It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Is "Trayvon" Stopping Boehner From Moving In On Holder?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
People have been asking what ever happened to Issa's Contempt of Congress move against Eric Holder. As I've been wondering the same thing, and as no one has mentioned it recently, I thought I'd buzz a few rabble-rousing sites and see what I could find.

According to The Western Center for Journalism:

But now we finally know the truth. According to Roll Call, "a GOP aide...warned against a racial backlash if Republicans are seen as unfairly targeting the first black attorney general, who is serving the first black president. ‘Especially after Trayvon,’ the aide said, referring to the slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin." Certainly, the aide didn’t just make up this story. He must be repeating what he has heard from GOP legislators.

And if that is indeed the case, it seems that Republicans are more concerned about the reaction of the national media and the nation’s blacks than with seeking justice for the hundreds who have died as a result of the Regime’s criminal assault on the 2nd Amendment. Gives one a nice warm feeling about the priorities of Republican congressional leaders and the respect they have for their Oath of Office, doesn’t it?

Should massive election fraud fail to pull it off for Barack Obama in November, the Fast and Furious investigation will be officially dropped after election day. And if the worst should happen, Republicans will be frightened to move the contempt charge forward lest it be portrayed as "sour grapes" for the Romney loss.

It seems that Republicans will never run short of excuses to ignore murder.

I had to leave that concluding line in; it just ties it up so succinctly.

Anyway--as cynical minds have pointed out countless times--there's little expectation of any punishment (certainly not of any justice) in this matter. But at least now we know the lame rationalization behind it....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's true, Obama would use this to cement his candidacy and turn it around on the GOP. Holder would not be held accountable and Obama would gain support.

GOP is doing all they can unfortunately. Hopefully Romney wins and then Holder is held accountable.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Lies.

The GOP doesn't want to pursue fast and furious because it goes back to Bush and beyond.

The newly released email messages and briefing papers suggest there may be similarities between the Obama operation "Fast and Furious" and an earlier effort during the Bush administration to target the flow of guns into Mexico. The papers include several communications between ATF supervisors and Justice Department prosecutors in Arizona who were trying to build a case against "a very powerful, aggressive and violent" Mexican drug cartel in an earlier operation dubbed "Wide Receiver."

www.npr.org...
www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 27-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Unfortunately the electorate is so fickle and has such a short memory, it may be too little too late. Once out of office, just like the Bush-Cheney criminals, it will all just be a wash.

Of course I --hope-- I'm wrong. I'm hoping sooner or later something catches fire (metaphorically speaking) and people start taking to the streets.

(I say "metaphorically speaking" for the benefit of my NSA profile. Should I ever have to defend my words in court, I don't want them to be ambiguous.)

edit on 5/27/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You could very well be right. Could you elaborate?

ETA: Never mind. I see you amplified your point while I was writing my response. And you have a very good point. I now do recall "Wide Receiver." I'm going to go refresh myself on that. Thanks for the pointer....
edit on 5/27/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Is this like people who thought that Obama would bring the true perpetrators of 9/11 to justice and reopen the 9/11 investigation.

Not playing sides here either, but the election is between a turd sandwich and a douche. Neither one will bring fourth any type of useful change or justice of any kind.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

OK. I am duty-bound to post this. There was a "Project Wide Reciever." I vaguely recalled that it was different on some key points. This is what I found. (Actually, I looked at several sources. They generally agree on the salient points.)

When Associated Press reporter Pete Yost uncritically repeated claims by anonymous Department of Justice officials that the Bush-era Operation Wide Receiver was "the same tactic" used by the Obama Justice Department in Operation Fast and Furious and other operations, I called him out, knowing the claim was incorrect.

A later article by Sharyl Attkisson of CBSNews found a dealer who participated in Wide Receiver, and acting ATF Director B. Todd Jones (himself possibly implicated in Gunwalker) agreed that gun-walking had occurred while President Bush was in office. Yet something felt wrong, but I couldn’t recall the information I had previously heard to rebut the claim.

Luckily a reader had a better memory than I, and led me to the June 15 article by Jim Shepherd in The Outdoor Wire. Shepherd’s piece reveals just how different the botched sting of Wide Receiver was from the intentionally criminal Fast and Furious:

[See source Gunwalker: Gunning Down the 'Bush Did It, Too' Lie to learn more.]

Let me hasten to add that I am no lover of the Bush administration (see comments in earlier post). However, fair is fair....

edit on 5/28/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Is this like people who thought that Obama would bring the true perpetrators of 9/11 to justice and reopen the 9/11 investigation.

Not playing sides here either, but the election is between a turd sandwich and a douche. Neither one will bring fourth any type of useful change or justice of any kind.

Very droll... very droll.

And you're right. I voted for Obama--to my everlasting regret (not, mind you, that I think we'd be any better off with McCain). I truly did expect something much different. I truly did expect an honest 9/11 investigation--among many other things. May he burn in hell.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Another, smaller probe occurred in 2007 under the same ATF Phoenix field division. It began when the ATF identified Mexican suspects who bought weapons from a Phoenix gun shop over a span of several months. The probe ultimately involved over 200 guns, a dozen of which were lost in Mexico. On September 27, 2007, ATF agents saw the original suspects buying weapons at the same store and followed them toward the Mexican border. The ATF informed the Mexican government when the suspects successfully crossed the border, but Mexican law enforcement were unable to track them.[4][10]

Less than two weeks later, on October 6, William Newell, then ATF's special agent in charge of the Phoenix field division, shut down the operation at the behest of William Hoover, ATF's assistant director for the office of field operations.[27] No charges were filed. Newell, who was special agent in charge from June 2006 to May 2011, would later play a major role in Operation Fast and Furious.[4][24]

en.wikipedia.org...

In 2007 operation wide receiver was no more and under the current adminstration it was restarted and renamed to fast and furious after knowing that the previous attempt had failed and failed miserably. with the death of Terry that brought it to the national spotlight,

On October 26, 2009, a teleconference was held at the Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. to discuss U.S. strategy for combating Mexican drug cartels. Participating in the meeting were Deputy Attorney General David W. Ogden, Assistant Attorney General Lanny A. Breuer, ATF Director Kenneth E. Melson, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Administrator Michele Leonhart, Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation Robert Mueller and the top federal prosecutors in the Southwestern border states. They decided on a strategy to identify and eliminate entire arms trafficking networks rather than low–level buyers.[3][28][29] Those at the meeting did not suggest using the "gunwalking" tactic, but ATF supervisors would soon use it in an attempt to achieve the desired goals.[30] The effort, beginning in November, would come to be called Operation Fast and Furious for the successful film franchise, because some of the suspects under investigation operated out of an auto repair store and street raced.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

The current adminstration and the current Potus and Holder own fast and furious and they were fully aware of what they were doing because every single day the potus gets presidential daily briefings of who is doing what and where, and the significance of that is arms were being sold to the Mexican cartels.

Everyone at the top knew this.
edit on 28-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thanks, neo.

Well, it just all ties together more and more, doesn't it? Funny how normal people, after using the same method and continually failing, go on to something more likely to succeed. For Christ's sake, even 7-year-olds are capable of that level of reasoning. But these idiots just continue to make it worse and worse.

And it does go to the very top. I went looking for a video the other day that I had seen a couple of years ago. It was an announcement about the funds being released for this project. It was an absolute celebration, and there were profuse thanks all around to Obama and Holder and others (I can't recall at the moment). I wish I could find the thing. It was definitely known about all the way to the top....

new topics

top topics

join