It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Dawn, a good movie but could it be reality soon!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don’t place much stock into conspiracy theorists and the complex webs they weave, other than for thought provoking conversations and entertainment value. However, there is something strange in the air and its getting harder to ignore. I served eight years in the US Army as a military police officer, during that time we attended all sorts of training. The most memorable was when we were training for martial law on American soil scenarios. When I was a young private, I recall an instructor saying “You WILL see martial law on American soil. That’s inevitable, YOU will also be the ones enforcing it! Get your heads in the game now and make it easier on yourselves in the future” out of all the years of training since nothing has stricken my core so close as the thought of being put in a situation like that. Fortunately, NATO troops would probably be the ones conducting the house to house confiscations, if it comes to that. It breaks my heart that one day soon it is possible the people I once called brothers I will be facing on a domestic battlefield.

I guess the point in all this is that prepping and stockpiling have never been a concern to me. Now that I have a family of my own to look after, some concerns are looming. Don’t want to become an ammo hording prepper or a last minute scavenger once the balloon goes up. Not sure what the future holds but preparations seem in order, if for no other reason than “what if it does happen”, whatever IT may be.

Your thoughts?

edit on 27-5-2012 by JBpage76 because: Grammer correction

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Look...we all have insurance, car insurance, home insurance, etc, but we hope to never need to use it. I put it in the category of "food insurance". It's become a routine way of life for us. We garden and put away the extra, I buy a little extra at the store, I learn a few new skills (sewing, food storage, bike repair, whatever), it helps us short-term with expenses, freeing up resources for food storage.
As a Christian, I am also very aware that what I store may not be for me but for those who outlast me.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JBpage76

They can't even find a viable enemy to make the movie believable, so I don't think there is much chance of it happening in real life!
When hollywood can't even make the plot work, I don't think we have much to worry about. I bet they miss the Russians.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Very true but if the whole world came together against this version of the reich 4.0, they could overrun us.
The problem I see,
The movie red dawn was about the wolverines.
Just for a second, imagine thousands of trained packs of wolverines.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Are people forgetting the ending?

They got their butt kicked and most of them died that is not a reality anyone wants.
edit on 27-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

UN/NATO troops on US soil is a nogo, a deal breaker.
Some might be ok with the idea as the un/nato are the guys hunting down terrorists, until they actually get to deal with them.
I will personally kill any heads inside a blue helmet I see on my street, many others feel the same.
Blue helmets are an invading/occupying army, they are never there to help.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Are people forgetting the ending?

They got their butt kicked and most of them died that is not a reality anyone wants.
edit on 27-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Actually, I do not see the ending in that way.
Like I tell my boys, (they are all grown up now and fancy themselves as "Grown ass men").
"If you and I fight, it will be so bad that even IF I do lose, it will come at such a cost to you that you still will not be able to call it a victory".
That is how I view the end of that movie.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

UN/NATO troops on US soil is a nogo, a deal breaker.
... they are never there to help.

I couldnt agree more. The first sign of trouble will be the blue hats... it will be time to go off the grid for sure! I have been deployed running operations for and along side NATO troops in the former Yugoslavia... Damn Nazi Smurfs are worse than pirates.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
All I know is they'd catch hell in the South!!! Vietnam & Afghanistan couldn't compare to the Guerrial warfare they'd encounter here....why are Founding Fathers Had enough sense to make sure citizens had the right to bear arms....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think Texas would be enough to fight off any invading army

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
The ending is a reality that you sometimes have to face: The expense of your own mortality for the greater good.

One other possibility to consider about UN forces is that they could very well come to the rescue of the civilians in the situation of a coup within the US Government.

Suppose for a moment that the people following Ron Paul decided that he had been screwed over by the election process and decided to launch a rebellion against the current system. And that the decision was made to use the military against them. Not only would martial law be declared, but there would be serious problems trying to identify the rebels from civilians. At some point the chaos may become so great that the UN would need to be called in to restore order because I (like many others) wouldn't want to be clamped down upon and subjected to military enforcement of restoration attempts. It may be enough for me to stand my ground as an uninvolved party to the other conflict....the old "kick in my door for no good reason and I might not be so kindly about it" sort of situation.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Hey OP. How long ago did your drill instructor tell you this?

When and where were you at, details please.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

No offence at all is ment to you (I'm sure you already know)but.... Rangers couldn't hold a US city for very long and your DI told you to violate your oath.If you open fire on civilians you will die by VERY accurate snipers,with skurmishers coming to get your gear probably carrying Saiga 12s and subguns built in basements about 1 hour before they got to the site.
It would tear me up inside too.
Get a Saiga 12 or an Ar with 10 mags and carrier with ammo for 2 loads.Don'y blow all your money on a lot of stuff you can't carry.Just waht you personally would wear and seasonal clothing.
edit on 28-5-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: advice wasn't complete

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBpage76
Not sure what the future holds but preparations seem in order, if for no other reason than “what if it does happen”, whatever IT may be.

Your thoughts?

1: RED DAWN was not about an American Civil War or Martial Law - it was about a poor wheat harvest and the Russians with nothing to lose create a federation of communist nations from Latin and South America to invade the American bread basket to seize the food so thier nation would not perish.

2: If Martial Law were declared (again not the RED DAWN you are looking for) there would be a definitive split in the military between some Generals who would go along and others (and many deserting Soldiers) who would not. States that were ccut off would ditch the Union and activate thier guards and State defense forces.

Guerillas would be trained and used on both sides and I very much doubt the UN would be involved as it takes them weeks to decide what toilet paper to order for the executive washroom. Besides the Pakastanis were # in Somalia, they got a lot of good men killed - I doubt they are much better now.

3: However, the Chinese, Russians, Canadians, and the Mexicans would all take the opportunity to seize places they have been eyeballing for years while we were distracted. Azatlan world be a faction, the Russians would take (or try) to take Alaska and the Chinese would take the Spratleys (sp) and other Pacific islands rich in resources.

All of the factions would fund and arm thier favorite factions of the conflict in hopes to have influence in the reconstruction in the aftermath.

I personally as an ex-SF Officer would train a battalion of G's to fight for my State as my benefit checks would have stopped long before. I'd have little to lose. Once the US government stops providing protection and the services agreed the contract is sort of null and void and all States are on their own.

Hell, if the Russians (I don't speak Chinese) sent me enough arms or money I might even set myself up as king of my own little piece of the world just to be a thorn in Illinois side...I hate that liberal # hole.

edit on 28/5/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Hey OP. How long ago did your drill instructor tell you this?

When and where were you at, details please.

(OP?) I am guessing you were asking me this question?

The training was conducted at Fort McClellan Alabama in or around 1995, the exact date eludes me at the moment. The first round was a initially a two week long combined training in urban combat, POW detention and processing & crowd control courses. Pretty common training for MPs, except OPFOR were made to portray American citizens, giving us the military on civilian angle.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7

....DI told you to violate your oath.If you open fire on civilians .....

Just to elaborate, they weren’t so much teaching us to shoot civilians as it was more focused on the mindset of having to enforce martial law on our own soil, the obvious difficulties that would ensue, and possible scenarios, I don’t know too many soldiers that would take well to that kind of training.
That being said, it would seem very unlikely to ever take place on a large scale due to lack on man power of the US military in general.
If it were a nation wide activation, it would be some time before you started seeing green in the streets of most cities. More than likely take place in stages. Depending on which articles of Martial law were ordered by the President of course, your city, county and state agencies would be federalized (not counting national guard units, that’s a whole different thread) and would act as the enforcement arm of the government until the military could establish a permanent presence. The demand would be too excessive for our current military size to cover all areas, even with the newly federalized agencies which in turn would ultimately make the use of UN/NATO forces necessary.. Which would be exactly what the government would rather do anyway, it takes away the conflict of interest. I know most US soldiers would not (I as wouldn’t have) follow orders to fire on fellow Americans.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Ahabstar because: bb code needed fixed.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Golf66

Originally posted by JBpage76
Not sure what the future holds but preparations seem in order, if for no other reason than “what if it does happen”, whatever IT may be.

Your thoughts?

...RED DAWN was not about an American Civil War or Martial Law - ..

Agreed, but the Title Red Dawn was just used to refer to a civilian mind state and collapse of the way our governing bodies operate in the absence of federal assistance. In the movie, the Cubans and Russians had military control of Central America, for arguments sake, ruled the local inhabitants under martial law. But I do agree with your overall statements.

That wasn’t really the focus of my concerns though, it just seems that there is something strange in the air and that change is coming. I am no longer in the military and that is why I said it would break my heart to find myself on the battlefield with those I called my brothers. Referring to the military in general. And truly, it would. (The Blue helmets are a different story though! No love loss there) For the first time in my life, my confidence isn’t with the leadership of this country. I do not and will not believe that they have our best interests in mind.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   
You would have to become the worst war criminal in history to march on US soil, the level of subduing it would take for the populace would require chemical, biological and nuclear deterrents.

to many guns, no mater how you slice it, people think Americans are gun crazy, they truly have no idea, it is an identity to many people, almost like the English like tea, Americans have guns.

I live in one of the most liberal states in the Country and you can find a gun store in every city in Ca, Hitler even knew invading the US homeland was Impossible.

I may hate the Militarization of the police but I can see the school of thought when dealing with the arsenals some private citizens posses.

Hell there are parts of LA the police just don't go to, you think they'd hesitate to shoot foreign troops?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

You said,

One other possibility to consider about UN forces is that they could very well come to the rescue of the civilians in the situation of a coup within the US Government.

Could you ever believe or expect us to believe that the un/nato are EVER a rescue force?
They have always been an occupying/invading force and nothing more.
I don't care the situation here in the US, the un/nato troops will never be welcomed.
US troops occupying/invading are not welcomed, how could the un/nato ever be?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

While I hate the UN, and I would expect them to only step on our soil with the intentions of being an occupying force, that doesn't mean they aren't useful. We could accept their help and their hardware and once they helped us get a handle on things, then we could kick them out. Think Somalia or Afghanistan. Plus, there are plenty of places around the world that would be happy to see the US government fall, so I'm sure there would be no shortage of insurgents, money, and weapons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join