It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
There is so much we are learning and have yet to learn, like dark matter for instance. Just watched a seminar on black holes and dark matter. It seems its possible for an object to be out there not emmiting light.... Especially if it were dark but we would feel the effects if said object made it into our neck of the woods.

Time will tell all though, this is the only thing I know for sure...

When it comes to science, as you are suggesting, the best way to learn is to have an open mind. And yes, as you suggest but many here seem to disagree with, we have much to learn.

After all, is hasn't even yet been 200 years since the industrial revolution - and we know it all now?

Science is advanced by examining anomalies, observations that don't fit into pre-existing theories, like the 188 day earthquake cycle - completely unable to be explained by what we previously knew of earthquakes or plate tectonics, but easily explained by the 188 day alignment with a new heavy mass object in our solar system.

Not to mention all the other earth changes - here is a list of a multitude of recent sinkholes - about 3 standard deviations from what you would expect from normal, and the sinking of a Caribbean island:

poleshift.ning.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PlanetXisHERE

The 188 day theory is complete bunk. Every time there is another major earthquake you have people like Terral claiming it fits the 188 day model even if the last time he claimed this was less than a month ago. There's also the fact that if these were somehow caused by "alignments" they wouldn't be occurring on a regular schedule as the object that would be causing them should be getting closer.

I would also like to ask how another object in the solar system is capable of causing sinkholes. I'm not looking for the usual cop out answers of gravity or magnetic field. I want the actual mechanics of how these forces cause sinkholes.

Finally, while we don't know everything there is to know about the universe that is not evidence of Planet X or Nibiru. To suggest otherwise is to commit the logical fallacy known as argument from ignorance.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The 188 day theory is complete bunk. Every time there is another major earthquake you have people like Terral claiming it fits the 188 day model even if the last time he claimed this was less than a month ago. There's also the fact that if these were somehow caused by "alignments" they wouldn't be occurring on a regular schedule as the object that would be causing them should be getting closer.

I would also like to ask how another object in the solar system is capable of causing sinkholes. I'm not looking for the usual cop out answers of gravity or magnetic field. I want the actual mechanics of how these forces cause sinkholes.

Finally, while we don't know everything there is to know about the universe that is not evidence of Planet X or Nibiru. To suggest otherwise is to commit the logical fallacy known as argument from ignorance.

Please enlighten me as to why the 188 day theory is bunk.

There weren't major 7.0+ earthquakes close to 188 days apart?

7.0 + earthquakes are not rare?

A difference of 188 has mathematically changed?

The last prediction was for March 22nd, and there was the 7.9 as reported by many stations by downgraded by the minions the USGS on March 20th, I think that is a pretty close prediction when scientists have been saying for year earthquakes are impossible to predict, even though some foreshocks/quakes have predicted some earthquakes many foreshocks have preceded no activity and many large quakes had no foreshocks.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
reply to post by Human_Alien

Uneducated morons heard that some scholar read something in ancient tablets of some ancient people...and it became their new kook theory.

Yes people seem to pull these types of conspiracies out of their butt...so is this real...ummm nope.

It is a good thing the world is not full of these types of people...imagine the chaos these idiots would be causing...
. The rational, educated people who have degrees in this type of field are a little more believable than some blogger, youtuber or nutbar.

edit on 27-5-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

Well how about looking past all that. Just focus on the many scientists who are and have previously believed there may be a binary star out there and perhaps with planets, that is not without reason and is still believed possible by some every good scientists and still being looked into.

The possibility of something that passes us on a regular route and perturbs our planetary system is not a stupid idea.

Also we must keep in mind all the experts out there regularly caught by surprise when an object skims by our planet or sun and they were unaware that it was incoming.

Personally I think fear is what keeps people from contemplating the possibility that we have something that passes this way and causes our planet trouble on a regular orbit. If people would stop being afraid more discussions could be had and the truth would regularly be shared by those who have more information.

All those who get scared and all those who regularly yell Fear Mongering, make the information impossible to be shared since clearly the herd needs to be kept from stampeding!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PluPerfect

It's a rather simple answer...."Nibiru" is fiction.

We, the lay-person, who don't have the equipment or knowledge of the cosmos to decipher between a nebulae from a rogue planet

Even a lay-person can do the research, and find the differences......and, with the financial wherewithal, buy their own personal telescope, and take some classes at Univ. or local College on Astronomy....or, read up about it at the local library, for free. Alternatively, short of buying one's own (admittedly not a cheap hobby) telescope, one could seek out a local-area astronomy club of amateur enthusiasts, who might be willing to lend their own personal knowledge and experience to a lay-person, when asked.

And, the definition of a 'nebula". Most who have even the most vague understanding of the Cosmos don't need to look up the definition (because there is no similarity to a nebula and a "rogue" planet), but here's the definition anyway, for anyone else (I presume the definition of "planet" is not necessary?):

Types of Nebulae

Originally, the word "nebula" referred to almost any extended astronomical object (other than planets and comets). The etymological root of "nebula" means "cloud".

And skipping in the "Intro":

More strictly speaking, the word "nebula" should be reserved for gas and dust clouds and not for groups of stars.

Therefore, it is rather obvious that the term "nebula" can never be applied to a planet, of any sort......whether fictional (like "Nibiru") or real......

I think he is saying that a planet or a system with planets could be hidden BY a nebula (dust clouds) or hidden purposely by a deliberately concentrated false nebula.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Its out of the question that it might be Nibiru because Nibiru doesnt exist.
The end of the year is only 7 months away. How fast is this thing going because it took Galileo about six years to get from here to around Saturn.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Not only does astrophysics discount the possibility of Nibiru but we can also look at historical records. China has a continuous recorded history going back 4,000 years. If this planet returns every 3,600 years it should appear at least once in Chinese history. It doesn't. Now I'm not discounting the possibility of a possible companion star or another large planet in our solar system. What I'm discounting is Sitchin's Nibiru and Lieder's Planet X as they completely fly in the face of physics and history.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There are earthquakes everyday thats the only reason why the 188 day cycle works. Otherwise, sorry.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

ok..

- Brown dwarfs fuse deuterium, which heats them up and everything heated emits infra-red light -

- Small brown dwarfs may be cold enough to emit mostly infra-red light;
- A small, cool brown dwarf will be fainter in the visible spectrum and brighter in the infra-red spectrum.
- That doesn't mean that brown dwarfs are "invisible", though. A brown dwarf is at least the size of Jupiter or larger and will reflect light in the same way.
- If one was close to our Solar System (or in it, as some claim), it would look like Jupiter at the same distance due to reflected sunlight.

A brown dwarf inside the orbit of Jupiter would be as bright as or brighter than Jupiter in the night sky. (And Jupiter is one of the brightest objects in the night sky after the Moon, Venus and the International Space Station.)

RWiki

It may not always emit light but be reflective, similar to Jupiter but relatively closer.

But what if this object was between us and the sun? This object being much closer to the sun though.

What happens with the Moon comes between the Earth the sun?

All we see is dark black circle because there is no reflective light or emission from the Moon. So then if there were an object between us the Sun.. a big if, but still worth considering.

The object would appear as a dark circle near the sun, smaller relative to us due to the distance.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Hey no problem mate!

So let me get this straight, you believe that a hitherto "undiscovered" planet is lurking on the fringes of our solar system, and will appear at some point this year.....yes?

One question Human_Alien......will you be posting circa January 2013........and admitting the error of your ways?.......or can we expect the goal posts to be moved?

Yes that can happen, new things CAN be found. Take a look at 1998 WW31.Discovery date 18 November 1998

"1998 WW31 forms a binary system with another object with the IAU provisional designation S/2000 (1998 WW31) 1: the first trans-Neptunian binary to be discovered since Pluto, and one of the most symmetrical binaries known in the Solar System. "
en.wikipedia.org...

Observations.. pdssbn.astro.umd.edu...

Surprisingly new stuff just keeps being found out in that little dark space around us!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Pretty close is not good enough. For this to be scientific it would need to be exact. Exact in time and magnatude. Not pretty close. Not 178 days not a 6.9 but exactly 188 days and always over 7.0 but it doesnt happen.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
Also, as I said before, watch how many debunkers these threads draw out - they claim to want to fight ignorance, which is a noble cause, but few use worthy arguments - and most of these debunkers ignore the multitude of other "way out there" threads.

Ya know what? I think they're scared. Scared of the implications and possible ramifications this might have to our history.

This 'idea' of a tenth planet is a given now. It's not a myth. It's not a conspiracy. It's not an alien wish-list item. It's real. What else needs to be done?

Now whether or not the YT dude found it, I don't know. That's what this thread is about. Not whether or not it exist. Well, I guess in part it is about that but could some of you TRY (force yourself) to nix the name calling.

I think it is the fear factor of the name PLANET X!!! Lol, like sci-fish going to smack us is all they can think when they hear this.

In actuality scientists have used the name Planet X, Tyche and Nibiru while contemplating and looking for an unknown planet it should not be so scary to everyone...they assume it means the death of our planet, which I can see no reason to believe. That does not mean it does not exist.

Instead of calling it fear mongering or saying stupid stuff like it is IMPOSSIBLE for there to be such a planet or binary system...why not talk about why we should not fear this unknown.

If it is there, It has probably passed by many times and like all the regular asteroids, either something has protected us, our suns deflection or god whatever...there is no reason to get so scared anymore then when we know a major comet is returning.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

So why don't YOU tell ME when the next solar eclipse will be without looking it up! What?...you can't? Why not? Same difference!!! Doesn't mean it won't happen.

Okay....I can't without looking it up....there you go!

But it will happen and we both know that.

The reason I keep bringing the date up is because it is widely believed (by some people) that this "mysterious" planet is approaching us, and it is this story that has spawned the majority of the "2012 doomsday" fantasies.....and we both know that as well!

My question was aimed at another member though......and I'll wait for his/her reply

There are many ancient societies that were able to predict the arrival of known comets, even though their passages were a long long time between. it is not impossible that an ancient society also is able to have a record of a larger object that does pass us and causes some problems like sea level rise and earthquakes.

The important thing to remember here is none of them predicted the total doom of the planet nor and end to all civilization. Instead of getting scared why not get excited that there MAY be a known recorded passage that is coming up soon, yes it may cause problems but then again we never know if a large asteroid will do the same at anytime.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

They wouldn't be conjecturing unless there was something to conjecture.

Wrong. Astronomers looking over data see something they wonder about and then come up with a hypothesis as to its cause. Sometimes that hypothesis includes a new larger mass in the solar system. In one case they thought e
We have all seen that despite the overwhelming evidence against Nibiru you continue to believe in it.

A tenth (ninth) planet is not a conspiracy so not sure why many take on a rejection-able attitude.

There have been a lot of 10th planet proposals. What we do know is that any new planet must be very far out there and never enter the orbits of the known planets. Sure it might exist. Then again it will be very far out there.

Why would we KNOW any new planet would NEVER enter the orbits of known planets? There are long term bodies previously unknown surely they can come in any size. it could explain the rubble which may be destroyed planet or planets in our neighborhood.

Meteor Shower Points Towards Undiscovered Earthbound Comet
www.universetoday.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Havick007

Notice the statement that Tyche would be "too cold and faint" to be identified by a normal telescope...

So they are saying that they have identified an ultra cold brown dwarf in the same article as talking about Tyche... and stated it would be too cold and faint to be detected by a normal "visual telescope"

I think it comes down to attention to detail in reading between the lines...

Any object so far away is too dim to detect by reflected sunlight. Therefore, it must be detected by what it emits, not what it reflects. In the future sensors might be able to directly detect it through reflected sunlight, but not today.

If they are able to detect an out of solar system object that is as cold as the object detected, then it seems that a closer hotter object should be detected - and it hasn't. Thus a brown dwarf orbiting our Sun seems more and more remote.

Remote yes not impossible as some say.

Scientists have clearly been honest with us by saying that it is a big place ...space... that they often do not see things even when they are close to us because they did not look at that tiny spot in the sky. It takes a long time to "see" everything and they will not, probably ever, be aware of everything even when objectst get close and are incoming, let alone things passing us by at fantastic speeds.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nibiru, granted that it exists, would not be able to be seen from Earth or by a telescope, etc means. Simply because, it does not reside inside of this 3rd dimension.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Look up the debate on Pluto. Learn why it has been reclassified.

It was re-classified, because it does not follow the same orbital plane as the other planets in the solar system. It is therefore deduced, that there is other aspects that affect it's orbit, that it is only "partially" a part of this solarsystem.

Didn't "Pluto" use to be planet X? If I recall correctly, and correct me if I'm wrong ... planet X comes from the early 20's, 30's when they only had some information about the outer planets, and were only starting to see them. Then when pluto on it's orbit, moved closer to the sun it was acknowledged ... at least, that is how I remember it.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

We know because even a single pass would cause havoc with the orbits of the known planets. Here is a good model of what would happen if Nibiru actually existed.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Uneducated morons heard that some scholar read something in ancient tablets of some ancient people...and it became their new kook theory.

not everyone without in-depth knowledge of astronomy or science, is a moron. that kind of generalisation is unhelpful.

also, "It is a good thing the world is not full of these types of people...imagine the chaos these idiots would be causing.."
what, as opposed to the harmonious and stable world perpetuated by the actual idiots in charge? the 'kooks' would be an improvement in my opinion.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

Not only does astrophysics discount the possibility of Nibiru but we can also look at historical records. China has a continuous recorded history going back 4,000 years. If this planet returns every 3,600 years it should appear at least once in Chinese history. It doesn't. Now I'm not discounting the possibility of a possible companion star or another large planet in our solar system. What I'm discounting is Sitchin's Nibiru and Lieder's Planet X as they completely fly in the face of physics and history.

Well like I said, if we stop looking at book selling stories. leave out the names and drop the fear, we can concentrate on the relevant, is there any object incoming that could be a perturber of our solar system that possibly was known to pass by early societies in the past.

The belief as far as time is far older then the 4000 year China records you suggest proves they have no relevant information.

"The 2012 phenomenon comprises a range of eschatological beliefs according to which cataclysmic or transformative events will occur on 21 December 2012.[1][2][3][4] This date is regarded as the end-date of a 5,125-year-long cycle in the Mesoamerican Long Count calendar."

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join