It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we aren't Organic, What if we are Cybernetic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
With Prometheus coming out I got to thinking. There is a scene from the trailer where the guy iis telling them about Cybernetic Beings who in a just a few years they will be indistinguishable from humans. Here is the clip:

Then in another it mentions that they are looking for "The Engineers" That engineered us. I can't find the clip because I beleive it's a hulu exclusive (they haven't got this one as a trailer but it plays when You watch one of the tv series they offer and not often). But, Thinking about this and Cylons from Battlestar Galactica, is it possible we are not a hologram, or a brain in a jar, but Cybernetic Beings with only organic like body systems?

I don't know but it seems like the film is alluding to us being Cybernetic. Just from the trailers I have peiced together.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Read up on the Elohim. Even if it's not true about them it brings you to the whole intelligent design theory and connecting it with "creators".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

No, the film is not "alluding" to that at all...

As it is an Alien prequel, it is obviously a reference to the "Bishop" AI's that were present in the franchise.

The film also touches on the origins of man from the point of view we may have had alien interference, but that is not to say we are cybernetic. The "space cowboy" aliens (the very same one your saw dead at the beginning of Alien) are probably genetic engineers, which would go some way to explain the origins of the Alien species as well.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Even if we were cybernetic, not saying we are because I don't believe it, can't prove it or disprove it, I just don't believe it, we'd still be organic.
Organic just means carbon-based and we're carbon based, so we're organic.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
ive long held the belief that the universe is fractal and that every atom is a multiverse. Our universe is a subatomic particle at from another perspective.

Our DNA and biology might be the construct of a A.I. expanding infintly throughout the limitless expanse of reality.

or maybe someday humanity will leave earth and join in the infinte number of other civilations who harness the chaos of the universe and give it order.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I believe we are souls that while inhabiting within this material realm we indwell within these bodies and use a brain to operate within it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by manna2

I believe we are souls that while inhabiting within this material realm we indwell within these bodies and use a brain to operate within it.
'

Do you think we chose ahead of time what family we would be bon itno? There have been people I know who have argued that point. I didn't know enough about it to make an informed decision, but I do think it's possible. What do you think?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think my Father in Heaven knew me before I was woven in my mothers womb.
I believe He chose.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by manna2

What do you think about miscarriages and abortions as far as your pre-destination goes? If you were supposed o be born to someone in particular and there was a miscarriage (we won't even address abortion), do you get a "new assignment" or are you removed from the list, so to speak? I've had this conversation with friends before and have gotten various answers. It's actually a good philosophical discussion.

I had a brother who lived for only 1 month. I had a great number of family members who were Mormon. Their philosophy was that he had to come get a body for the second coming where it would be perfected, but had already proven himself worthy and didn't need to remain and live out the life here.
edit on 28-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

hard to tell without facts or insight. I know it is just. Our Father in Heaven is both the Author of love as well as justice.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Originally posted by manna2

'

Do you think we chose ahead of time what family we would be bon itno? There have been people I know who have argued that point. I didn't know enough about it to make an informed decision, but I do think it's possible. What do you think?

If you cannot remember being 'born'...the notion that you had the choice to 'in-carnate' is (within this rationale) a distinct possibility...and cannot remember making the choice to in-carnate, or the reasons why, or, into which circumstances would best suit...

Alongside this, protection is afforded at certain 'key' points...this protection can appear as, more influential than it really is...
Our FREE WILL is never trumped...except, in the subtlest of ways.

Alove

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Good question, but unanswerable question.

And I love those. I'll give you your first S&F.

We are carbon-based machines able to reproduce.
Usual machine can't reproduce, and a lot are not carbon-based.
The difference stops there.
edit on 28-5-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join