It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Is someone reading my inbox?

page: 1
4

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I notice some of my messages in my inbox appear to be read before i even open them (since they are no longer highlighted).

I dont actually think someone is reading my inbox, i was just wondering if this is a known glitch.




posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Is there any one in your house that could be checking out ATS? Change your password



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7
 

It is known that this will happen if the sender re-reads the message before you see it.
Possibly (I suspect) even if the sender returns to their outbox.



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I would only think that those who own the site,can. Another thing you can do,would be change your password,if you are really concerned about it.Personally,i wouldn't care if someone reads mine. I have over 630,so if someone could,I would hope they could delete them also,as it takes so much time to go through them,and do it......



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
Is there any one in your house that could be checking out ATS? Change your password


Pretty unlikely. Like I said, i think it's more likely a glitch than someone actually reading my messages. It's just odd when I have three or four new messages, and one of them is already un-highlighted, as if I've already read it. I've actually missed a few that way in the past, thinking they were old.

Unless its springer, nosing around my inbox (joke!)



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by stanguilles7
 

It is known that this will happen if the sender re-reads the message before you see it.
Possibly (I suspect) even if the sender returns to their outbox.



Hmmm, that seems to make sense to me.

Thanks.



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Its one of those things that happens occasionally...though of course when it first happens we do tend to go with the "Whoa, CIA stealth u2u-reader hack!" ...this is a conspiracy website after all...



However, there's a couple of ways that this can happen:

- As mentioned, if the sender checks it in their own outbox before you open it, it will show up as read in both your and their boxes

- Occasionally, if its a message sent to multiple recipients then as soon as the first person opens it it'll show up as read in everyone elses box who is on that list of recipients

- While the Owners/Admins do have the ability to access u2us, there has to be some pretty strong reasons for doing so. Like if someone is harrasing someone else via u2u and the like...then they might have a look to ascertain what was being said. Owners/Admins aren't in the business of snooping around on people...most of us just aren't that exciting to warrant snooping on anyway...



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by stanguilles7
 

It is known that this will happen if the sender re-reads the message before you see it.


I'm pretty sure this is the reason.

I know it has happened to me.

In fact, I'm almost sure that if you go to your outbox and read a message again...and refresh, it will show as read there also......yes, I tried that just know and that is what happens.



posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Its a funny bug or an intentional bug, either way, it should not happen. One could say that its the first time ive encountered such a bug throughout my years of forum online activity. One should be cautious as to how he or she uses the u2u as its not a private email service that has encryption safety nets.



posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I have also had this occur. I am not concerned about it and do not believe that hacking or unauthorised access of my account is the cause. It is probably a glitch, and since the chances of someone having figured out my password are between slim and absolutely no hope in hell, I am content to carry on as normal.



posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7
 
ive been waiting for this thread to open up for the last 2 mnths,yes,all the time for some reason,coudnt figure it out.



posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by stanguilles7
 
ive been waiting for this thread to open up for the last 2 mnths,yes,all the time for some reason,coudnt figure it out.



That's why you have to write in code. Use metaphors and slang whenever possible.
edit on 28-5-2012 by LilDudeissocool because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien
Its one of those things that happens occasionally...though of course when it first happens we do tend to go with the "Whoa, CIA stealth u2u-reader hack!" ...this is a conspiracy website after all...



However, there's a couple of ways that this can happen:

- As mentioned, if the sender checks it in their own outbox before you open it, it will show up as read in both your and their boxes

- Occasionally, if its a message sent to multiple recipients then as soon as the first person opens it it'll show up as read in everyone elses box who is on that list of recipients

- While the Owners/Admins do have the ability to access u2us, there has to be some pretty strong reasons for doing so. Like if someone is harrasing someone else via u2u and the like...then they might have a look to ascertain what was being said. Owners/Admins aren't in the business of snooping around on people...most of us just aren't that exciting to warrant snooping on anyway...


I always assume the pms on any site I'm on are read.

They are not internal company memos after all that contain proprietary properties, or can cause a breach of decentralizing the spread of previously compartmentalized intellectual properties etc etc etc.

PMs on message boards sites are a product of being casual with a flare of silliness within an R&R environment. If they are not always casual and silly the person writing such pms needs to get a life.



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7
 


For some strange reason I can't access my WINDOWS LIVE MAIL account. This is concerning me, and I do not know why I can't access my mail; unless of course, they are checking to see who is emailing me.

It is weird, as I am on the Care Home computer and I live in the UK. Is it based in America-I got a German connection which was weird.



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7
 


MSN-WINDOWS LIVE says it is due to irregular activity on my account. I do not know what this means. I have no idea.



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7
 


Yes. Yes I am. mmhmm



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7
 


Happened to me before. Maybe you had sensitive data/convos going on in there. Dont know if they were read or just tagged upon entry. Good question s*&f
edit on 5/29/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien A supermod

- While the Owners/Admins do have the ability to access u2us,..


SkepticOverlord
posted on 5/3/2005 @ 21:32
www.abovetopsecret.com...

We don't routinely examine private messages, ever. And only review these messages when given good cause. There is only one person with the ability to provide access to these messages. The ability for admin to review U2U's was removed from the ATS code more than 18 months ago.

The Vagabond
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, the security of private messages is closely guarded by ATS- not even supermods are entrusted with the ability to access them.

Seems it is up the the air as to who can read them...



posted on May, 30 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by alien
 




- While the Owners/Admins do have the ability to access u2us, there has to be some pretty strong reasons for doing so.

Do they notify you before or after they look at some one's U2U's, or just do it like the FBI?

So what you're saying is, there's no private messages in ATS?



new topics

top topics



 
4

log in

join