It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on Memorial Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yesterday, the radio station KFI in LA did a moving tribute to the injured soldiers that come back with serious injuries. The segment was sponsored by the Fischer House Foundation. It supports the relatives of injured soldiers. Amongst other things they provide housing for the family members, so they can stay close to the hospital where the vets heal.

I was very moved by it until I started to think: Who sent those soldiers in harms way? It was the government. And now when they come back, gravely wounded, the government doesn't really care about their well-being, so a private organisation has to take up the slack for the families involved?

This is just wrong. As long as the warriors are fully functioning they are cared for, but when they become unable to fight due to injuries, the government only offers basic care, but in essence the families are on their own.

While I applaud the effort of the Fischer House foundation, I'm deeply disturbed by the limited care (and care should involve the entire family) that the government displays.

Link: www.fisherhouse.org...

What are your thoughts? Any vets?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I will have to agree with you. I am not sure how much support you or troops will get any more though as many on ATS are anti-troops.

I think a degree of the reason the government treats them this way is that they volunteer. War vets are treated like crap not only by the government who uses them like meat, but by many of their countrymen when they return home.

I am not saying that I agree with the current wars, however the troops are doing a job trying to feed their families.

Raist

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I'm not brave enough to join the military. But I also know that my life has more value than conquering the next hill top, only to give it back to the enemy three months later ...

As you can see I have ambivalent feelings about the military, but the brave injured soldiers AND their families should get world-class treatment from the government. These brave women and men are prepared to die for the country, but the government is not prepared to do the same so to speak. It's an unfair deal when you think about it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A day to remember the young men and women that died protecting the interests of Israel and the Government.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne
reply to post by Raist

It's an unfair deal when you think about it.

I cannot agree more. I feel that this is an understatement.

Troops get treated like garbage by the government. I have heard bad stories from the VA, it seems they really do not care. It seems cheaper if they just let them die than try to help those who were willing to help them.

It is very sad.

Raist

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I didn't want to start a new thread so I will leave this here, just some thoughts on the day and current events. You may agree or disagree, just wanted to share. Stay safe everyone!

Video Links (Sorry There Are So Many) -

How To Create An Angry American
youtu.be...

Popes Butler Arrested Over Vatican Documents Leak
articles.cnn.com...:EUROPE

California FBI Agent Gone Missing
youtu.be...

'Planet X?' Odd Orbits In Solar System May Mean Unseen Object
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Also See -

Secret Rogue Planet Behind Neptune
youtu.be...

Strong Quake Strikes Northern Argentina
www.euronews.com...

'Zombie Apocalypse' Naked Man Eating Victims Face
www.huffingtonpost.com...

On A Side Note Remember This -

CDC Warns Public To Prepare For 'Zombie Apocalypse'
youtu.be...

Surviving 2012 And Planet X - Part 1 / 5
youtu.be...

Surviving 2012 And Planet X - Part 2 / 5
youtu.be...

Surviving 2012 And Planet X - Part 3 / 5
youtu.be...

Surviving 2012 And Planet X - Part 4 / 5
youtu.be...

Surviving 2012 And Planet X - Part 5 / 5
youtu.be...

U.S. Debt Clock
www.usdebtclock.org...

Rest In Peace President John Fitzgerald Kennedy
youtu.be...

DHS Key Words List -

By TheOldGreyWolf58
youtu.be...

By TheSONSOFLIBERTYMC
youtu.be...

The End of America By Naomi Wolf (Lecture)
youtu.be...

Wake Up Call By JohnNada80 (Full Movie)
youtu.be...

Advice From SmokinJoeTrainer (Skip To 11:18)
youtu.be...

Terence McKenna Talks Timewave Zero
youtu.be...

Timewave Zero - The Final Slope
youtu.be...

Video Thumbnail By Deesillustration
www.sl-webs.com...

new topics

top topics

join