It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Protecting the historical record"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I was just watching Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta speaking to ABC.
towards the end of the interview he mentioned something that caught my attention more then anything else.

He said he is in favour of giving information out for "Protecting the historical record"

He then went on to say that when people look back at the decision to kill Bin Laden, that the historical record would look favourably in their regard.

Am I the only person who gets the feeling that by protecting the historical record, they mean literally SCRIPTING it?

controlling the flow of information would literally leave only certain historical points of reference in a way...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I think that's a very valid point. Until now it hadn't occurred to me that Obama will be cited in the history books as the president who killed OBL--even though there's about (in my estimation) about a 90% chance that it's a complete fabrication. That's at least as bad as the old Soviet manipulation of the historical record; in fact, now that I think about it, it's exactly the same.

However, if we're lucky, somewhere along the way someone will finally uncover incontrovertible proof that it never happened that way, and maybe the truth will be known somewhere down the line. Seriously, though, it so burns me up to have it accepted as historical truth until someone can finally disprove it....

ETA: "Protecting the historical record" my aching butt...
edit on 5/27/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join