It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Char-Lee

The possibility of something that passes us on a regular route and perturbs our planetary system is not a stupid idea.

Not stupid, but not possible. Celestial mechanics has shown that you cannot have a planet with a highly eccentric orbit that has a regular orbit. The problem is that there is a transfer of momentum as the planet swings by the Sun. That causes the orbit to be irregular.

Also we must keep in mind all the experts out there regularly caught by surprise when an object skims by our planet or sun and they were unaware that it was incoming.

There are small objects such as comets. No scientists are surprised to see a new comet. Smaller rocks whizzing by our planet is normal.

All those who get scared and all those who regularly yell Fear Mongering, make the information impossible to be shared since clearly the herd needs to be kept from stampeding!

That's false. If there were a planet sized object we'd detect it long before it came close. The reason people say don't worry about an incoming planet is simple - it isn't there.

Sedna's exceptionally long and elongated orbit, taking approximately 11,400 years to complete, and distant point of closest approach to the Sun, at 76 AU, have led to much speculation as to its origin.
en.wikipedia.org...
We find new things and then we change what we believe is possible as we have to add this new information.
I find it very odd when people use the word "impossible" after all we have seen become possible.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by Argyll

I believe there is.

And to every piece that you research saying it isn't real, I'll show you a paper/study showing it is. So it all depends where you shop for your information!

I am NOT going by NASA or anything circa 2000 or later.
This world works on agendas now. So I am going back in time when agendas were hardly a concern let alone, a word!
Robert Harrington comes to mind and he was modern. 1989 I do believe.

Say, what's 'lurking at the outer edges of our solar system' then? Oh never mind. I forgot where you do your shopping.

Thanks for your opinion just the same. I think you're wrong but thanks!

Show a paper/study that has been peer reviewed by people that actually have some education to back up their claim..... all of a sudden that paper just seems to float away doesn't it. You won't believe NASA because they don't say what you want you to say, when will you stop beating this dead horse?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Why would we KNOW any new planet would NEVER enter the orbits of known planets? There are long term bodies previously unknown surely they can come in any size. it could explain the rubble which may be destroyed planet or planets in our neighborhood.

Celestial mechanics makes it impossible for a planet to have a regular orbit that is highly eccentric.

What rubble are you talking about?

The Exploded Planet Hypothesis
www.metaresearch.org...

There are many oddities to explain out there we do not know it all....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Hiya,

I don't think anyone is disagreeing that they find new objects in space all the time, just that there cannot be an object that exhibits ALL of these qualities:

1, Is Jupiter sized or bigger.
2, Has a highly elliptical orbit around the sun which goes from inner planets area to beyond Pluto.
3, Has a period of 3600 years.

I an NOT arguing that there is no binary companion to the sun, nor that there is one for that matter. Neither am I arguing that there are no undiscovered large bodies out there in the Kuiper belt on roughly circular orbits.

Just that there is nothing that fits the three points I mentioned.

I may be wrong, I sometimes am

edit on 28-5-2012 by Vasteel because: spelling

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I find it very interesting and amazing what this guy is finding and figuring out.. debunkers are debunkers.. always will be rational small mind people trying to understand the universe and everything in it with a judgmental point of view.. thats fine.

But this is the best explanation and theory Ive read or heard about in relation to the famous Nibiru thing! Hiding rogue in Nebulas is pretty genious.. but what would the occupants of this space-vessel be hiding from (presuming you have an open mind that is) ??

If its humans and Earth they hiding from that is very strange to even think about; humans are dumb, have no-great technology, not even an advantage when it coems to space technology.. The collective human mind is very ignorant and blind.. so why hide ?? If it would be these beings who have manipulated the beings of planet Earth for eons.. its pretty pathetic and weak to hide around in the cosmos playing cat and mouse against our un-developed technology.. Maybe its something on Earth that they can not conform too ? THe enviroment is too alien to them, they cant be here for long, also the Sun could be a threat to their health... so many wonders, so many ideas... I hate being in the dark about the truth.. time will tell i suppose

For the YT guy, amazing job, I hope he keeeps it up, he might find the holy grail we've been looking for.. OP, thanks for sharing this

~ Love is an art

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

My thoughts on the Nibiru theory (in its most commonly expressed form) are in the post above yours.

But let me play with the idea in your post a little.
If there were aliens hiding in some way from us in space then I agree that it wouldn't possibly be because they are afraid of our technology, or us, in any way whatsoever.

The only reason I think they would hide is if they just didn't want us to know they were there.

P.S - Don't see how this line of thought is connected to the thread though, unless we are seeing Nibiru as some kind of ship rather than a body.

edit on 28-5-2012 by Vasteel because: clarity

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ok, with reference to the 32 degrees of Insanity video in the OP...

What is he trying to say in the section between (approx) the 14-18 minute marks?

He goes into some image manipulation software, makes the images negative, alters the contrast, inverts them again to normal color, applies sharpen and then starts calling out things like how one part of a nebula now looks like an eagle or a fish and that "you are being lied to".

Why?

Is he doing it as just a kinda "hey guys this is an interesting thing" exercise or does he believe that there is some significance to the process? It comes off like watching someone who is hard of thinking let loose on a computer.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Just curious as to when you are going to change your signature footer? Not to detract from the topic, but its time to put the Ron Paul '12 to rest. Dontcha think partner?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why do you keep saying OP, that it's now a proven fact there is another planet? If you'd like to point to proof greater than a random speculation by a scientist, whom many others said needs to provide a LOT more proof before they accept it, I'd be happy to see it. It's news to me that an additional planet has been proven as fact! Amazing news if that's true.

Also, I find it a bit hilarious that you believe ancient civilizations, and not current science. So, you think that the moon, sun, and stars are gods? Huh.. that's also news to me. The things I learn here!

p.s. listening to this guy is like listening to the worst brand of pseudo-science - I'm amazed anyone can listen to this and take it seriously. Goes to show you - if someone wants to believe in something bad enough, they will believe anything you throw at them.
edit on 28-5-2012 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Let's start actually learning some Astronomy for a change instead of believing and eating up what someone posts on YouTube, ESPECIALLY this guy from 32 degrees, and it's VERY OBVIOUS that he has NO CLUE about astronomy. He knows how to play with Photoshop.........and I'm not very impressed.

I do realize that not everyone may have a clue about astronomy, and that's fine. But if you do start taking a interest, ESPECIALLY when you have people posting the things they post on YouTube, I would highly recommend that you get yourself educated in this field.

Because if you don't.....well gee, I've got a bridge up in New York I'd just LOVE to sell to you, cheap!

1) The IR image appears upside down as compared to other images like in the wiki.

Uhm....who cares? Oh wait, he's trying to say you are being lied to because of that. I have news for all of you, that you can verify with your own eyes. As objects move across the sky while the Earth rotates, it will cause them to appear at different angles. The moon is a great example of that. When it rises in the east, half full, we see the lit side facing up. As it sets in the west, guess what? The lit side looks like it's facing down.

You don't have to take my word for it. Go out and look. You can google pictures of the nebula too in the link below:

NGC-246 Pictures

2) Is it Nebula or Niburu?

It's a nebula. It is way too big to be a planet. It's up to 3 light years in diameter. Even stars do not get that big. Nebula on the other hand can be, or much bigger, as they are gasses spread out over vast distances.

3) How do you know it's that big?

Simple. First we need to know how far away it is. We find that out by using Stellar Parallax.
We've been using this method for hundreds of years. You can use it too, no need to take my word for it.

NGC-246 is over 2,000 light years away. Light takes 2,000 years from it to get here.

Once we have an object's distance, we then take a look at it again, and ask: "How much of the sky does it take up in Degrees, Minutes, and Seconds?"
NGC-246 takes up 3.8' of the night sky (that's 3.8 arc minutes.
Compare that to the moon, which can take up to 34.1' arc minutes.

Knowing the distance, and now the arc minutes it takes up in the sky, tells us how big it is. Again, you don't have to take my word for it, you can do all the observations and math yourself if you don't believe me or anyone else.

4) So what does that mean?

It means, that it's a nebula, not a planet. It's way too big to be a planet, or a alien ship for that matter. I don't care how advanced you are, you don't build ships that would be the size of the distance from here to Alpha Centauri.

If it were a planet, it's 2,000 light years away, and even if it could travel at 99.99% of the speed of light, it would take 2,000 years to get here, but again, it's NOT a planet.

Last but not least: there is NO WAY you could directly observe a planet that far away with the technology we currently have. Even if it was 10 times the size of Jupiter. It would have to be discovered using one of the methods we use for finding exo planets (wobbling parent star, and occluding light from that star).

Doesn't mater how good you are at Photoshop, planets are just too darn small to see from that far away.

This guy on that show is preying on those of you that do not know anything about astronomy.....that or he's that ignorant about it too, which is both sad and upsetting, because he's speaking to an audience like he's an authority on the subject, when in reality he hasn't a freaking clue about astronomy.....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
It's just hilarious, to me.

To have someone actually try to convince everyone that a nebula that was discovered in 1785 is actually a killer planet.. and people BUY IT.. boggles my mind beyond belief. If you knew jack squat about astronomy, you'd know full well that yes, this is a nebula. Inverting colors back and forth, changing brightness and all the rest doesn't make it a killer planet, I'm sorry to tell you.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Sumarians did not call planet x NIBIRU,

Marduk is they name the used for niburu.

And that was my 2 cents, And im out!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Haites

The name Marduk is actually Babylonian in origin. In terms of astronomy it was the name for Jupiter. Nibiru on the other hand was not the name of a planet. In Akkadian it simply referred to a point of crossing, such as one would find at a river. In Babylonian it would refer to the highest point of the ecliptic. Occasionally it would refer to a planet that was in this position. From the artifacts we have recovered this was most common in the case of Mercury and Jupiter.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
First of all, it cannot even be agreed upon whether Planet X is a planet or a star. I think most people thought it was a planet, but since many stars in the galaxy have companions, people started saying it was a companion to our sun. Both of these would cause deviations in the orbits of all bodies in our solar system to some degree, and we don't see those deviations.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Posting for later. No time to watch right now.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
First of all, it cannot even be agreed upon whether Planet X is a planet or a star. I think most people thought it was a planet, but since many stars in the galaxy have companions, people started saying it was a companion to our sun. Both of these would cause deviations in the orbits of all bodies in our solar system to some degree, and we don't see those deviations.

You're right but that's due to all the rumors and confusion the past several decades.
Planet X is the modern name for the ancient planet called Nibiru.
But it's believe it a rogue star like (I believe) Jupiter actually is.
So it sounds like its a bit of both. It's a planet and a star. Just like (I believe) Jupiter is.

Obviously no one knows but on the other hand, sure seems a lot of people 'know' it's not out there though. Interesting paradox, huh?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit
It's just hilarious, to me.

To have someone actually try to convince everyone that a nebula that was discovered in 1785 is actually a killer planet.. and people BUY IT.. boggles my mind beyond belief. If you knew jack squat about astronomy, you'd know full well that yes, this is a nebula. Inverting colors back and forth, changing brightness and all the rest doesn't make it a killer planet, I'm sorry to tell you.

No one knows jack squat about astronomy. Science only THINKS they do! Just ask a quantum physicist!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

This is not scientifically accurate.....such a "belief" is factually incorrect:

....... believe it a rogue star like (I believe) Jupiter actually is.
.......... It's a planet and a star. Just like (I believe) Jupiter is.

Jupiter is most certainly not a star!

And, there is no such thing as a "rogue star" within our Galaxy, another galaxy, or other group of stars. The sole (astronomy) definition of a "rogue star" is when a star happens to exit a galaxy or other star cluster and "go it alone" in inter-galactic space. Based on our (the Earth's, and Solar System's) current location within our "Milky Way" Galaxy, any such "rogue" that may or may not exist outside the Galaxy would be hundreds, if not thousands of light-years away, at minimum.....certainly would be no influence on Earth in my, or your, or anyone else alive today lifetimes!

Back to Jupiter.....by no stretch of any definition can it be considered a "star". Any first-level Astronomy student could affirm this fact.....heck, even a grade-school science class curriculum worth its salt will as well.

There is a well-defined minimum mass required to define the smallest of stars....this can be easily researched, by utilizing an Internet connection, a computer and a keyboard, and an Internet Search Engine utility, such as 'Google' or 'Bing', etc..........

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

The term Planet X was created by Percival Lowell in the first decade of the 20th century. It referred to a trans-Neptunian object that caused perturbations in the the orbits of the gas giants. With Voyager 2's fly-by of Neptune masses were recalculated and the perturbations disappeared. This ended the need for Planet X. Then in the 90s Nancy Lieder reappropriated the term to be synonymous with Nibiru. Of course all of her predictions have failed and Sitchin even wrote a book whose sole purpose was to say that Lieder's 2012 claim was way off base. Sitchin claimed that Nibiru would return around 2900. Of course this claim completely destroys Sitchin's claims as 3,600 years before 2900 is 700 BCE. We have many historical records from this time period and none mention Nibiru.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

This is also completely wrong:

No one knows jack squat about astronomy.

I'd suggest taking some time to actually study the science of Astronomy, and get involved in order to better comprehend it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join