what is bothering you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Dear NotAnAspie,

ok, I'll pretend like you aren't getting it yet and say this... i was replying to YOU about YOUR reply saying that zombies aren't mentioned in the bible when it CLEARLY STATES that Jesus was walking around after being dead. How much more clear can I make this and how in the wide world of sports do you consider this off topic. Talking about the BIBLE?... CHECK. Talking about ZOMBIES?... CHECK. If you are still not getting this and want to make this some technical off topic issue... knock yourself out... i made my point. I'll also leave Lazarus out of it since this is sticking in your craw.

Your mother and father need to put you to bed. Really, this is the best you have? You don't understand what the word "zombie" means and you don't know that there are people who have come back to life because of CPR? You still haven't read the whole thread. Okay, what do yo want to talk about? Clearly it is not this thread, start a new one on what is bothering you.

I just want to make one thing clear to mods... he has been going on and on about me being off topic when I mentioned Jesus and raising from the dead.

how is HE not guilty of being off topic by being a post policeman?

I don't WANT to be in this petty argument but he chose to go on about it and now he is talking about my age as if that has any thing to do with this. I can't help it he is mad just because I disagree with him but if he is not totally guilty of the exact same thing that he has been accusing me of, then there is something seriously slipping through the cracks. he is talking about my parents when my father has been dead for 26 years. because he is mad that I made a point that he didn't like he has to go THAT low... How shameful? Can a person go any lower to try to win some petty argument.

Jesus wasn't brought back by CPR, his dead body was filled with a divine spirit. according to the bible he walked around still wounded three days after being completely dead. that is not a NDE... according to the bible it is as dead as one can get. So dead they laid him in a tomb... and this was not the first or last mention of the dead rising by his works. Now go read some definitions of zombie. A rose by any other name is still a rose and a zombie is a corpse that is brought back to life.

Mods... I should not have to be talked to this way about my parents!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

DEar NotAnAspie,

You are so mad. None of that made you sound witty in case you were hoping for that. You wanna call my post childish when you post some kind of pretentious pseudo-intellectual reply like this. Give me a break.

You have won, lol. All intelligence begins and ends with. You have .achieved heaven, you know all that can be known. You have the answers that none have asked in 2,000 years. You have outsmarted everyone, you know all. You have been born and Plato shudders, If you cannot ask what has not been asked before, will you accept the fact that you add nothing to the conversation?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

If you go with pop-cultures loose definition of a zombie, sure. That is to say, anyone who is resurrected is a zombie.

If you go with what a zombie actually was, which is as aquestion mentioned, someone being tricked into thinking they had died and came back(usually for the purpose of enslavement), then no not a zombie.

So it depends on how you define zombie.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by SGTSECRET

Dear SGTSECRET,

I'm guessing you continue to claim there are no zombies in the bible because it doesn't mention any kind of voodoo, which is the only thing that creates a zombie according to you. What it does mention, is miracles, talking snakes, crazy plagues...just because the bible doesn't say 'voodoo' doesn't mean your 'voodoo' zombies may have not existed.

It is very simple, words have meaning and the word "zombie" actually has a meaning. The toxin used to create zombies comes from a blowfish and that fish is not mentioned in the bible either. If you wish to debate the bible you are not respecting the OP and would be off topic. As for what the bible does mention, it mentions all kinds of things; but, it doesn't mention zombies.

The OP is about the bible, what is wrong with you. After reading the above posts it's obvious that I am not the only one you have been rude with for no reason. Time for bed or, coffee, or whatever it is for you to be normal with other members of society.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
here some articles by steve quayle citing zombies in history.

and article two [url=http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/11_Disease/110923.call.damned.pt2.pdf]

and an interview [url=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/omegamanradio/2011/08/18/episode-383-the-zombie-apocalypse--gods-protection-from-it]

and russ dizdar talking about zombies aswell [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yDEkEq78MA]

part 2 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtD13CQM0xo&feature=relmfu]

part 3 [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USR0M7ePsqs&feature=relmfu]

soo, i hope were all wrong. but if not ive played enough dead rising, dead island, and resident evil to know what to do.

has anyone here read world war z, it really outlines the implications and how woefully inadequatelly prepared we are. same with brian keenes novel "dead sea"

edit on 28-5-2012 by hopethishelps because: links didn't work first time

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

reply to post by SGTSECRET

Dear SGTSECRET,

Actually, we have absolutely no idea what zombies are and are not supposed to do. All we know is what the movies tell us. Do we know if they really will eat people? Nope. Do we know if they will come in huge groups 'sniffing' out living people who are attempting to hide? Nope. We don't know. Maybe they will talk, maybe they won't eat anything at all, maybe, maybe, maybe.

Actually, we do know what a zombie is and it had nothing to do with the movies. You might want to look at Wikipedia. The word refers to people who have been the victim of VooDoo and they really existed. By using a toxin from a specific fish, the Haitians were able to cause people to become them.

Theres no real credability to those claims as that toxin hasn't been known to exbit that type of effect in any lab study.

Personally i always thought zombies was one of the signs of the apocalypse to religious folk. like the anti christ and then jesus(king of the zombies) showing up.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep

If you go with pop-cultures loose definition of a zombie, sure. That is to say, anyone who is resurrected is a zombie.

If you go with what a zombie actually was, which is as aquestion mentioned, someone being tricked into thinking they had died and came back(usually for the purpose of enslavement), then no not a zombie.

So it depends on how you define zombie.

hey look, a sane and rational argument using reason! now watch not a single person reply to it with anything meaningful.

either way, zombies popping up in the bible is no more or less significant then them popping up in george romero films. they're all just great works of fiction which some nerds take way too seriously.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Dear stonebutterfly,

You are mixing up verses and making mistakes. The quote you give from Revelations is in regard to the two witnesses and has nothing to do with haarp or any other technology. There are no zombies in the bible.

of course there was a zombie in the bible, what do you think Jesus was after he arose from the dead after 3 days!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This whole zombie thing, rotting flesh etc- well presumably they would have rather poor gums and the teeth would have long since fallen out, so I doubt very much they will be able to eat anything-- also, if we take the movies as inspiration, you never see zombies having kids so simple demographics wil "do them in"

Infertile toothless "zombies", yeah, scary stuff

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Maybe it could be like the movie "The Crazies" where it is implemented through a water supply. That is a scary thought because of the huge water networks in America. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I hate to bring up movies and such but one of my favorite quotes is "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth."

That quote is from Dawn of the Dead, I know its said in the newer version of the movie and I'm pretty sure it's said in the old skool movie to, anyways my two cents.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Does anyone realize a dead person is dead period. Without a working cardio vascular system there is no way muscles can work.

People who beleive or entertain the thought of "walking dead" zombies are GRADE A MORONS!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by proob4

woah calling people morons because they want zombies to test out there SHTF preparations. is abit harsh

Who doesn't want a nice zombie war? i thinki'ddo pretty well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join