It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth proves Muhammad-Islam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

but I think his wife was the source of the wisdom that accomplished that feat.

But his wife was not a prophet, plus where did she get the information from

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the above is why I mentioned the celtic cross
(to cross the ocean...)

it allowed for very precise positional and vector measurements and time keeping thousands of years before history as we know it
edit on 27-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

You and ATS have given me another topic I know absolutely nothing about. So, as a starting point, I used wikipedia, as you did. Here are some of the things I found.

Great Mosque of Sana'a is an ancient mosque in Sana'a, Yemen, just east of the old Ghumdan Palace. It dates to the 7th century and was reportedly built in part from the materials of the initial Ghumdan palace which was destroyed by Caliph Uthman because he feared it could be used as a stronghold for a rebellion.

en.wikipedia.org...
OK, so if Uthman destroyed the Ghumdan palace to get the material, when did he do it? Again from wikipedia, en.wikipedia.org...
Muhammad died in 632. He was followed by Abu Bakr who ruled from 632-634. Then there was Caliph Umar from 634-644. Uthman was chosen as Caliph in November of 644. So if Caliph Uthman destroyed the Ghumdan palace, it couldn't have been before 645. Thus the materials weren't obtained until 645, making it impossible for Muhammad to build the mosque.

It may very well be that wikipedia is wrong, but I would like to see an explanation of how this could have happened.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

but I think his wife was the source of the wisdom that accomplished that feat.

But his wife was not a prophet, plus where did she get the information from

black and decker DIY home improvement encyclopeadia I"ll wager...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

hope this helps:
from knowallopeadia

The palace was destroyed by Caliph Uthman, or even earlier, by the Abyssinian conqueror Abrahah Al-Hubashi. Restored several times, the palace history is rich in legends and tales. It is mentioned in many pieces of Arabic poetry, the poets singing about its beauty.[4]Ghumdan Palace tower, a 20-storey high rise building, is believed by some to have been the world's earliest skyscraper.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

I'm less than impressed with the ability of Muslims to line up their mosques with Mecca. From The Telegraph

Muslim worshippers at about 200 old mosques in Mecca have been praying in the wrong direction for decades because the mosques were not built correctly, a Saudi newspaper has reported.

The discrepancy was only realised after looking at the old mosques, some built more than 50 years ago, from atop the new skyscrapers being constructed in Islam's holiest city in western Saudi Arabia, the report said.

Mosque errors
Two hundred mosques, right in the city of Mecca, are not aligned properly. Is this proof that Islam is wrong? It certainly weakens the case for God's intervention.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Dear Danbones,

Thank you very much. Unfortunately it doesn't clear up my troubles. Remember my quote?

Great Mosque of Sana'a is an ancient mosque in Sana'a, Yemen, just east of the old Ghumdan Palace. It dates to the 7th century and was reportedly built in part from the materials of the initial Ghumdan palace which was destroyed by Caliph Uthman because he feared it could be used as a stronghold for a rebellion.
I don't see how we can avoid (if this quote is accurate) the idea that Uthman at least messed up the Ghumdan palace site and some of the stuff he messed up was used in making the mosque. I still can't see how someone can claim that Muhammad built the Mosque, then 13 years later Uthman took material from the Ghumdan site to build the mosque that Muhammad had already built. If the mosque had been built by Muhammad, why bring Uthman into it? It doesn't make sense to me yet.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

No it as a matter of fact strengthens my case. When were these mosques built and by whom? Did muhammad build them or someone else?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
W0_0W S&F Dude, Great Post !!!!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
I think they had someone climb to the top of the mountain, look along the coast to where mecca was and take a sighting to where to build the new Mosque - they couldn't go wrong really could they!!!

Good theory and all but it is wrong. How do i know?

Well I just went to the top of Mount Deyn (in Google earth lol) and performed a 360 degree circle and could not see the coast or Mecca from the mountain top for that matter..

Made a YouTube video of the trip just for you

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear Danbones,

Thank you very much. Unfortunately it doesn't clear up my troubles. Remember my quote?

I don't see how we can avoid (if this quote is accurate) the idea that Uthman at least messed up the Ghumdan palace site and some of the stuff he messed up was used in making the mosque. I still can't see how someone can claim that Muhammad built the Mosque, then 13 years later Uthman took material from the Ghumdan site to build the mosque that Muhammad had already built. If the mosque had been built by Muhammad, why bring Uthman into it? It doesn't make sense to me yet.

With respect,
Charles1952

or even earlier, by the Abyssinian conqueror Abrahah Al-Hubashi.

from my above post and quote
I would have thought that might have explained your delimma

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Fantastic thread brother

Should be on front page

edit on 27-5-2012 by DumbTopSecretWriters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I really would like the input of the non-religious people and see their thoughts. Please don't say Aliens

If you want to say Aliens, please provide historical evidence that Muhammad got his information from an Alien. When I mean alien I mean Extraterrestrial being, not inter-dimensional being like an angel (which he got his information from)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Nice research. I did not know that some mosques were laid out with that type of precision. It's reasonable to conclude a divine hand at work.

It sound like sacred geometry to me. The ancient Tabernacle of the Jews was designed with sacred geometry as well. The most holy chamber was a cube and I believe the Islamic Kaba is also a cube. The Christian faith today has no elements of sacred geometry. The only place in the NT that mentions a variety of divine numbers and calculations is Revelations. The number that stands out throughout the bible is the number seven.

Does Islam hold any high regard for the number seven?

It might be a good idea to research the construction of the solar system to see why God/Allah chose this particular space in the galaxy to be our home. Why does it take 7 wasted planets in a star system to make one good one? I didn't include Pluto in that number.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If islam is supposed to be the great religion for mankind..why is there so much confusion about what sect is right? Shia, sunni, sufi, habashi, druz, qurani's, etc etc. Why so much division when Islam is supposed to unite?. Wasnt that the reason why islam was sent for all mankind in the first place? to correct religions and give people "truth"? I dont see it at all.

Religions are the same, Us vs Them, we are better than you, we are superior because god gave us this or that..

In the end, we all live on the same earth, no religion/culture/sect/division will own it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Yes, muslims walk around the kabaa 7 times during hajj.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Does Islam hold any high regard for the number seven?

Yes they do indeed:

The Seven Heavens in Islam

Seven layers of hell

The seven layers of the earth..etc

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
More about Muhammad (PBUH)

Duration 1:35:42

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I think there's more to seven than meets the eye.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
For those of you who do not want to install Google earth you can easily do it here:

wvaughan.org...

Just double click on Yemen, and zoom into the mosque. The green line will always be pointing at Mecca:

This model is the most accurate, even more accurate than Google Earth, because it takes into account earths slight oblate shape based on the WGS-84 model. As you can see The green line passes through the peak of the Mountain.
edit on 113131p://5America/ChicagoSun, 27 May 2012 23:51:20 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join