Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Zombies are Coming: Zombies in The Bible?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Yes, it could very well be some sort of plague the prophets saw...maybe not actual dead people but almost corpse like. Maybe the end will come with the diseased people in mass amounts killing each other and the uninfected for food. Jesus was a different story not a zombie. I don't go for the Jesus zombie theory. Something terrible is in prophecy in the bible, something that seems zombie like in our modern day terms. Its a frightening idea.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Dear SGTSECRET,

Zombie is not a new turn. You can also look it up at Encyclopedia Brittanica's website. The fact that you do not know the history of the word explains a lot.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

Dear stonebutterfly,

What does it say in the bible, do not worry about tomorrow, tomorrow will have enough worries of it's own (or something very close to that). Personally I like the poem by Robert Frost,

Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I like that poem thanks!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by prevenge

Dear prevenge,

So, I guess you don't know what leprosy is, because the Israelites did.

i think you're arguing just to argue.
it's OK that you don't accept what we're putting forth here.

when things actually manifest.. you can come to terms with who was right or wrong..

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Dear prevenge,

it's OK that you don't accept what we're putting forth here. when things actually manifest.. you can come to terms with who was right or wrong..

LOL. No, I don't believe we are all going to become zombies. Do you truly believe we will? If you are bored then perhaps you could start a thread on something you do believe.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

Zombie is not a new turn. You can also look it up at Encyclopedia Brittanica's website. The fact that you do not know the history of the word explains a lot.

Get back to the subject and give up on the personal attacks. I never said zombie is a new TERM, and if I did somehow that explains alot about me...really not sure what you were getting at there. Anyway, get back to the bible and zombies.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is sacrilegious.... and im calling shenanigans....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

How is is sacrilegious? I am reading a verse in the bible that sounds like modern day zombies. Its right there in scripture, a prophecy that sounds like zombies.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Who can forget Matthew 27.45-53...
(King James Version)

"Now from the sixth hour there was darkness over all the land unto the ninth hour. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Some of them that stood there, when they heard that, said, This man calleth for Elias. And straightway one of them ran, and took a spunge, and filled it with vinegar, and put it on a reed, and gave him to drink. The rest said, Let be, let us see whether Elias will come to save him. Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many"

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

Get back to the subject and give up on the personal attacks. I never said zombie is a new TERM, and if I did somehow that explains alot about me...really not sure what you were getting at there. Anyway, get back to the bible and zombies.

How can you talk the way you do and be so sensitive? I merely pointed out that you did not even understand what the word "zombie" means, how can you use it in a sentence? What it means about you is that you are young, it means you are not even attempting to have a serious conversation. It is also what prevents you from learning anything. As for the bible, it does not mention zombies. The term and meaning are from VooDoo religions, not Judeo=Christian beliefs. If you really want to know what a zombie is, you might watch the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow", it is based on a real life account of someone. The film is from 1988 and predates all the current foolishness regarding something that is very real.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I am not sure about zombies, per se, but it does say that men will long for death but will not die at one point...so thats kinda like being a zombie in reverse......but the guys wanting die wont be able to...thats a lot of walking wounded out there zombing around trying to die.......

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
kinda sounds like a flesh eating virus. walking corpses may mean there is no hope for them... they are walking dead men. now THAT is some scary stuff. I think I might rather be incinerated and I'd REALLY hate to be incinerated.

did you know that if you had no immunity you would probably be subject to a lot of this. destroy the immune system and you will die very fast from infection but medically it usually happens in a certain way... from within and starts attacking internal organs first.

imagine it being taken from you in an instant. you'd still be alive so long as you were relatively healthy but local organisms would immediately start eating you as if you were a dead body... decomposing you from the outside in, rather than killing you from sickness. germs in your mouth, nose and other orifices would start eating away at them first. eyes are susceptible to external elements... OMG, that is freaky!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
I am not sure about zombies, per se, but it does say that men will long for death but will not die at one point...so thats kinda like being a zombie in reverse......but the guys wanting die wont be able to...thats a lot of walking wounded out there zombing around trying to die.......

Dear stirling,

I have cared for multiple people who went through chemotherapy and it is pretty harsh. They want to die sometimes; but, choose to go through it. They long for death and don't die. As this thread was not started in the jokes section, I will treat it seriously. Can you imagine longing for death and not getting it? Doesn't sound like a lot of fun; but, people do it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Speaking of the Zombie Apocalypse....link

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

How can you talk the way you do and be so sensitive? I merely pointed out that you did not even understand what the word "zombie" means, how can you use it in a sentence? What it means about you is that you are young, it means you are not even attempting to have a serious conversation. It is also what prevents you from learning anything. As for the bible, it does not mention zombies. The term and meaning are from VooDoo religions, not Judeo=Christian beliefs. If you really want to know what a zombie is, you might watch the movie "The Serpent and the Rainbow", it is based on a real life account of someone. The film is from 1988 and predates all the current foolishness regarding something that is very real.

It might help you to understand why the thread was created if you go back and read all the posts, including the ones where members are actually quoting the bible talking about walking dead and such. So yes, no matter how many times you try to convince yourself it doesn't mention anything of the sort it makes no difference. What's there is there.

I'm guessing you continue to claim there are no zombies in the bible because it doesn't mention any kind of voodoo, which is the only thing that creates a zombie according to you. What it does mention, is miracles, talking snakes, crazy plagues...just because the bible doesn't say 'voodoo' doesn't mean your 'voodoo' zombies may have not existed.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

I'm guessing you continue to claim there are no zombies in the bible because it doesn't mention any kind of voodoo, which is the only thing that creates a zombie according to you. What it does mention, is miracles, talking snakes, crazy plagues...just because the bible doesn't say 'voodoo' doesn't mean your 'voodoo' zombies may have not existed.

It is very simple, words have meaning and the word "zombie" actually has a meaning. The toxin used to create zombies comes from a blowfish and that fish is not mentioned in the bible either. If you wish to debate the bible you are not respecting the OP and would be off topic. As for what the bible does mention, it mentions all kinds of things; but, it doesn't mention zombies.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

It is very simple, words have meaning and the word "zombie" actually has a meaning. The toxin used to create zombies comes from a blowfish and that fish is not mentioned in the bible either. If you wish to debate the bible you are not respecting the OP and would be off topic. As for what the bible does mention, it mentions all kinds of things; but, it doesn't mention zombies.

funny you mention that because Jesus was supposed to have walked around for some time talking to people before ascending and Thomas even asked to stick his fingers in his spear wound that the guards gave him.

That's where the term doubting Thomas comes from.

yeah... according to bible Jesus was walking around after being quite dead with his gaping wounds still hanging out. I guess that is why he told Mary to stay back.. because maybe he didn't smell too good.

edit on 28-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Dear NotAnAspie,

yeah... according to bible Jesus was walking around quite dead with his gaping wounds still hanging out. I guess that is why he told Mary to stay back.. because maybe he didn't smell too good.

And you chose to be on a thread and be off topic because? Oh, I get it, you don't know what the topic is. The OP never said that Jesus was a zombie, in fact he said the opposite. This is not a long thread, did you bother reading what came before your singularly new understanding?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
reply to post by dayve

How is is sacrilegious? I am reading a verse in the bible that sounds like modern day zombies. Its right there in scripture, a prophecy that sounds like zombies.

Negative.. Im just throwing words out their, but it sounds nothin like zombies..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join