It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New TV show "Continuum"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

It makes me laugh a little bit because of how dramatic they try and make it look,
at 1:08 I can clearly see where I drank some beers with my buddy not too long ago.

tvguide.ca...

I live in Vancouver, so i'm a little surprised to learn that a new Sci-Fi show is being based here rather then the usual filming here for a Seattle based locale.

What strikes me as odd

In the debut episode, a group of terrorists called Liber8 are scheduled to be executed en masse for planning to overthrow the government.

In Vancouver?

I'm actually really interested to see how this plays out...

The show will switch between 2012 Vancouver and 2077 Vancouver apparently.

Another scene from the show’s opening episode is set-dec rubble meant to be the Georgia Viaduct cratered by an explosion

Too close to home.

The producers aim to sell the city as itself to audiences around the world. National borders are gone and corporations run things in the show’s fictional future.

predictive programming?

The show’s stylish opening episode has Cameron going from the flying cars and Big Brother technology of future Vancouver to today’s Downtown Eastside where the terrorists aim to wreak chaos in a bid to change their future.

Seriously, terrorists in Downtown Eastside??? WTF.

Anyways, it's playing tonight at 9 on Showcase, or the internet if you can find it out there.
edit on 27-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There have been so many great Canadian shows I have watched and loved...I hope I get to see it here in the states....will you check in later with a review?

Thanks!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
the fact I recognize pretty much everything makes it interesting even though most of the scenes would actually be some homeless guy getting arrested instead of some future chick trying to stop future terrorists.

i've gotta say that it's got me hooked. very thought provoking on many levels. I missed the first like 6-7 minutes.
noticed a lot of symbolism within it though..

revolution has been spoken of... alot.
the movement as it was called. led by 'famous' terrorists, who are trying to incite a war in 2012 Vancouver after failing to kill the heads of the major corporations in 2077.
they viciously killed 2 cops and took their police cruiser weapons (MP5, shotgun) after raiding the hunting shop then went on to shoot up the police headquarters where the chief declares war.

the main character, Kiera, has some cyborg interface qualities, shes connected to some system that can record everything, shows her enemies through walls, their heartbeats..
the same mini screen device serves as an arm attachment that can unlock bank codes, create electricity etc...
she can also replay memories on command with a thought

she's able to communicate with a guy named Alek who is working on that very system she uses, in 2012 it's his own encrypted network, in 2077 his logo design he sketched in a notebook is on the side of buildings implying he has developed next gen high tech equipment or something.

the show ends with 'people shouldn't know too much about where they're headed'

this is just off the top of my head, so I would suggest watching it yourself I highly recommend it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Sounds like something I would really love!!!

I am going to keep searching the web....hopefully someone will put it up on youtube!!

Thank you so much for the summary!! I am jealous!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I recommend that everybody watch it. This is brainwashing/propaganda at it's finest. "The terrorists" are those who want freedom and want to overthrow the corporations that rule in 2077. Notice that the 5th amendment no longer exists since they dose you with truth serum.

Here is a link to watch the show

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
I recommend that everybody watch it. This is brainwashing/propaganda at it's finest. "The terrorists" are those who want freedom and want to overthrow the corporations that rule in 2077. Notice that the 5th amendment no longer exists since they dose you with truth serum.

Here is a link to watch the show

I'm glad you noticed it too,
I found myself asking if the show was literally some type of Canadian government propaganda.

but it has American similiarities as well.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Just watched the 1st episode... and really liked many messages they sent about something has to be done in 2012 to stop the corporations to rule and silent everyone in the future.. but..
When they reach the past i thought they had a plan to do it, but the plan is to kill and initiate a war... i was hoping that the message would be "we have to stop them at the present" but instead the argument will lead the viewers to support those who want to let the corporations bail out the countries because those who want freedom are terrorist and ruthless mercenaries... so.. despite many things of this show.. i wont watch a show that "turn things" upside down to sentence revolution and support the power to corporations and banks... Damn... So hard to wake people up.. and with these kind of series it gets even harder

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Looks pretty cool from a purely "popcorn enjoyment" level. Attractive girl, gun, hand to hand combat, sci-fi, and nerdy young tech guy. All the stuff of a good show that will get cancelled after one season.

Was that the kid from Jericho? The kid who ran the super market/trading post with Candice Baley?

You know that no show will ever truly present the agenda of NWO/TPTB/MSM/Dark Government. They are too worried that a true and honest sci-fi show might catch on and people might wake up. The closest we got were shows like X-Files, Jericho, and Survivors etc..

Still, I'd watch Continuum if it were on down here in the US.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Hey it's like I'm a time traveller!

I get to talk with old members messages on an old forum!

FYI - Continuum DID NOT get cancelled after 1 season...

it is the closest television show that mirrors the sentiments of many ATS members re the future.

catch it on Syfy in the US and the UK and Showcase in Canada.

posted on Oct, 19 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

quelmarth

Just watched the 1st episode... and really liked many messages they sent about something has to be done in 2012 to stop the corporations to rule and silent everyone in the future.. but..
When they reach the past i thought they had a plan to do it, but the plan is to kill and initiate a war... i was hoping that the message would be "we have to stop them at the present" but instead the argument will lead the viewers to support those who want to let the corporations bail out the countries because those who want freedom are terrorist and ruthless mercenaries... so.. despite many things of this show.. i wont watch a show that "turn things" upside down to sentence revolution and support the power to corporations and banks... Damn... So hard to wake people up.. and with these kind of series it gets even harder

Glad someone else is noticing this. I started watching the series and was like WTF the corporations run the government and they are supposed to be the good guys? Also That Alek guys dad was talking about how people are becoming more dependent on the government for food and power and Alek is supposed to be a genius but is complaining how self sufficiency is bull#. This show is twisted but still interesting. The revolutionaries are the traitors and a lot of the stuff they say in their little speeches seem to represent the liberty movement and independence. Its like this show is meant to brainwash people into viewing the liberty movement as terrorist. kinda sickening... And they romanticizes the futuristic society that is run by corporations and all big brother like.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I'm into this show but they make you wait way too long in between seasons. I'm waiting and waiting and then I forget what happens in the last season.

top topics

join