It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

They Said It Was Impossible: Machines Counting Ballots Mistally Up to 100% Votes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You cannot always believe the primary count totals as we now have another machine (beside Diebold) that has found a serious problem with the ballot counting machines.

"The election board responded, “Impossible.”

The manufacturer, a company called ES&S, responded, “Doubly impossible.”

Election officials theorized that fault rested with ballots that must have gotten wet or warped when left on a radiator. Which was a statement of severe psychological denial, because the same machine had shown the same failures in two elections that used completely different ballots.

The city board ran a test.

The machine passed.

The state Board of Elections then stepped in to investigate. Technicians calibrated the machine and ran ballots through. The device did fine. But later on, after a few hours had passed, it began to fail with an error rate of close to 100%."

Wha I find revolting in the article is this part:

The Brennan Center at NYU Law School brought the obviously impossible discrepancy to the attention of the city Board of Elections.

The board responded, in essence, “Who cares?”

NYDailyNews

Another article:

We Told You So: New Fangled Voting Marchine Screwed Up

And then we have in the BradBlog about the effects these voter counting marchines have had on elections.

"Over ten million voters affected"

The votes of more than ten million voters could be affected by a newly revealed failure in the voting systems set for use in those four states in this year's Presidential election, and in more than 50 different jurisdictions in Wisconsin during next month's historic recall elections

Election Systems & Software, Inc. (ES&S), the largest e-voting machine company in the U.S. and the maker of the paper ballot op-scan tally systems in question, have confirmed that their systems may overheat when used over several hours (for example, during an election!), and that they then may mistally and/or incorrectly discard anywhere from 30% to 70% of votes scanned by the machines

Paper Ballot Op-Scan Systems in FL, WI, NY, OH Confirmed to Overheat, Mistally 70% of Votes

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well as disgusting as this is, I suppose we do need another system to exploit. We are after all living in the post hanging chad era.

We can't have an actual election in this country....................can we?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Diebold is ES&S. They bought Diebold in 2009.

In August 2007 DES rebranded itself as Premier Election Solutions. In 2009 it was sold to a competitor, Election Systems & Software.
WIKII normally won't use wiki as a source but it's nothing more than a quick reference. Point being, Diebold, ES&S it's all the same. It's the same people doing the sames things because they're never held accountable for what they do. You just change the name and the public is usually none the wiser. Business as usual. EDIT: S&F for at least picking up on the bull@#$% being perpetrated on the people.
edit on 27-5-2012 by GD21D because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Just one more way to help them rig an electron. Those are the same type of machines that have been used to read SATs for years. So I now have to ask use how well has it been reading the SATs all these years?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Well isn't that par for the course... Didn't know that.

There is no integrity anywhere

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
By now I have to wonder why we even pretend any of this matters anymore? Someone, somewhere already knows the outcome of the votes that matter. We're only waiting for the exact numbers. There will be drama and tension, and there'll be the usual fretting and handwaving about electronic voting. But, in the end, it'll be purely coincidental if your vote goes where you intended it to go.

Not that I advocate giving up the fight. I'm just saying it's going to be a long one, with a lot of disappointments along the way....
edit on 5/27/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I posted a thread a while back outlining the voting machine scam......
There really is only one New Jersey company supplying machines under several names.....
The company was already convicted in fixing an election.
The possibility that those very machines were used in florida to get Bush elected way back...is a good possibility....
The whole voting machine idea needs to be thrown out, and paper ballots used for the presidential elections....
However the Reps and Dems will probly use the same machines for the primary anyways.....the bastards are insiduous....you stomp them here, they crawl out another crack over there....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
they can build bank machines that don't lose a penny over twentyfour timezones and a bazzillian miles..
and the bank machines give out a written reciept too...

but george soros is going to count the presidential vote in Spain

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
And you can carry this further up the ladder. There is and has been ONLY one accounting firm that keeps the machine codes in their vaults. It's Deloit and Touche.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Well, if this is true, and the machine malfunctions after several hours of being turned on (due to overheating), why doesn't someone with standing get an emergency court order to remove them from any election process? They can't allow these machines to be used in Wisconsin, for example, and would have to come up with a reliable way (i.e. paper ballots) of tabulating the vote. Common sense should take priority in this situation.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Solution. Go full digital and do not have a paper component. Have a voter ID that is anonymous and only known to the voter which they can use to verify their vote online.

This would cost pennies compared to the machines used, and be more reliable, and allow voter verification anonymously.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Monkey Hacks Diebold Voting Machine.

weblogs.asp.net...

something tells me this is not about spreading democracy at home

top topics

join