It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you are going to play golf you have to know the rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
PGA tournament in Fort Worth Texas today. The declared winner got a pass when on the green of the 18th hole after a four day tournament. The declared winner was given a home field advantage of only a one stroke penalty when he putted his last shot from the wrong place. Rule 20.6 calls for a two stoke penalty, in addition he should have made the last shot a second time from the proper spot. His score should be two strokes higher putting him in second place behind the true winner Jason Dufner.

Rule 20-7.c explains this event must be resolved before the player leaves the 18th green

www.usga.org...

Little wonder so many top rated golfers skip the Colonial Invitational.

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I remember one year I was watching a golf tournament with my dad. It was probably 20 years ago, and I don't remember what exact tournament it was, but I'll never forget what happened.

So Craig Stadler had just hit a bad shot and his ball was lying in one of those super deep sand traps. It was laying real close to the wall of the trap that was on the side of the hole.

So In order for Mr. Stadler to address his ball, he had to get right up against that side of the bunker which came up to just below his knees. So since it was lightly raining, what he did was he put a towel down on the wall or ridge, whatever it's called. He put the towel down so that he could put his knee down on the ground there and not get his pants wet and/or muddy. Well he did that, then played the shot, and then finished the hole and the tournament.

There was some guy sitting at home watching this on TV And he decided to call into the PGA and actually got ahold of someone and said that what Stadler did was illegal. You're not allowed to artificially improve your lie or your stance.

I'm not 100% positive, but I believe that Mr. Stadler had won the tournament. But the next day he was disqualified because the PGA agreed with the caller that he had indeed improved his position and since he had signed and turned in his scorecard without counting the penalty stroke that he should have gotten for what he did.

That's not the only time that a viewer had called in and corrected something that the PGA had missed resulting in the disqualification of a player. It hasn't been too long since the PGA made a new policy of not taking calls from viewers because people started calling in all the time with every little detail that THEY thought was against the rules.

That is all.

new topics

join