It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans if the Euro where to collapse are there gonna be European Refugees coming into our shores?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Americans if Europe where to collapse financially are there gonna be European Refugees coming into our shore?

Lately The UK is planning to close down their borders should the Euro Collapse

Here is thread about the UK closing their borders

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What about Americans? Should the Euro collapse would we expect new immigrants coming from Greece and other EU nations that collapsed? What would be the political and social fallout?

I'm writing this post because a thought occured to me that if the displaced Europeans cannot get into the UK they might at least try to get into the US.

edit on 27-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
what makes you think they wouldn't collapse simultaneously?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I rather doubt it. trans-Atlantic fares are not cheap. I can see some upper-crust types packing their boullion and heading to the Americas to ride out the storm. and there aren't a whole lot of opportunities on this side these days.
of course it's always possible some brush fire starts and a bunch of lemmings come over thinking everything will be fine if they can change locales.
good thread anyway. we haven't thought about (western/northern) European immigration since the 1940s.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

My deepest concern is the Europeans resorting to illegal immigration which makes it worse not to mention if refugees from the Yugoslav wars can come here so can the Europeans.
edit on 27-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
what makes you think they wouldn't collapse simultaneously?

Well they will collpase it's just my point is are Europeans coming here when the inevitable come

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
China is look like the best country to escape to these days

One day europe may seek food aid from China lol.

At the moment Greese is about to collapse with Spain not far behind then maby Italy some time later.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoSpace
China is look like the best country to escape to these days

I would only go to China to help in putting an end to their government.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
When the Euro falls, it will be the first Domino in a long line of them. So where do you think people could possibly run to? The dollar is not worth squat and it will collapse as well.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Hi from the great land of Aus (Oz). Dont think that anyone is going to head out the the US of A, they are going under as much as the next European country. What I have seen recently is a rise in requests for immigration to Australia. This is where everyone seems to be heading at the moment. Especially with new mines, Gas and Oil drills going forth. Also with the Aus Gov telling everyone that we have skills shortages, hence why they need more immigrants....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Would Australia experience an influx of immigrants from America should the US collpase

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Good question. You should put it out there to the citizens of the US. I am only reporting on what I am hearing from the European side. Cant say I have heard anything about the US side of things.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The_Seeker

Hmm should the need arise(American btw) I'm one who is thinking of fleeing to Australia.

top topics

join