It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth proves Muhammad-Islam

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Christosterone
Did Allah tell Mohammed to marry a 6 year old then have sex with her at age 9 or was that another "miscalculation"?

Misconception: The Prophet Muhammad was a pedophile

While it is true that he married a girl that was at the age of nine that does not constitute pedophilia. Historically, the age at which a girl was considered ready to be married has been puberty. This was the case in Biblical times, and is still used today to determine the age of marriage in many parts of the world. This was part of the norm and is not something that Islam invented. The girl he got married to had reached puberty 3 years before marriage. It is upon reaching the age of puberty that a person, man or woman, becomes legally responsible for their actions under Islamic law. At this point, they are allowed to make their own decisions and are held accountable for their actions. It should also be mentioned that in Islam, it is unlawful to force someone to marry someone that they do not want to marry. There is no indication that the society at that time criticized this marriage due to the girl’s young age. On the contrary, the marriage was encouraged by the girl’s family and was welcomed by the community at large.

Precocious puberty
Why Prophet Muhammad Married Aisha When She Was Only 9 ?
edit on 28-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
faithfreedom.org
Sina's Challenge

Text
I receive many emails from angry Muslims, who sometimes beg me, and sometimes order me to remove this site. I consider both, pleading and bullying, signs of psychopathology. Argumentum ad baculum and argumentum ad misericordiam are both logical fallacies.
If you do not like this site and want me to remove it, instead of acting as a bully or as a victim, disprove my charges against Muhammad logically. Not only will I remove the site, I will publicly announce that Islam is a true religion. I will also pay
$50,000 U.S. dollars
to anyone who can disprove any of the dozen of the accusations that I have made against Muhammad. I accuse Muhammad of being:
a narcissist
a misogynist
a rapist

a pedophile
a lecher
a torturer

a mass murderer
a cult leader
an assassin

a terrorist
a mad man a looter

I have debated with many Muslims. Their defense of Islam can be summarized in two categories:
a- Denial of the authenticity of Islamic sources that report the stories of crimes of Muhammad (example: debate with Edip Yukssel, a leader of the Submitters)
b- Moral relativism and situational ethics, e.g., “In those days, pedophilia, assassination, rape, raid, pillage, massacre and lying, were common practices, so Muhammad is innocent because he did what everyone else was doing.” Muslims even go as far as to question the legitimacy of the Golden Rule to claim I do not have any basis to condemn Muhammad. In other words, who can say what is good and what is evil? That is up to the messenger of God to decide. (Example: debate with Yamin Zakaria)
These are the main two arguments that Muslims present in defense of Islam. Any rational person can see they are logical fallacies.
The above challenge was issued in 2001 and it hasn't been met yet. See the debates I had with Muslims. Also see the pathetic attempt of some Muslims trying to refute me here , here, here and here. Is that all the Muslim world can offer? Where are the scholars of Islam? Why such an important task is left to a bunch of amateurs who actually do more damage to Islam? Isn't it time that the real scholars come forth and refute my charges?
The truth is that several of the people that debated me were real scholars, such as the eminent Pakistani scholar Mr. Javed Ahmed Ghamidi and his disciple Dr. Khalid Zaheer. This debate is a must read and is available for download. Dr. Zaheer is a learned man, a moderate Muslim and a good human being. I have utmost respect for him.
As of this date (2007), I will no longer debate with people who want to debate anonymously. I only debate with reputable scholars. I made this decision because often, Muslims moved by their faith and zealotry, but with little knowledge of Islam, challenge me to debate. They rehash the same tried and refuted arguments that bore everyone and disappear. Then, other Muslims, either accuse me of fabricating those debates or pooh-pooh my opponents for not being scholars.
As of this day, I am also doubling the reward. If you are not a reputable scholar, you can still win the prize. All you have to do is persuade a scholar to debate with me. If he (she) disproves my charges or can prove that Muhammad was a prophet of God, both you and he (she) will be rewarded $50,000 dollars each. This is to encourage you to write to your admired scholar and convince them that Islam is in danger and that it is their duty to defend it. Once you write to invite someone, please CC a copy to us for announcing the invitation. Our email is faithfreedom2 (at) gmail.com
Please advertise this challenge. Every Muslim must see it. This is like throwing water on their fire. Nothing will dampen their zeal more than the realization that among a billion Muslims there is not a single scholar who can prove the wild claims of Muhammad, nor acquit him of these grave charges. This unmet challenge has a sobering effect on them. They can make any excuse, such as, I am not worth their response, that there have been greater men than me who opposed Islam, or that I have been refuted already, but they will not be able to fool themselves. The more this challenge is circulated, the more Muslims will be forced to remain silent and doubt Islam. Do not undermine the psychological effect of this impossible challenge.
Sincerely

edit on 28-5-2012 by redneck13 because: v

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thank god i've converted to islam

Prophet Muhammad's (SAW) Last Sermon

This Sermon was delivered on the Ninth Day of Dhul Hijjah 10 A.H in the Uranah Valley of mount Arafat

"O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I don't know whether, after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefore listen to what I am saying to you carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.

O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as Sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. Allah has forbidden you to take usury (Interest), therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived...

Beware of Satan, for your safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.

O People, it is true that you have certain rights with regard to your women, but they also have right over you. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat your women well and be kind to them for they are your partners and comitted helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with any one of whom you do not approve, as well as never to commit adultery.

O People, listen to me in earnest, worship Allah, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat. Perform Hajj if you can afford to. You know that every Muslim is the brother of another Muslim. You are all equal. Nobody has superiority over other except by piety and good action.

Remember, one day you will appear before Allah and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not astray from the path of righteousness after I am gone.

O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O People, and understand my words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Qur'an and my example, the Sunnah and if you follow these you will never go astray.

All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listen to me direcly. Be my witness oh Allah that I have conveyed your message to your people."

www.alim.org...

Prophet Muhammad prophesied in the Old Testament

edit on 28-5-2012 by iIuminaIi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
When you don't understand how something was done over a thousand years ago, claim it "divine" because there's no evidence that survived over the centuries to explain it rationally.

Understood.

edit on 28-5-2012 by jlm912 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Do NOT forget that Mohammed married a six year old, raped her at 9 (or had intercourse) and was illiterate. Plus he condoned murder of anyone who spoke against Allah.

First of all the marriage was in heaven, he was told this will be your future wife. Secondly it was normal in those days to marry young, even your great great grand parents most likely did the same. It was normal at that time. Don't be an idiot.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

as the modern concept of "god" is an invention of organized religions, it's kind of difficult to view it in any other framework.

A vast majority of people understand the concept of "God" through their respective religions.
However, God is not contained within any religion.

Atheists and religious fundamentalists have one thing in common... they cannot seperate the concept of "God" from "organized religion".

edit on 28-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

False, Muslims see him as one of the many prophets.

Big words there.... Clearly, you have never read the Koran.

Here, I'll quote it for you Chapter 3 Verse 45

YUSUFALI: Behold! the angels said: "O Mary! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a Word from Him: his name will be Christ Jesus, the son of Mary, held in honour in this world and the Hereafter and of (the company of) those nearest to Allah;
PICKTHAL: (And remember) when the angels said: O Mary! Lo! Allah giveth thee glad tidings of a word from him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, illustrious in the world and the Hereafter, and one of those brought near (unto Allah).
SHAKIR: When the angels said: O Marium, surely Allah gives you good news with a Word from Him (of one) whose name is the '. Messiah, Isa son of Marium, worthy of regard in this world and the hereafter and of those who are made near (to Allah).

www.cmje.org...

Conclusion : Jesus was not just a prophet... but had the title of "Messiah"... or "Christ" in other translations.

I don't know where you get your information from but do a double check from now on, for your own sake.

My claim that Islam sees Jesus as the messiah is from the Koran itself. (read above)
Where are you getting your information from? Pastor Terry Jones?

edit on 28-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's just too bad that all Religions are false.
No bearded man up in the sky tonight, no signs of heaven, anywhere.

There are actually 16 basic human psychological needs that motivate people to seek meaning through religion, said Steven Reiss, author of the new theory and professor of psychology and psychiatry at Ohio State University.

“Because this theory can be tested scientifically, we can learn its strengths and weaknesses, and gradually improve it,” Reiss said. “Eventually, we may understand better the psychological basis of religion.”

These basic human needs – which include honor, idealism, curiosity and acceptance – can explain why certain people are attracted to religion, why God images express psychologically opposite qualities, and the relationship between personality and religious experiences.

researchnews.osu.edu...

I mean it's almost like picking sides for Twilight, the feeble minded are easily attracted to it.

Psychology of religion

12 seconds of obvious truth.

and a picture for my ADHD friends who had trouble paying attention this long;

Are they both right? or are they both wrong?
edit on 28-5-2012 by Apheon because: blasphemous time error

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
the Professional: You have done a lot of research to prove that Mohammed's revelations are correct. My take on you is that you are Islamic and not an American originally. You write with a slight accent.
I worry about your expression "the hunt is sweeter than the kill." This is the wrong focus and many members may have already commented on it I don't know. I read only your take.
I am Christian of origin, I believe that God reveals. A surprising number of people are willing to believe this. They are also probably willing to believe in all of your revelations. However, Americans are a sly bunch and many have been to college. Here, we learn to think critically. No matter what you say, they will tear what you suggest apart.
1. Because they don't want to believe in God. 2. Because the Islamic faith has been found to be violent. This is really hard to fight against.
How I feel about our differences in faith: At least you have a God and don't hate him!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah
What Islam Really Teaches About Allah and Jesus

By David Wood

answering-islam.org/Authors/Wood/deceptive_god.htm

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Apheon

Its too bad that your perception of God begins and ends with "bearded man in the sky".
Do you seriously believe that the billions of theists believe in a "bearded man in the sky"????

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by redneck13

The best source on Islam are anti-Islamic websites, right?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by redneck13

The best source on Islam are anti-Islamic websites, right?

Bunch of "Cartoon Characters" really

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Apheon

Its too bad that your perception of God begins and ends with "bearded man in the sky".
Do you seriously believe that the billions of theists believe in a "bearded man in the sky"????

Perhaps not exactly, do you prefer phantom menace?

Organized Religion is my problem, not a belief thats nobody is trying to spout out as pure truth and enforce it upon me and my brothers and sisters on earth but telling us of doom and gloom.

Furthermore anything that is used to divide people in my humble opinion is inherently bad, and yes I understand this reaches far beyond just simple religion when it comes to the manipulation of humans.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Apheon

Apheon.
Just because your life has never forced you to explore this (God and his existence), doesn't mean that your experience is the end to beat all. Have you faced death? Have you lost several family members in one day? Are you paddling a raft in the ocean. Are you in a fox hole? No.

Does the mind make this up? To my certain experience no, but not every one has a God and so no, he isn't real to some. To them.

If you face death you will certainly explore this. Perhaps you are young and think this will never happen. I don't know. But, I will say a short prayer for you in the meantime. Don't worry, it's for blessings only.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Im not gonna deny that Muhammad probably got his information from source. These days pretty much anyone can get information from source, the great majority simply chooses to ignore it.

I dont have anything in particular against islam, but im not in favor of any religion either. To me they cause wars, division which represents everything that goes against source, God, Higher self or whatever anyone wants to call it. There is no "One true religion" in fact religion itself is an corruptible abomination.

Does this make me an atheist? A devil worshiper? nop, I simply choose to follow my own heart and my own truth. But nice detailed post nonetheless.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Apheon

Perhaps not exactly, do you prefer phantom menace?

I'd actually prefer discussing these matters with someone who is willing to conceptualize God on a spiritual level....not through personal ideas such as "bearded man", "phantom menace etc.".

Peace.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Bless you The Professional and don't let some people on ATS discourage or frustrate you. Rudeness is not allowed here. I hope you don't get "the treatment."

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I was a Muslim at one point, then decided that I want to think for myself, and not be brainwashed my whole life.. I like the idea OP started, but even this thread is proof that religion is not good for us..

-canadubz

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

$50,000 U.S. dollars free for the taking....

its been available for a number of years yet, no one has claimed the prize
liveleak.com/view?i=3b8_1177294750

Text

$50,000 U.S. dollars

to anyone who can disprove my charges and prove Islam is a true religion in an objective (not subjective) way. This is to thank you for showing me the right way. Hey, what is $50,000 dollars compared to being burned and tortured by a sadistic deity? The challenge is:

Disprove my accusations against Muhammad.

I accuse Muhammad of being:

a rapist
a pedophile (had sex with a child)
an assassin
a mass murderer
a ruthless torturer
a terrorist (I have been made victorious through terror)
a lecher
a misogynist
a narcissist
a thief and plunderer
a cult leader
a mentally deranged (was paranoid, heard voices, hallucinated of seeing jinns, Satan and angels, used to think he had sex with his wives when he did not, suffered from depression and had suicidal tendencies).

edit on 28-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2012 by redneck13 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join