It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
the first video is ridiculous and an hour long.
why not give the time stamp where he says kneebearoo is there..

Not that it matters because I can play with photoshop and increase levels and contrast to find Mother Theresa in a hamburger..

b

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

The Maya believe a great change to be brought about though, not the end of the world, but a new beginning, to be interpreted by whomever, your guess is as good as mine as to what they ment

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vancouverite

*Sigh* I'm not in the mood to give my normal spiel so I will simply ask a question. Prove it? Show us the primary source that supports this claim. I'm not saying the Maya predicted the end of the world because they didn't. However they also never said anything about a cosmic reset.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
As an avid amature astronomer... the 32 degree of insanity is a very approprite name.

1. Yes it is NGC 246, no doubt about it. Check out the hubble images....does that look like a planet?
2. Orbiting telescopes DO ACTUALLY take pictures that are rotated at various different angles.

- Proof. If they miraculously had the same CCD orientation it would take large amounts of correcting thrust to maintain for EVERY unique object they imaged. Lucky this guys not working at NASA...

Example: If you are sitting up on your bed and looking at the window...its right side up. If you turn around and lay backwards and dangle your head over the edge of the bed its now UPSIDE DOWN. Shocker.

3. It has been imaged and studied over time so many times it does not have sidereal rate. 5 mins with a telescope would show this joker that NGC 246 is not anyplace close to us.

What a douchbag moron. Seriously tbar is not even debunking him, he is pointing out the ridiculousness of this fools claims.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I trust the ancients who supposedly had no electricity, no car, no heat, no toilet and YET....knew 5000+ years in advance when Venus would transit the Sun.
Now THOSE are the 'scientists' I trust.

Well than...rational, educated thinking does not sound like it is part of your life.

In that case...these thread is useless to me.Can't debate an Id**t...they will just drag you down to their level...not that your an idiot...but I could be wrong...

Are you kidding. That IS rational thinking. A civilization that knew so much that we didn't even know until just last century? And today's modern scientists either ignoring them (since they have no clue what to say) or explaining it away with a theory that uses a lot of big words, but is actually ridiculous. The problem with scientists today is that NONE of them are willing to revise what they already think they know. If something shows them evidence that their methods can't explain, or suggests that they re-think their methods, that something is heaved to the trash heap

Ancient history I find particularly hilarious. It seems like every other year, there's evidence that all their notions of when civilization started, and what happened in the past are relegated to meaningless, yet they pay no mind and continue on blindly - literally.

THAT does not sound at all like rational thinking to me.

Not that I think Niburu exists by the way.
edit on 28-5-2012 by thebtheb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

No one knows jack squat about astronomy. Science only THINKS they do! Just ask a quantum physicist!

So in your opinion, ancient civilizations knew more about astronomy than they do today?

You truly are deluded.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
OP, do you believe in gravity?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

It's a rather simple answer...."Nibiru" is fiction.

Nibiru is not Fiction.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

It's amazing how basic astronomy doesn't exist to these Nibiru people....let it die already guys, it's phony, nothing will happen

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Nibiru is not Fiction.

Then, I take it, you subscribe to the mistaken "belief" that the rantings of Zechariah Sitchen are correct? His claims that this fictional "Nibiru" will come and wreak havok on Earth in December, 2012?

Even though every true scholar of the Maya, and their culture.....and every true scholar of the ancient Sumerians do NOT support Sitchen, and his ridiculous interpretations? Are you aware that Sitchen is the "sole" originator of these nonsense claims, and that all the rest of the ones who claim to be "authoritative" on the topic, who post and blog and otherwise proclaim are merely riding his coat-tails, and are as sadly ignorant as he?

Well......It is late May, 2012. A mere seven months from now the reality will become apparent to the 'former' (because, by January 2013, the "Sitchen adherents" will feel foolish, and will be 'former adherents').

THAT is a 'prediction' you can bet on!

edit on 29-5-2012 by PluPerfect because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Im going to play devils advocate here

Why do you think Nibiru does not exist?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

It's called vibrational harmonics...It doesn't have to do with 'gravity'....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Sorry, but that is so amusing.....I realize you were responding to another member, but.....I cannot wait for that member's reply, I must ask:

"harmonics"??

Please describe, in scientific detail, the 'mechanism' of these "harmonics"....AND, how such "harmonics" are 'transmitted' (or otherwise conveyed) through the vacuum of space.

Thanks, in advance.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Its supposedly coming from near the sun, so is normally lost in the Sun's glare. If you are using the argument that there is nothing in the night sky, then you are not paying attention to what is said about it. If you would kindly take your handycam and film the Sun during the day, rotating it while doing so(move the camera to different orientations re the Sun, to rule out lens flare), then let us know if it shows any orbs near the sun I would like to know if using either colored cellophane or floppy disk insert or VCR tape(the supposed methods of making your own Filter for Red for this) is showing clouds etc as a blob/orb. I have seen these orbs myself, but as I said I only have a simple camera. If you would do this, it may help with the controversy.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
This is a request to anyone else too, who is willing. What is the harm in trying this for us, if there is nothing there, then you can say so. But if there is something there, then we can discuss it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect

Even though every true scholar of the Maya, and their culture.....

Scholar of the Maya?

I find it amazing to hear any side of this debate, discussing the Mayans ...

When I watch the Internet, I see people showing the Giza align with some major stars. I see them talk about mathematically calculated pyramids ... and it just goes on and on from there.

Who on earth says they were using math? Who on earth says, whatever "sculpture" people have found ... is actually a picture of someone in a space ship? That's just Eric von Dänikens interpretation of that Image. And who says, that whatever the mayans did is a calendar that predicts anything?

The debate around interpretations of ancient works, wether Mayan or the Bible, is preposterous.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Human_Alien

Guaranteed that in 100 years, science will have had it all wrong.

Care to give us an example of science getting it all wrong?

Yes. Gravity is now suspected to be much faster than the speed of light. Just one example. There are many other examples on this website:

metaresearch.org...

And in fact the first paragraph completely contradicts many of your statements that our scientists and astronomers have everything under control:

"Something has gone wrong in the field of astronomy. Many widely held beliefs fly in the face of observational evidence. Theories go through such contortions to resolve inconsistencies that the ideas can no longer be explained in simple language. Alternative ideas are often rejected out of hand simply because they challenge the status quo. The result... many of today's theories are unnecessarily complex."

And this is coming from actual scientists who are recognized in the field of astronomy, not opinions of anonymous posters who for all we know could be overzealous 15 yr olds.

You keep quoting Metaresearch.org,

You do realize that they are only theoretical ideas, and ONLY that listed on that site, don't you?

Quoting something from them does not prove established things wrong. It only shows that there may (or may not) be an alternate theory. So using it as your bible is not going to help you very much. Most of the things listed there are highly theoretical, some to the point that they can't even be proven.

I keep quoting them? Please keep your facts straight, this is the first time I referenced them.

My point was, the founder of Meta Research has a PhD in astronomy and is a recognized name in the field of astronomy, as opposed to people here who for all we know haven't even graduated from high school yet - and these anonymous posters act like we should take their theories as gospel. I'll listen to the PhD thanks.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Human_Alien

Guaranteed that in 100 years, science will have had it all wrong.

Care to give us an example of science getting it all wrong?

Yes. Gravity is now suspected to be much faster than the speed of light. Just one example. There are many other examples on this website:

metaresearch.org...

And in fact the first paragraph completely contradicts many of your statements that our scientists and astronomers have everything under control:

"Something has gone wrong in the field of astronomy. Many widely held beliefs fly in the face of observational evidence. Theories go through such contortions to resolve inconsistencies that the ideas can no longer be explained in simple language. Alternative ideas are often rejected out of hand simply because they challenge the status quo. The result... many of today's theories are unnecessarily complex."

And this is coming from actual scientists who are recognized in the field of astronomy, not opinions of anonymous posters who for all we know could be overzealous 15 yr olds.

You keep quoting Metaresearch.org,

You do realize that they are only theoretical ideas, and ONLY that listed on that site, don't you?

Quoting something from them does not prove established things wrong. It only shows that there may (or may not) be an alternate theory. So using it as your bible is not going to help you very much. Most of the things listed there are highly theoretical, some to the point that they can't even be proven.

I keep quoting them? Please keep your facts straight, this is the first time I referenced them.

My point was, the founder of Meta Research has a PhD in astronomy and is a recognized name in the field of astronomy, as opposed to people here who for all we know haven't even graduated from high school yet - and these anonymous posters act like we should take their theories as gospel. I'll listen to the PhD thanks.

That's just it: You are SELECTIVELY listening to what PhD's you want to hear.

And while you can point out that some posters here may not have graduated from high school yet, there are many that may also hold a PhD.

Tit for tat.

Oh, and by the way. Most of us are not quoting theories. Orbital Mechanics is a fact. Even the PhD's over at Metaresearch will tell you that.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Can I ask a few questions, just to basically ascertain the state of 'Nibiruism' at the moment.

1. Why are we talking about ancient civilisations?

I know that many had pretty slick knowledge of astronomy, i.e Maya with their eclipse predictions or planetary movements or the Dogon tribe with their knowledge of Sirius being binary (tertiary?) but what has any of this got to do with Nibiru? As far as I knew the only link to Nibiru from the ancients is one questionably translated seal of the Sumerians, and that basically a leap of logic from a drawing of some stars to Nibiru was made.

2. Does the below statement sum up Nibiru theory as it stands now? As in if someone came to me and said they'd never heard of the theory, would this be a good one line introduction?

Either a star or planet, which is invisible in the visible light spectrum and is in a highly elliptical orbit around our sun, passes by the earth every 3600 years and wreaks havoc when it does.

3. When science is thrown at Nibiru theory to debunk the above statement (as per my post a few pages back, and those of many others) is the default response of believers to say that because science doesn't know absolutely everything, Nibiru must exist no matter how well Keplers laws of planetary motion have held up for every object we have ever observed, same for laws of gravitiation etc.

4. What do believers make of Nancy Lieder, and her claims in the late 90s that Nibiru would definitely pass by in 2003? What do they make of the source of her 'information', that being that it was channelled from aliens? and of her claims that it will pass in 2012 now?

5. If you are a believer, what have you seen/read/experienced that leads you to believe Nibiru exists? or are you just coming from the position that you don't know it exists but to you it's not impossible?
edit on 29-5-2012 by Vasteel because: Added question 5

edit on 29-5-2012 by Vasteel because: spelling

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Yes, it's true.. I love how folks latch into the very VERY few scientists who have a theory that even sort of scrapes by their belief system like they are the next Einstein, but if 3 dozen OTHER scientists refute that one, they are ALL quacks.

Also, the images the guy in the video came up with made me laugh pretty hard. An eagle? And then.. a monster coming up to eat it? SERIOUSLY? And you BELIEVE this guy

If he was going to do that, there are actually some really amazingly shaped nebulae out there - like a bright white "hand" reaching for a red nebula. It's actually quite cool - instead of saying a blob is an eagle, and another blob is a monster. That's.. funny stuff there.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join