It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zombies are Coming: Zombies in The Bible?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
So I was reading about Zombies and came across these interesting websites. Since we've been having some strange people eating events I asked myself, was this foretold in the bible?And low and behold, some visions of what sounds like zombies. Now what causes this outbreak is not told, some people think bio warfare, plagues, nuclear weapons. But a description of humans turning is seen by the prophets.

Zombies Are Coming

Zechariah 14:12 And the LORD will send a plague on all the nations that fought against Jerusalem. Their people will become like walking corpses, their flesh rotting away. Their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongues will rot in their mouths. Zechariah 14:13 On that day they will be terrified, stricken by the LORD with great panic. They will fight their neighbors hand to hand.

Does this remind you of Haarp? And Bio Warfare?

Revelation 11:6 These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

Zombie Bible Commentary

Jehovah is my light and my salvation, of whom shall I be in fear? Jehovah is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be in dread? When the evildoers approached against me to eat up my flesh, They being my adversaries and enemies personally, They themselves stumbled and fell. (Psalm 27:1-2, NWT)

Do you think this has been foretold? Sure seems like it to me. And I do believe in bible prophecy.

Good luck to you and yours during the zombie apocalypse.
!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by stonebutterfly

I'm more inclined to believe in the unfolding of Biblical prophesy, NOT because of some invisible supernatural entity doing these things.. but because of these things being scientifically done by men using the Bible as a script. There are very special Masonic Bibles in Masonic Lodges.. with very specific red-inked footnotes around the margins of each page.

I believe all things will come to pass by actual PEOPLE being the 'hands of god'..

even humans getting super powers and saving other people from disaster... ie: the Second Coming...

the bad stuff.. AND the good stuff.. all will happen .. and explained.. scientifically...
I would be embarrassed of myself to believe blindly that they'd happen via supernatural means...
that's just .. ignorant in my opinion.. BUT it works.. if people believe that.. because it's gonna happen no matter how you perceive it.

so YEAH.. zombies are real and they will come to your town.. via scientific implementation... ie: bio-warfare...

but really.. i think the bible is a template of events that every type 0 civilization has to weather through in order to reach type 1 status...

culling wheat from chaff... mass elimination.... legions of savior super heroes with paranormal abilities...human evolution...social topiary sculpting.. etc...

edit on 5/28/2012 by prevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Dear stonebutterfly,

You are mixing up verses and making mistakes. The quote you give from Revelations is in regard to the two witnesses and has nothing to do with haarp or any other technology. There are no zombies in the bible.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

It does seemm now zombies are possible. What if fukushima radiation can be a factor in bringing in an outbreak?
I mean the burnt skin, falling out eyes and hair, bleeding eyeballs, could have been seen in visions.People loosing their minds....killing each other to try and survive. Just seems like humanity is in for a terrible end one day.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear stonebutterfly,

You are mixing up verses and making mistakes. The quote you give from Revelations is in regard to the two witnesses and has nothing to do with haarp or any other technology. There are no zombies in the bible.

Actually yes, there is a zombie in the bible. His name is Jesus. Think about it, the guy supposedly died, and then came back after days of being dead. In any other story that IS a zombie behavior.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Zombies in real life would be incredibly scary.

I know the movies glamorize it, but imagine if it really was real. Would be incredibly intense.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

It is a scary thought. There is no bad a** zombie killer in real life to save you. Imagine you having to flee with loved ones from place to place to survive. Its very frightening, and if they do eat you alive...OMG!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

Yes they would be. Especially fast zombies. Slow moving movie zombies would be a bit better. But we'll probably get fast zombies.
I was thinking how bad it would be to be the first person to encounter a zombie. Would be especially intense seeing that with no knowledge it's happening beforehand. "Is that a # zombie? Can't be...dude in makeup? That's good makeup...this dude is biting me!?'
edit on 28-5-2012 by scorpiosin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Dear SGTSECRET,

Well then do you think everyone who has had a heart attack and been revived with CPR is a zombie? They come back from the dead.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
lol think about it...adam and eve the "first" living humans disobeyed.

fast forward apocalyptical earth......

braindead mindless zombies with no real volition other than "eating" are not really sinners.

not rebellious, and if correctly trained and fed could work at mcdonalds, walmart or the us government.

think about your old high school biology experiment: apply a lil voltage to some disembodied frog legs and shazam you got moving disembodied frog legs.

supercharge the earths atmosphere, irradiate the planet, planet x, weird rituals, church spires reaching to heaven and attracting ball lighning and .................. zombies

look they are building a tower....of badbull

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

you dont get CPR after being dead for 3 days
nice try

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

You did not say that it mattered how long one was dead. Isn't dead, dead? Zombies aren't supposed to talk, yet, Jesus did.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

Hopefully im not the first to see it. No one would freaking believe it at first! It would be mass doubt.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear stonebutterfly,

yeaaaaaa.. but you can't deny that Zachariah passage there buddy....

plus.. as a side note.. in the book "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War" just as "Carlie" was code for the Viet\Cong in the Vietnam war... "ZACH" is used as code for the undead in this book.. ie: Zacharia.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Actually, we have absolutely no idea what zombies are and are not supposed to do. All we know is what the movies tell us. Do we know if they really will eat people? Nope. Do we know if they will come in huge groups 'sniffing' out living people who are attempting to hide? Nope. We don't know. Maybe they will talk, maybe they won't eat anything at all, maybe, maybe, maybe.

You get the idea.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Dear SGTSECRET,

Actually, we have absolutely no idea what zombies are and are not supposed to do. All we know is what the movies tell us. Do we know if they really will eat people? Nope. Do we know if they will come in huge groups 'sniffing' out living people who are attempting to hide? Nope. We don't know. Maybe they will talk, maybe they won't eat anything at all, maybe, maybe, maybe.

Actually, we do know what a zombie is and it had nothing to do with the movies. You might want to look at Wikipedia. The word refers to people who have been the victim of VooDoo and they really existed. By using a toxin from a specific fish, the Haitians were able to cause people to become them.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Dear prevenge,

So, I guess you don't know what leprosy is, because the Israelites did.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
its the crapture............."we will all be changed in a twinkling of the eye" "resurrection bodies" war of the saints, eat his body, drink his blood......................just aim for the head, or the heart shoot off the arms and legs, is this why the government wants to disarm us lol?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Its hard to deny that even the government thinks its possible:

ohio zombie drill

he Delaware County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management and the Delaware General Health District wants some of its residents to die. Well, become zombies, not really die. And by becoming zombies, it means pretend to be zombies and still not really die. In an effort to engage its community in a hazardous materials emergency preparation exercise, the Office of Homeland Security has put out a petition for 250 volunteers to done their best zombie look this Halloween. The effort will test first responders in how they handle hazardous materials exercises and, in an attempt to maintain the realism of zombie culture, first responders who come in contact with a hazardous material will become zombies themselves.

CDC

CDC blog

In movies, shows, and literature, zombies are often depicted as being created by an infectious virus, which is passed on via bites and contact with bodily fluids. Harvard psychiatrist Steven Schlozman wrote a (fictional) medical paper on the zombies presented in Night of the Living DeadExternal Web Site Icon and refers to the condition as Ataxic Neurodegenerative Satiety Deficiency Syndrome caused by an infectious agent. The Zombie Survival GuideExternal Web Site Icon identifies the cause of zombies as a virus called solanum. Other zombie origins shown in films include radiation from a destroyed NASAExternal Web Site Icon VenusExternal Web Site Icon probe (as in Night of the Living DeadExternal Web Site Icon), as well as mutations of existing conditions such as prionsExternal Web Site Icon, mad-cow diseaseExternal Web Site Icon, measlesExternal Web Site Icon and rabiesExternal Web Site Icon. The rise of zombies in pop culture has given credence to the idea that a zombie apocalypse could happen. In such a scenario zombies would take over entire countries, roaming city streets eating anything living that got in their way. The proliferation of this idea has led many people to wonder “How do I prepare for a zombie apocalypse?”

edit on 28-5-2012 by stonebutterfly because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Not to say whether your statement is true or not, I will mention that wikipedia is far from a trustworthy source. It's one of the reasons we aren't allowed to use it as a source for assignments. How did we get to Hatians and voodoo in a thread about zombies in the bible? I'll stick to my assumption that big J man was a zombie, if what the bible says is really what happend

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join