It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBA finals predictions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Forgot to mention that Lebrons defense the last three years is unreal. He is dominating the other Player on both ends of the court now and it is showing on the Scoreboard. This year he could of been MVP and Defensive Player of the Year which would of been the first time that has happened since MJ.

On Topic: The Spurs are very scary right now. Beating the Thunder like they did was very impressive. The Thunder still have a chance but I think they will take the Spurs to a long fought series with the Spurs Winning and the Heat killing the Celtics in 4 or 5 games which will make the Finals one to remember. The Spurs KILLED the Cavs last time in the Finals against Lebron and I am sure that will be on his mind if they play again.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

There will never be another Jordon, or Dr. J, or Bird for that matter. James is obviously talented, what he doesn't have that those other names I listed do is "team play". You can double double, all day, but if it doesn't equal a ring, then you're just Dan Marino, tons of skill and no full game. Am I still hatin on LJ, you damn right. But I don't see the talent he could being fulfilled yet. Again, this series might make me eat my words. If it does, oddly, I'll be happy. Because as it was stated by doodles40, it's making for the best basketball in the last decade. Where we were promised Kobe would bring this event, we actually have players now that are doing it. Like, say KD? ^.~ If I didn't props the home team, right my friends?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasr1oftheJedi

Your killen me with the constant "team play" comments regarding Lebron. He is the ultimate Team Player and EVERY PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE agrees with that. EVERY COACH in the League agrees with that. EVERY ANNOUNCER agrees with that. I dont quite understand how almost averaging a Triple Double doesnt mean "team play"??

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hoochymama

I admit the spurs are scary good. Even local media is preaching "who can beat these guys?". But as I stated earilier, I wouldn't count out the Thunder just yet. They are hungery, young, and talented. If anyone can beat the Spurs, it's the Thunder. We got alot of talent, and again, I would just love to see that championship of the new kid vs. the legend. But I'll settle for Thunder vs Heat ^.~. I have no stats to back that up, just desire and a belief that the Thunder are that championship team. I think the Spurs "shock and awed us" the first time around, but it's not the first time someone popped the Thunder in the mouth. We'll come back.

Though, again, this is just fan rooting more than fact.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I know it doesn't help my "argument" (really, I'm just talkin' sports with ya'll) but I'd refer to my post on player hatin' ^.~

Seriously, you're right backing by stats (though commentators are paid to promote, so their opinion means nothing to me.), LJ is a talent, maybe the best right now. I suppose I can only counter with "maybes" in that until he gets the ring with all that talent that makes those stats (unlike in cleveland) I'll never believe it, til I see it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I agree with you on that one. The only "problem" is Westbrook. Not that he is a bad player but he takes a lot of shots for a 1 and sometimes he gets a little "out of the offense". Durant is a FREAK, kinda like Randy Moss in a way and I cant wait till he develops some Defense. I am afraid that he will turn out like Carmelo though and not improve his game to the next level. Westbrook is like a GREAT Scottie Pippen. He is really good, but I think the Thunder would of been better off trading Westbrook for Chris Paul. Than they would be SCARY!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Yeah man I agree I get kind pretty annoyed when people try and say he's the next MJ and I'm not being a hypocrit I was just using jordan as an example in my last post.

But I don't just mean this for Lebron, it annoys me when people try and compare Kobe to MJ too because of stats and records and all that.

Everyones got their own game

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Not much talent in Miami either. Besides Wade, and now that Bosh is out, there really isnt another IMPACT player on Miami's roster. Mike Miller is garbage, Haslim only plays good against bad players that are guarding him, Joel Anthony (LOL).

I think the Heat should trade Wade and get a couple good players and they will be unbeatable. I think Lebron is that good. Could you imagine Lebron and Ray Allen on the same team??

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I'd trade westbrook for CP3 in a heart beat. Don't get me wrong, Westbrook is hardly a slouch, but CP3 is a fricken BA. Him and KD would make the Thunder a western conference prerenal. I also think all this recent playoff history has done nothing but improve KD's game. He's a hall of famer waiting to happen. Is he Super Legend status like some (Jordon, Bird), I don't know about that, but he's certainly a talent any team would love to have on their team.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yeah I have to admit too as freakishly good as Westbrook is I find that he kind of chokes in the more serious games which leads to him taking and missing a lot of shots. But I think has a lot to do with him being a young dude who still has heaps of time to develop his game and what not.

Speaking of choking...... Lebron *cough *cough
One of his weaknesses haha. Although in saying that I have always said he chokes because he just simply isn't a finisher in my opinion like he can put up crazy numbers throughput the game but I just think don't give it to him in those last seconds, don't force him to be something he's not

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I used to say "Lebron COULD be the next MJ" but there really two different players and the Bulls were stacked with great roll players back then. If I was a GM I would surround Lebron with great roll players and we might not be having the discussion about who is really the Greatest. Although, the WILL of MJ for sure is much greater than Lebron but on talent, its pretty close. Kobe isnt even in the argument though, thats for sure.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
Durant is a FREAK, kinda like Randy Moss in a way and I cant wait till he develops some Defense. I am afraid that he will turn out like Carmelo though and not improve his game to the next level.

Na I don't think Durant will do what melo did, he seems too mature and more willing to learn than melo was, Durant didn't come in just expecting to be an instant star he's the type of dude who works for it and is gonna be a great leader for the future of the thunder IMO

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

That really is not the case with Lebron. I have seen MJ miss plenty of game winners but I have seen him hit many as well. Lebron's game against Detroit was UNREAL when he hit the last 25 points to win the game in Double Overtime. He has also hit many of game winners that get over looked. So, I would say thats just for the haters to look at and with the Youtube era its gets much more attention than when MJ was in the league, especially with the Kobe lovers out there who Blog about Lebrons misses. Skip Bayless doesnt help much either.

But, Skip is much like me, a MJ lover and it is tough to see someone come in the league, especially after all the years of "The Next MJ" being thrown in our face. I just love watching great players play and Lebron is one of the Best I have ever seen.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Kobe isnt even in the argument though, thats for sure.

Hahaha finally someone that agrees

And yeah agreed MJ had awesome support I mean Him and Pippen alone were a beast 1,2 combo, whereas that sort of thing won't happen between wade and Lebron seeing as they are both major stars, they both need that good supporting player and I personally think need to end up on different teams.

Wade shold just return to his home town of chicago
haha I wish

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Thats what I hope because I never heard of this guy. He comes in the league with those long arms and long jumpers and he looks unstoppable. But, he is now playing against a Hall of Fame Coach who might have something up his sleeve to actually contain him.

I hope Durant becomes a two way player because right now I was thinking he had a good chance at competing with Lebron as far as MVP was concerned but Lebron has upped the anti with his defense.

Now you got two FREAKS in the game, Lebron and Durant. Finally. Now, lets see if the NBA relaxes there rules and let defenses play like they used to. Until than, MJ is the best Hands Down. Way better defense back than and we really wont know. If they didnt allow hand checking back than MJ might have averaged 50 a game.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by doodles40
Speaking of choking...... Lebron *cough *cough
One of his weaknesses haha. Although in saying that I have always said he chokes because he just simply isn't a finisher in my opinion like he can put up crazy numbers throughput the game but I just think don't give it to him in those last seconds, don't force him to be something he's not

Last second mastery of MJ spoiled us all, right? ^.^ Serious though, when LJ is winning, he stacks stats. Losing, he's not like MJ. He doesn't fight back. My example is the Cavs playoff run. Ancient history, perhaps.

but there really two different players and the Bulls were stacked with great roll players back then. If I was a GM I would surround Lebron with great roll players and we might not be having the discussion about who is really the Greatest.

Sure we would, but it would be a hellva lot more complicated ^.~

I have seen MJ miss plenty of game winners but I have seen him hit many as well.

Yeah, but MJ hit em when it counted the most, right?

A final note, damn you guys type fast LOL
edit on 28-5-2012 by Lasr1oftheJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Kobe is great dont get me wrong, but he had so much support in LA. He even took MJ's old Coach. Not a bad move but come on now, if you trying to set your own legacy dont steal (search Kobe Bites MJ on Youtube).

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Hahaha I know I know but I've just seen Lebron miss a LOT of those game winners when it really matters. I've seen him hit last second shots in games that didn't matter though. I just don't think he's a finisher in that regard which I don't mean in disrespect I just think he should do his thing and put up major numbers tyhroughout the game and then have someone else take those final shots?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I just watched a MJ video on Youtube on his 50 greatest moves or something like that, and it was jaw dropping. I have seen most of the shots on the video but there were some I have never seen before. But, I think if you put a compilation of Lebron as far as shots, assists, rebounds, and blocks it might be close. Close as in from here to the moon but every other player is from here to maybe jupiter so in retrospect its pretty close.

Now, Lebron is only 27 so he has a long way to go and will DESTROY all of Kobe's records which makes me quite happy.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Yeah, but MJ hit em when it counted the most, right?

My point exactly

edit on 28-5-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join