Google Earth proves Muhammad-Islam

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
First, so sailors and navigators had been using the stars for centuries before Mohammed to line up ships, maps, etc. Agriculturalists used stars for planting seasons and lining up properties for centuries before Mohammad. A common tool is the sextant.
Second, Mohamed said he received the info from Allah, not YWHW.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I'm not interested in a line. I'm interested in the proof he was given direction. Where in the Quaran is that please?

You see I could draw lines from Jerusalem to other places and make equally bold claims... but there is nothing in the Bible about Mt Everest.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

Ships travel normally across rhumb lines and I gave examples of the maps up until Mohammad's time and they were extremely poor examples.

Another thing is that when alining the buildings in olden days (pyramids, Stonehenge etc...) they were aligned relative to a CELESTIAL target. This mosque is aligned relative to a TERRESTRIAL target. While the Great pyramid does face north, it could be revelation from satan LOL (after all Polaris is greek for satan)

Even if you used the stars the best you could do is make a mosque that has faces that are parallel to the faces of the mosque in Kaaba, but not a mosque AIMED at Kaaba. While their faces might be parallel, this does not mean that the mosque in Sanna would be aimed at Kaaba.

There is a fundamental difference people are not realizing.

Plus you mentioned sextant: It was invented much later
en.wikipedia.org...

an English mathematician, and Thomas Godfrey (1704–1749), a glazier in Philadelphia. John Bird made the first sextant in 1757
edit on 053131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 28 May 2012 05:54:43 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

Not in Qur'an, from his companions and message keepers, the historians and his companions that traveled with him.

For instance his stories are kept in authenticated books collectively known as Hadith's

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pacifier2012

You see I could draw lines from Jerusalem to other places and make equally bold claims... but there is nothing in the Bible about Mt Everest.

Could you draw these lines in the year 500 without Google earth? Who is talking about the bible and Mount Everest? Not I...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
1 other point that is to be notice

The story mentioned about Mohammad DID NOT KNOW the direction.
He can point anywhere he can, he can pick the top of the said mountain as told, or pick Mt Everest, or pick his path, whatever, he might be lucky or he might be not, looks like he correct anyway. Agree ?

What to be notice is - he mentioned "I dont know", yes, he mentioned hes a bit dumb, but its an honest words.
If he just pick a guess, chances is hes wrong.
If he just pick a lucky guess, why he even bother to mention "I dont know" in the first place ?

To further complicate the matter, the trajectory change so much when the second/turning point is near. The mountain is near, I bet even if he move / offset tens of feet, it will be miles away from Mecca.

Just an observation. I never know about this story anyway.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm less than impressed with the ability of Muslims to line up their mosques with Mecca. From The Telegraph

Muslim worshippers at about 200 old mosques in Mecca have been praying in the wrong direction for decades because the mosques were not built correctly, a Saudi newspaper has reported.

The discrepancy was only realised after looking at the old mosques, some built more than 50 years ago, from atop the new skyscrapers being constructed in Islam's holiest city in western Saudi Arabia, the report said.

Mosque errors
Two hundred mosques, right in the city of Mecca, are not aligned properly. Is this proof that Islam is wrong? It certainly weakens the case for God's intervention.

I think they should all commit mass suicide because of this transgression....or at least a public whipping is in order. Praying while wrongly faced...what an outrage!!!! The God does not forgive such deviancy.

I suggest 40 days of praying, kneeling on corn seeds. To easy the suffering...God has decided that one can send in his stand in to work the punishment. If one has a wife...this is preferable.

just my...what do you call it..."2 cents" as an unbeliever...in whatever deity you prefer.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13
www.answering-islam.org...

Text
Deceptive God, Incompetent Messiah
What Islam Really Teaches About Allah and Jesus

By David Wood
FACT #1: The Qur’an states that Jesus was a messenger of Allah and a prophet of Islam. Indeed, Surah 19 tells us that Jesus began preaching Islamic theology the moment he was born
FACT #2: The Qur’an states that Jesus won a number of followers.
FACT #3: If there were first-century Jews who converted to Islam at the preaching of Jesus, they didn’t last very long
FACT #4: The Qur’an states that Allah deceived people into believing that Jesus had died on the cross

Allah Spreads the False Religion He Accidentally Started

FACT #5: The Qur’an states that Allah helped spread Christianity

If Islam Is True . .
If Christianity Is True . . .

If Christianity is true, then the following statements are also true:
(1) People can only come to God through Jesus Christ.
(2) Satan is a real spirit being who wants to keep people from God.[18]

It would help Mr Wood if he took the time to learn what the word Islam means. It means submission to the will of God. And Islam itself is basically nothing but the Gospel of Jesus.

If he claims Islam is false then he is saying the same thing about Christianity.

He also says God made a mistake isn't God supposed to be infallible? It seems Wood isn't that religious after all sounds like just another scam artist.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Sorry Danbones, but you are off on this. Papal infallibility has to do with only faith and morals and it only has to do when a pope speaks 'ex cathedra'. The pope saying the sun revolves around the earth doesn't fit into either of those. It's wrong of course, but the popes weren't speaking 'ex cathedra' and they weren't speaking of faith/morals.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Islam acknowledges the messiahship of Jesus.

The majority of Christians believe that Christ is God incarnate. Right or wrong, that's what a majority believe. Christianity has a Trinity God. Islam and the Jews have just the one single God-head. The Muslims have more in common with the Jews than they do with the Christians.

As for the notion that Google Earth proves Muhammad talked to God when he created Islam ... NAAH!. It's an interesting conspiracy theory and I give the OP kudos for coming up with it because these kinds of theories are fun and all, but it simply isn't there. Muhammad could have been just guessing, or he could have been following other maps and/or information from that time period, or he could have been following stargazers, or he could have been getting information from the traveling caravans he was raiding and stealing from, or he could have been getting information where to start his bloodthirsty cult from spiritually evil sources ... or anything. IF - and I stress the word IF - God is a good and loving God, he wouldn't be assisting anyone in establishing a killing cult through a murderer and thief (which is what Muhammad was). And I agree with the previous poster (from page one I think) - if the information did come supernaturally, it could easily have been from an evil source in order to set up a counter offensive to the Jews, Christians, Hindus and Buddhists - Islam doesn't exactly get along with any of those religions. There is no way Islam is 'the one true religion'. If by some oddity it is .. then this God of Islam isn't the kind of God I'd want to worship. He'd be powerful, but pretty damn savage and stupid.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
double posted .... strange ....
edit on 5/28/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Arab cartographers really did not get better until after the time of Muhammad:

Because most Arab scientists were dumb as a rock and most of the "Arab" discoveries were actually Persians making discoveries. The twisting of history is so overwhelming.

Therefore, Muhammad did not have access to any sophisticated maps and his construction directions were given via divine intervention.

Yes and aliens helped build the Egyptian pyramids. Why? Well, because nobody knows how they did it, therefore, aliens.

He is saying that the walls are not lining up perfectly and exactly perpendicular to the Kaaba in Mecca. Well blame it on the construction. Muhammad was given instruction to build it aiming precisely at the peak of Mount Deyn. His workers did not do a good job of lining it up to 100% spec, but it still does not negate the fact that Muhammad knew that the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca was a line exactly through the Peak of mount Deyn.

Bla bla bla.

Pathetic reasoning.

PS.

For you to claim it was divine inspiration you would have to look for something divine in the character of the man. Good luck. There is not much divine about a murderer, rapist, plunderer...but then again, you know everything right?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Giving another way to do the same problem does not negate the fact that he did it the first way, ie through divine intervention.

You giving examples of alternative methods does not mean that he did it your way. In fact there is no evidence that he did it your way, while history says that he received divine revelation.

When you shoot a basket into from half court into the hoop and I come along and say: No way he could do something like that, let me show you what he did by shooting from the free throw line.... It still does not take away from the fact that there is no countering evidence.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InfoKartel

Yes and aliens helped build the Egyptian pyramids. Why? Well, because nobody knows how they did it, therefore, aliens.

This is not a nobody knows explanation. Muhammad said he received divine revelation. Muhammad did not say aliens gave him information.

For the record I do not believe aliens built the pyramids.

Bla bla bla. Pathetic reasoning. PS.

You still did not counter my statement, but just said 'pathetic reasoning' Please do elaborate on your statement...

There is not much divine about a murderer, rapist, plunderer...but then again, you know everything right?

false, false, false, and more than you at least
edit on 063131p://5America/ChicagoMon, 28 May 2012 06:49:27 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

This is not a nobody knows explanation. Muhammad said he received divine revelation. Muhammad did not say aliens gave him information.

So if he did in fact, state that aliens gave him information, you would be here claiming what exactly?

For the record I do not believe aliens built the pyramids.

Ah, there is still hope. Neither do I. It's a retarded notion.

You still did not counter my statement, but just said 'pathetic reasoning' Please do elaborate on your statement...

You claim someone didn't know something. Then did something that must've been divine because of YOUR claim that he did not know how to do what he did. That's called pathetic reasoning and not worthy of a reply in the first place, hence the BLA BLA.

I noticed you did not react to the fact that divine inspiration requires divine character. I also noticed how you evaded the twisting history argument...then again, its implication would hamper some of the Islamic nonsense you shared with us in the past, you're sharing with us now but more importantly, the nonsense that you are to research in the future and try to share with others.

PS.

If you are not familiar with after-the-fact prophecy, or hindsight as it's called, then you have a lot to learn.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Giving another way to do the same problem does not negate the fact that he did it the first way, ie through divine intervention.

You haven't shown that he did it through divine intervention. Your statement 'the fact that he did it thruogh divine intervention' has not been proven. There is no proof of that. There are MANY ways that Muhammad - a known thief and murderer - could have gotten the information.

You giving examples of alternative methods does not mean that he did it your way. In fact there is no evidence that he did it your way,

There is no evidence he did it your way either.
It's all just us guessing based on what information was available at that time.

while history says that he received divine revelation.

No. He and his cult followers CLAIM it was divine revelation. That's no different than Jim Jones and HIS cult followers claiming divine revelation. That's no different than Moses and HIS cult followers claiming divine revelation. ANYONE can claim it. Anyone can get people to believe it. But that doesn't make it true.

Like I said .. I give you kudos for coming up for a grand conspiracy theory. But it isn't proof positive .. and there are too many other ways that he could have gotten his information to say that Google proves anything.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
reply to post by InfoKartel

There is not much divine about a murderer, rapist, plunderer...but then again, you know everything right?

false, false, false, and more than you at least

InfoKartel is correct. The fact that Muhammad was a mass murder, rapist, and plunderer (and he forgot ... caravan raider) ... is all true and well documented. Muhammad ordered 'hits' on his political opponents. He ordered mass murders. His 'visions and revelations' were sex-obsessed. Rather 'earthly' for an etherial God to be running on about ...

Not exactly the kind of guy that a supposedly loving God would have at the head of His one-true religion on earth. Unless that God is really sick and twisted. And if that's the case, then I want no part of either of them.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I'm not an atheist, but I will take a crack at the OP's question on how it, and I believe many other, ancient feats were accomplished. What modern man and their hubris fails to realize is that the ancients delved into and had knowledge of things that were considered heresy, witchcraft, demonic etc. Those people were killed by disease, witch hunters, and the like. Some still practice but do so in secret as to avoid said killing as mentioned before. In summation, these techniques were simply forgotten, lost, or deemed by most as crazy talk.

One of those techniques is dubbed astral projection.

Astral projection (or astral travel) is an interpretation of out-of-body experience (OBE) that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of traveling outside it.[1] Astral projection or travel denotes the astral body leaving the physical body to travel in the astral plane.

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm no expert on the subject, but I have a feeling ancients used this to look at the carvings from the sky near Machu Picchu for example.

Open your minds some people and realize that, not all, ancients were "cavemen" beating on each other with clubs and dragging women by their hair.

I'm no expert on Islam either, but there is mention of a night voyage Muhammad took.

Hadith
Narrated Jabir bin 'Abdullah: That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "When the people of Quraish did not believe me (i.e. the story of my Night Journey),
I stood up in Al-Hijr and Allah displayed Jerusalem in front of me, and I began describing it to them while I was looking at it."
—Collected by Muhammad al-Bukhari, Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 226[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

Well there you have it. That's how I believe it was done.
edit on 28-5-2012 by majesticgent because: grammar fixes

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Hardly proof though is it! Its more of a coincidence.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by Danbones

Sorry Danbones, but you are off on this. Papal infallibility has to do with only faith and morals and it only has to do when a pope speaks 'ex cathedra'. The pope saying the sun revolves around the earth doesn't fit into either of those. It's wrong of course, but the popes weren't speaking 'ex cathedra' and they weren't speaking of faith/morals.

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
Islam acknowledges the messiahship of Jesus.

The majority of Christians believe that Christ is God incarnate. Right or wrong, that's what a majority believe. Christianity has a Trinity God. Islam and the Jews have just the one single God-head. The Muslims have more in common with the Jews than they do with the Christians.

As for the notion that Google Earth proves Muhammad talked to God when he created Islam ... NAAH!. It's an interesting conspiracy theory and I give the OP kudos for coming up with it because these kinds of theories are fun and all, but it simply isn't there. Muhammad could have been just guessing, or he could have been following other maps and/or information from that time period, or he could have been following stargazers, or he could have been getting information from the traveling caravans he was raiding and stealing from, or he could have been getting information where to start his bloodthirsty cult from spiritually evil sources ... or anything. IF - and I stress the word IF - God is a good and loving God, he wouldn't be assisting anyone in establishing a killing cult through a murderer and thief (which is what Muhammad was). And I agree with the previous poster (from page one I think) - if the information did come supernaturally, it could easily have been from an evil source in order to set up a counter offensive to the Jews, Christians, Hindus and Buddhists - Islam doesn't exactly get along with any of those religions. There is no way Islam is 'the one true religion'. If by some oddity it is .. then this God of Islam isn't the kind of God I'd want to worship. He'd be powerful, but pretty damn savage and stupid.

coming from a people (the huron ) that were decimated by christianity for their land
I'd have to say the same about the christian god...and people who think that "the christian god's" infalability is an excuse to do the devils work...its a mind control cult for the profit and power of a few non cristians and non muslims

OK FF, I'll give you the technicality in the churches lawbook..

the REALITY is the concept, like the belief in a flat earth, are the outgrowths of the concept of papal infalability...like the power over the devine right of kings.

its the core of the churche's and the vatican banks hold over all the people under its sway

back to the OP
while I believe all these religions are just for the purpose of fleecing the flock, any religious authority that could get such important things wrong in the face of the evidence for Soooo long deserves all the criticism and misstrust that the consequences of that wrongness engender

also note the post on the CROSS and its real uses navigational and as a building tool..etc
it predates the churches and religions mentioned here by oh ....tens of thousand years
the fact that that is glossed over by every christian on this thread is just another example of how papal or profitable infalability is the death of real knowledge and wisdom

just look at how it has misdirected from the OP

edit on 28-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Arab cartographers really did not get better until after the time of Muhammad:

Because most Arab scientists were dumb as a rock and most of the "Arab" discoveries were actually Persians making discoveries. The twisting of history is so overwhelming.

Therefore, Muhammad did not have access to any sophisticated maps and his construction directions were given via divine intervention.

He is saying that the walls are not lining up perfectly and exactly perpendicular to the Kaaba in Mecca. Well blame it on the construction. Muhammad was given instruction to build it aiming precisely at the peak of Mount Deyn. His workers did not do a good job of lining it up to 100% spec, but it still does not negate the fact that Muhammad knew that the direction of the Kaaba in Mecca was a line exactly through the Peak of mount Deyn.

Bla bla bla.

Pathetic reasoning.

PS.

For you to claim it was divine inspiration you would have to look for something divine in the character of the man. Good luck. There is not much divine about a murderer, rapist, plunderer...but then again, you know everything right?

link(s) please

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join