It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Panetta: U.S. is Ready (military-wise) to Stop Iran...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think there's a possibility that our attention is being purposely diverted to Iran, and it's Syria that the US is going to invade next. The Syrian government already has nuclear weapons, and they're in the middle of battling a massive rebellion uprising. The MSM is pushing out stories detailing terrible human atrocities committed by the Syrian forces. We saw this same tactic before the first Gulf War when that Kuwaiti girl (who turned out to be the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador of the US) testified before Congress that Iraqi soldiers were going into hospitals, throwing newborns out of their incubators, and leaving the babies to die on the floor. The human outrage is compelling and necessary to manipulate the emotions of the public.

Strategically, I think it's plausible that an invasion of Syria would be more advantageous than an invasion of Iran. They are basically surrounded by US installations and allies; Turkey to the north, Iraq to the east, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, and Israel to the south, and the Mediterranean Sea to the west. Syria is also a much smaller nation than Iran, and would likely require much less resources for a swift and successful campaign. I also believe that knocking out Syria would have a tremendous effect on the mindset of the Iranian government, and the moral of its people. As one of its few allies, Iran would be in the position of having to either commit to war against the US, or back off in submission. Either way, the US gets what they want.

Even thinking about Syria's other two allies, Russia and China, an attack on Syria still appears to be advantageous. If they back Syria against the US, that would give Iran enough encouragement to join in, resulting in WWIII; something that neither China, nor Russia wants. China has its sights firmly set on becoming the next global economic powerhouse, and Russia is just getting back on its feet following the collapse of the USSR. Knowing that, I can't imagine that China or Russia would take the chance and honor its military alliance with Syria.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I'm so glad my country is ready for yet another round of the suffering, expense, and reputation-tarnishing shame that charactaizes war for the sake of Israel. Nobody ever said defending Israel would be easy, and simple shoveling of money in their direction isn't going to cut it - We need the US to squander its diminishing reserves of diplomatic respect - to say nothing of the lives of our young men and women. Israel demands the best, and it deserves nothing less. I'm so proud that my taxmoney will go to another war for this fascinating, holy land and its unique, chosen people whose suffering we must be reminded of constantly least we forget the vast historical wrongs done to them that justify current misadventures, however serious. Truly, to be useful in serving Israel with US money and lives of our soldiers is a great honor, and we mustn't complain or criticize least somebody think we are racist. The struggle is a hard one, but knowing we are destroying ourselves to save so worthy and moral a nation as Israel makes this American all warm and fuzzy on Memorial Day, let me tell you. All that blood spilled and still more that needs to be spilled for the defense of our plucky little "friend," brave brave Israel.
:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I coun't agree more. However, I think it's way beyond Israel at this point. I think now it's just driven by the global military-industrial complex, which uses various nations as it sees fit.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
If Americans dont act now, we shall see dead peoples, both sides.
The answer is now lay with Americans public, not the government, not Iran, not Israel, not UN, not NATO, not China, not Russia. Again, only American public can stop this.

So, Americans, you wanna see dead people ?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Who wants to place bets on how long we have before a false-flag attack is blamed on Iran, and we move into war with them?
edit on 28-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Stop Iran? From what? Keeping them from their multi decade plan of the middle east like it was some game of "Risk"?

Look for Afghanistan, then look for Iraq, then look for Iran. You can see that they have been softening the area for 50 years. You think global conquest ended with Columbus?

I think a better analogy for US conduct in the middle east/asia is more like "chess" crossed with "monopoly". Somehow, Washington keeps deploying new tricks to overthrow governments and secure vassal states in the region. The end goal, of course, is the encirclement and check-mate of China and Russia.

Iran was one of the first victims of US aggression in the region when we overthrew their democratically prime minister in 1953. The Iranians reclaimed possession of their country in 1979. And the western propaganda has been a raving, anti-Iran propaganda machine ever since.

Fedgov keeps rattling sabers and claiming they are ready to defeat Iran. The reality might prove different. With the right leadership, plans and materials, there is no reason Iran could not win in any conflict short of nuclear. Even if Iran was nuked, they could still defeat the US with biological, chemical or other technologies.

Little Vietnam kicked the living # out of both the US and France. If an Iranian win would stop Washington's world-wide gangster conduct, it could not happen soon enough.

Much like Iraq could too right? Iran would not last weeks. Unlike Iraq this is a targeted strike to destroy nuclear capabilities, not invade. If you believe 5% of what you said .. just wow.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by Shadow Herder

... And then there will be another reason that someone else is a threat and the west will be at war with them for one reason or another.

Unfortunately there will not be a next time. When the war begins with Iran, China and Russia with their allies will protect Iran. This will be the beginning of the Great War that the world has not seen. Nuclear missiles, cities decimated, thousands of high tech aircraft manned and unmanned zipping the skies like flies. Blood in the streets, no help from anyone or anywhere. This is the final chapter. The beginning of the end but a new beginning for mankind.

China and Russia joining might be a good thing. We would be forgiven all Chinese debt and force them to pay huge reparations, we would lose maybe 6 trillion dollars of debt in a very short time frame. War would be over very quickly as well, US capabilities are so far beyond those of China it's laughable. China would be decimated permanently.

This is why it would never happen.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The United States will prove itself to be run by thugs and pussyfoots if they nuke a country they are trying to tell, can't have a nuclear power plant or weapons...Dirty #in hypocrites...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So they're just waiting on the UN (not congress) to start a war? Interesting.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by ILikeStars
reply to post by Shadow Herder

... And then there will be another reason that someone else is a threat and the west will be at war with them for one reason or another.

Unfortunately there will not be a next time. When the war begins with Iran, China and Russia with their allies will protect Iran. This will be the beginning of the Great War that the world has not seen. Nuclear missiles, cities decimated, thousands of high tech aircraft manned and unmanned zipping the skies like flies. Blood in the streets, no help from anyone or anywhere. This is the final chapter. The beginning of the end but a new beginning for mankind.

China and Russia joining might be a good thing. We would be forgiven all Chinese debt and force them to pay huge reparations, we would lose maybe 6 trillion dollars of debt in a very short time frame. War would be over very quickly as well, US capabilities are so far beyond those of China it's laughable. China would be decimated permanently.

This is why it would never happen.

This is the stupidity and the reason why we're in this situation. Let's risk a nuclear world war and call it a good thing.

God help us.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Panetta is working for Israel:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at what the traitors in the US government are now forcing US taxpayers to do.

I'm embarrassed to say Cantor is from my state of Virginia. With all the trouble and misery we have at home what do they worry about? - Israel! Hey! Let's give them unlimited military and financial support. We'll just add it on to the National debt the public already can't pay.

Why don't we just retire Congress and let the Knesset run the US?

Things have gone way beyond ludicrous, open treason is rewarded and even after a decade of failed militaristic policy they push for more. Unflippingbelievable.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Panetta is working for Israel:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Look at what the traitors in the US government are now forcing US taxpayers to do.

I'm embarrassed to say Cantor is from my state of Virginia. With all the trouble and misery we have at home what do they worry about? - Israel! Hey! Let's give them unlimited military and financial support. We'll just add it on to the National debt the public already can't pay.

Why don't we just retire Congress and let the Knesset run the US?

Things have gone way beyond ludicrous, open treason is rewarded and even after a decade of failed militaristic policy they push for more. Unflippingbelievable.

They're traitors to a foreign nation. Unlimited military and financial support while the American people starve in the street.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
and.............

that is why i say this...again

Again, only American public can stop this. Will the real American stand up ?

You guys are screwed big time because of Israel, And even have sympathizer in this forum. What a LOL.

I wonder how long will the horse notice its load and who is riding and where its heading,
going to war with dead weight is not a good thing.
------------------------------------
On second thought, yeah, why not ? Yeah, lets go to war, those Iran with 2 big nuke power behind them, we can bet they own nukes too! We need to concentrate firepower on the area. Its not safe but with NATO help, we can balance the communism and Islamist jihad in the area.

(I think I will see Americans eating from a food rations and the preppers saying "I told you so"). This is gonna be fun. The stage is being set at home and abroad, financial is scheduled, timing coincides with 2012, hmm what else do I miss,, ?
------------------------------------
Syria will be the stage opening, its not Iran.

Monologue: I think the King who become God anxiously await the time. Not yet dear, as you know it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Why would they nuke them? We have conventional weapons with truly devastating power. Not sure where that reply came from.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jagermeister

There would be no nuclear war since there would be no China or Russia left after. There's a good chance US advanced defensive systems would prevent the level of damage we would inflict.

That alone is why this would be a conventional war. This also highlights why Iran can never have a nuke, and N Korea shouldnt either. They can't be trusted to hold themselves back.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join