It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Juveniles or little monsters?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think part of the reason more kids act bad today is partly because of media, but mostly because of the parents. Lot's of people have said that the parents are bad because they let their kids do whatever they want, but I think a big problem is parents don't have time for their kids, because they focus on work, making more money, and focus less on family.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If you blame games and tv and media, you are going to let this happen again and again. If you blame the kid, then this will stop. It is ridiculous some of the things you hear/see. "He committed a crime, sue EA Games for the violent video game the kid played." "He raped and killed 3 people, sue GTA cause you can have sex with a hooker then kill her." "He went on a shooting spree at his school, and killed 13 people. Sue Manson and Doom." OH wait,t hat one actually happened. It is called Columbine.

Damn, I acted up I got the # kicked out of me. Guess what? I don't act up anymore, or if I do I don't get caught. I played GTA original, Doom, Quake, all the good games and guess what? I have never killed anyone, yet. But if you vandalise someone's car or get in a fight, guess what? You get punished, and I don't mean given a time out or some bs like that, I mean punished. "Your hands bleeding yet? No? Well, keep shoveling. Then cut some wood, and when done with that do the dishes, the water will be good for your hands, clean the dried blood off."

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
But it is ridiculous seeing these 7 year old kids playing GTA 3 and Vice City, they are the most vunerable to copy off stuff they see on the TV.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Minime
But it is ridiculous seeing these 7 year old kids playing GTA 3 and Vice City, they are the most vunerable to copy off stuff they see on the TV.

Did you noticed that these things happen more in some places than in others?
Do you think that in those places where these things happen the kids play violent games, and in the places where these things do not occur the kids do not play those games?
Or maybe they watch different TV channels?

I don't know what things are like in other places, but all kids under 10 years old I know can tell the difference between real life and what they see on TV. They know the difference between getting beaten up in a game or in real life.

They may think that they can suspend themselves from a window and not fall because they do not know what strength they need for that, that happened with a girl who lived in my street, but they know that if they fall they die, they only have more confidence that they can get away without nothing bad happening, but they know what the results are if something bad really happens.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
Isn't it ironic that both incidents are in the same city, within a month? Maybe we should ask the question, "What's going on in Milwaukee?" Nothing against Milwaukee, but why are the children and teens making national news for violent acts? The authorities in Milwaukee must be really pleased.

About 30-40 years ago, WI liberalized it's welfare laws to the extent that there was a mass exodus from the south side of Chicago to Milwaukee. Your answer can be found in this interesting but obscure fact.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Both these cases sound like "pack-dog" mentality. Things that maybe they would not be "brave" enough to do on their own, but with the encouragement of other bored low-lifes, like themselves, go ahead and do.

I remember they had a similar group of kids in Las Vegas last year - 313 or something like that. They targeted individuals, the weak and defenseless. Interestingly the parents of these kids have hired the best lawyers and have been defending their kids actions. If the parent has no basic values - it seems pretty evident their child won't either.

Another example of the "its not my fault" generation?

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Great! So all we law-abiding folks have to do is shoot the little buggers dead, then use the same 'hide behind an excuse' tactic that works so well for the little monsters.

posted on Oct, 2 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
About 30-40 years ago, WI liberalized it's welfare laws to the extent that there was a mass exodus from the south side of Chicago to Milwaukee. Your answer can be found in this interesting but obscure fact.

With this fact, there should be something the local authorities can do to pinpoint the reason that parents aren't doing their job. And if parents can't do their job, they don't need any kids.

I was thinking that a law that can find parents liable for their children's actions was a little 'out there'. But with the increase in youth violence, maybe it wouldn't be a bad law.

Don't want your parents to go to jail? You'd better straighten up. I don't like it though, because everyone is responsible for their own actions.

Maybe lock them both up. In a cell together. Away from everyone else. Somebody's going to be ticked!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
That would be great! "You just had to beat that old man didn't you? Well guess what, this time out is going to last both of us 2-5 years. Now how about we talk about punishment?"

But not just the parents, for it is not always the fault of the parents, some kids are just little bastards. The parents could raise them and love them and feed them, but then the kid meets a freind who's parents aren't kind and loving, this influences the good kid, and as someone said, pack mentality.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Dahmer was from Milwaukee too!

I think some are the parents' creations and some are just plain bad.

As for the 76 year old woman.... I don't think it's fair for them to try and put her away, saying she can't care for herself. Maybe she'd be just fine if she didn't have a gang of stains constantly screwing with her. This is the problem I see. Them thinking she can't handle it and not penalizing the punks committing the crimes against her.

I used to live in a highrise complex years ago. I worked nights, so often when I came down late to leave for work, there'd be a whole bunch of these maggots hanging around the lobby by the payphone because they used it to deal drugs. I'd go to my mailbox to get whatever was delivered that day and then move on, often having to one or more of them to get out of my way. My mother (who lived in the same building) was concerned that I'd get hurt. I didn't care. I see too many people on tv trying to "take back the neighborhood". I wasn't going to let mine go in the first place. Instead of running them off, the building management removed all the payphones. So now the rent paying, law abiding residents lost a convenience so that the building management wouldn't have to make security do their job and run these mongrels off. I'm glad that woman stood up and identified the one who did the pushing. I'm glad she said it wasn't the time to fear or back down. THAT'S what will ultimately win this particular battle.... enough of the decent people putting their foot down on the rotten ones.

And this isn't too new.... I remember the "wilding" with that jogger in Central Park years ago. Garbage. I see no use for them in society.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join