It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Earth proves Muhammad-Islam

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

on top of my above mentioned post here are a couple links to read concerning why Islam would be the natural succession to Christianity and Judaism.

www.thelowestroom.com...

"Again, he [Paul] meets with James and the leadership of the Jerusalem community. Employing the now familiar Qumranic formulation, they express the worry they share with other 'zealots of the Law' - that Paul, in his preaching to Jews living abroad, is encouraging them to forsake the Law of Moses.It is, of course, a justified accusation, as Paul has made clear in his letters. Acts does not record his response to it. The impression conveyed is that he lies, perjures himself and denies the charges against him. When asked to purify himself for seven days - thereby demonstrating the unjustness of the allegations and his continued adherence to the Law - he readily consents to do so."

And then this which is especially important, since the timing is after Jesus:

"Finally, the 'Community Rule' introduces the Messiah - or perhaps Messiahs, in the plural. Members of the Community, 'walking in the way of perfection', are obliged to adhere zealously to the Law 'until there shall come the prophet and the Messiahs of Aaron and Israel'.9 This reference is usually interpreted as meaning two distinct Messiahs, two equally regal figures, one descended from the line of Aaron, one from the established line of Israel -i.e. the line of David and Solomon. But the reference may also be to a dynasty of single Messiahs descended from, and uniting, both lines. In the context of the time, of course, 'Messiah' does not signify what it later comes to signify in Christian tradition. It simply means 'the Anointed One', which denotes consecration by oil. In Israelite tradition, it would seem, both kings and priests - in fact, any claimant to high office - were anointed, and hence Messiahs."

Into which is quite fitting that after the Prophet Jesus was to come another Prophet (Prophet Muhammed) and the 12 Imams (the Messiahs) .. those annointed ones that were to be waited on... (for this I am assuming the plural which is NOT in anyway out of context) This entire book is a MUST READ for those who are seeking the truth.

To further prove this theory according to Jewish texts, here is another excellent read:

www.al-islam.org...

Just as the shia prove Ghadeer to the sunnis, it is also provable to the Jews and Christians as Ghadeer is also found in the bible as something by which men will be judged according to, which is the place where Imam Ali was appointed successor to Prophet Muhammed, it is the pivitol moment in Islam, and according to shia that event in which our acceptance or denial of means a GREAT deal in the afterlife and how we will be judged.

www.al-islam.org...

There is much to read, and to explore, if one is to find the real truth, and it must be in your heart and soul that you want only GOD's truth, and not your own, and not that of men.... when you explore in truth, you will find ample evidence that Shia Islam is the correct continuance of Judaism and true Christianity
edit on 29-5-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Yes actually, Muslims believe in both Jesus and Moses...

No.

Muslims believe in Isa, a "version" of Jesus at odds with the Christian Jesus. There is another term for someone who claims to be Jesus but who is in fact at odds with Jesus, but this probably isn't the place to go into that debate.

As an example of what I mean, re-read the Qur'an, and see how, for instance, the term "Christ" is used, which is at odds with the way it is used in Christianity. Christians see it as a title of office, Muslims see it as an alternate name. The most logical rationale for that difference is an imperfect understanding of Jesus to begin with, when Islam was being manufactured, with the intent to make it more palatable to Christians by inclusion of their holy figures.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

No. Muslims believe in Isa

Dude Isa is the Arabic name for Jesus. The prime difference is that Muslims believe that Jesus was raised to heaven and did not die on the cross and he is to return soon to fight the antichrist.

Christians believe Jesus died on the cross.

Jews do not believe in Jesus.

Pretty simple actually.

a "version" of Jesus

There are no versions of Jesus. Muslims believe in the historical Jesus of the bible. There are no other fake Jesus' walking around except in Las vegas at the moment...
edit on 063131p://5America/ChicagoTue, 29 May 2012 18:04:52 -0500 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I agree with you the Quranic Jesus (in arabic Isa) is a bit different in some respects with Pauline followers, ie: modern Christians today, but this does not make Him a different person, simply a different interpretation of the same....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Paulianism is a horrible bastardization of Christianity.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Paulianism is a horrible bastardization of Christianity.

I QUITE agree!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
double post, sorry

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OpinionatedB

on top of my above mentioned post here are a couple links to read concerning why Islam would be the natural succession to Christianity and Judaism.

Everyone sees thing differently, I suppose. In Islam, it is believed that Islam is not the successor to Judaism or Christianity at all - it is believed that Islam was the original, and that Judaism and Christianity are the successors, which veered off in the wrong direction. Muslims believe that Christianity and Judaism are corruptions of the original, which was Islam from the very beginning.

I personally don't see any succession at all, although I'm aware of Christian efforts to make connective links to Judaism in order to claim a succession. I don't think Christianity is any more a successor to Judaism than Judaism is a successor to Islam. Each has tenet which violate the tenets of both of the others, not a good thing in a line of succession. If they were successions, it would be more logical to see each building upon the last, rather than openly contradicting it.

I appreciate the links, and will read them. I have been acquainted very closely with Islam since I was a teenager, but still find surprises occasionally. However, it's going to be a really hard sell to convince me that Islam is any sort of successor to either Judaism or Christianity, or both, much less that any single Islamic sect is the successor. Not impossible, but a hard sell all the same. I honestly don't see a linkage or succession between Judaism and Christianity, either.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You do not appear aquainted with the true teachings of Shia Islam, and there is a HUGE difference....

But yes it would be an eye opener to read through completely the links I provided and give them some contemplation... I am glad that you are willing to take the time to read them. Knowledge is what is most important after all, even if you find yourself in disagreement after, at least you have done so with full knowledge rather than partial...

Nice speaking to you, if you find you need anything just drop me a PM

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Dude Isa is the Arabic name for Jesus. The prime difference is that Muslims believe that Jesus was raised to heaven and did not die on the cross and he is to return soon to fight the antichrist.

Dude, Isa is the Arabic form of the Greek form Jesus. Why, since they were so close to the source, did they not use his real name, or an Arabic version of THAT name? why go through the Greek instead?

Christians believe Jesus died on the cross.

They do believe that, but there is a great deal more to it in Christian doctrine than simply expiring on a Roman cross. Islam entirely negates the person of Jesus as found in Christian doctrine. it's not just a matter of how a death occurred or didn't occur, it's all the doctrine and circumstances SURROUNDING that death. Islam entirely negates all of it, at every point.

Jews do not believe in Jesus.

Not entirely correct. He is mentioned in Jewish history and legend, but you are correct in saying that Jews "don't believe in him" in the sense of accepting his religious mission (other than a very tiny minority of Jews who DO accept it - they are generally seen as "fake Jews" by the rest of Judaism). neither do Muslims. the Muslims instead try to co-opt him and make him a bearer of THEIR religious mission.

a "version" of Jesus

There are no versions of Jesus. Muslims believe in the historical Jesus of the bible. There are no other fake Jesus' walking around except in Las vegas at the moment...

No, they do not. I'd like to see how it is you arrive at that conclusion. if need be, I can supply Qur'anic verses which demonstrate that Muslims DO NOT believe in the historical Jesus of the Bible.

edit on 2012/5/29 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I agree with you the Quranic Jesus (in arabic Isa) is a bit different in some respects with Pauline followers, ie: modern Christians today, but this does not make Him a different person, simply a different interpretation of the same....

It gives him a different religious office, a different mission. I can accept that they are referring to the same literal man, but from there, the divergence is too great to reconcile between the two views of "who" he was or what his purpose or mission was.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Interesting thread and not sure if this was mentioned all ready but ...
The ancients were not stupid , they were able to tell a LOT buy observing the stars and there movements .

Much can be learned about location when using the stars as a guide . The ancients looked up a lot more than we do today and they were able to tell a lot about about where they were and where they were facing , it's really quite simple .

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

only when you consider Pauline doctrines alone. It becomes easily reconcilable as one and the same when you look towards the views of the earliest Christians, those who actually knew Jesus, whose writings can be found interpreted in Books such as I linked above in this thread ( "THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS DECEPTION" by Michael Baigent and Richard Leigh)

But I digress, I so hate to repeat. You take care, and as I said before, drop me a private message should you have questions or concerns or would like additional reading.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You do not appear aquainted with the true teachings of Shia Islam, and there is a HUGE difference....

You are correct. I was Sunni.

But yes it would be an eye opener to read through completely the links I provided and give them some contemplation... I am glad that you are willing to take the time to read them. Knowledge is what is most important after all, even if you find yourself in disagreement after, at least you have done so with full knowledge rather than partial...

I agree. I don't like making uniformed decisions or coming to uninformed conclusions, and so I strive to inform myself.

Nice speaking to you, if you find you need anything just drop me a PM

Likewise!

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by redneck13

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by iIuminaIi

Muhammad is not prophesied in the Holy Bible. Also, the Holy Spirit is part of the Holy Trinity. The Holy Spirit is God. An angel is a created being. It is not the Holy Spirit. Boy deception runs deep.
edit on 28-5-2012 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

Sorry you are wrong there
Muhammad IS prophesied in the Holy Bible

Deu 18:20 But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.
Deu 18:21 And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?
Deu 18:22 When a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Matthew 24:11
Viewing the 1769 King James Version. Click to switch to 1611 King James Version of Matthew 24:11
And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

Guess we know who the False Prophet is, The antichrist and his false prophet side kick. Hm, sounds just like the Mahdi and his 12th Imam sidekick who pretends to be Jesus.

Oh yeah, the muslim messiah brings peace for 7 years, the christian anti-christ pretends to bring peace for 7 years and when the jews have their pants down he betrays them, rather like Muhammad's treaty with the Quraysh. Pretending peace until the antichrist is ready to deliver the Coup de Grace. Stage 1 jihad > stage 2 jihad > stage 3 jihad > armageddon.

Missing one key ingredient, the rebuilt Temple of Solomon.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Guess we know who the False Prophet is, The antichrist and his false prophet side kick. Hm, sounds just like the Mahdi and his 12th Imam sidekick who pretends to be Jesus.

Jesus in both Islamic and Christian eschatology = messiah + returns to fight the antichrist.
the Anti-christ in both Islamic and Christian eschatology = World deceiver + one eyed + dies at the hands of Jesus.
The Mahdi = fights also against the anti-christ....so how can he be the anti-christ at the same time?

Secondly, there is no such thing as "The antichrist and his false prophet side kick"....
The first "beast" is not a man, but a kingdom or a regime...The second "beast" however is a man who deceives on behalf of the beasts and IS the anti-christ/dajjal.

edit on 30-5-2012 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

see how, for instance, the term "Christ" is used, which is at odds with the way it is used in Christianity. Christians see it as a title of office, Muslims see it as an alternate name.

Messiah is also a title in Islams teachings of Jesus.
Isa al-masih means Jesus, the messiah.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Please be so kind as to define the Arabic word "masih" in English.

When you do that, the difference between the Christian Jesus and the Islamic Isa should become abundantly clear.

To the Christians, at least.

edit on 2012/5/30 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Please be so kind as to define the Arabic word "masih" in English.
When you do that, the difference between the Christian Jesus and the Islamic Isa should become abundantly clear.
To the Christians, at least.

Masih is the arabic way of saying "Mašíaḥ" (Hebrew)

from wiki:

Masih is the Arabic word for Messiah. In modern Arabic it is used as one of the many titles of Isa (عيسى `Īsā), who is known to Christians as Jesus. Masih is used by Arab Christians as well as Muslims, and is written as Yasu' al-Masih (يسوع المسيح ) or Isa al-Masih.

The word Masih literally means "The anointed one" and in Islam, Isa al-Masih is believed to have been anointed from birth by Alläh with the specific task of being a prophet and a king. The Israelites, to whom Isa was sent, had a traditional practice of anointing their kings with oil. An Imam Bukhari Hadith describes Jesus as having wet hair that looked as if water was dripping from it, possibly meaning he was naturally anointed. Muslims believe that this is just one of the many signs that proves that Jesus is the Messiah.

en.wikipedia.org...

Arab speaking christians also refer to Jesus as the "masih"...because they know how the word is defined. Its only the english speaking christians with an axe to grind with Islam who doubt the meaning of the word.... constantly in denial that Islam too accepts Jesus as the messiah.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
double
(please delete)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join