It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by Char-Lee

I do think often people who deny a possibility are afraid, they clearly dwell on the subject and keep looking for it, but are angry, and I believe are afraid they will be convinced, because unlike myself they are thinking it means their end or the end of the planet. Where as I have no way of knowing what such a possibility would mean for us.

When Europeans first came to North America they heard tales of cities made of gold. Back then it might have made sense to find these cities. Is there any possibility there is a city in North America made of gold? Would there be any reason to launch a modern quest for his fabled city?

This is not a matter of emotion, but of common sense. There really is no place left to hide a city.

Just as we know a lot about North America, we also know a lot about how objects in space interact with each other.

How can you say this with the thousands of new finds of cities and pyramids spotted from space. they have not been excavated nor uncovered as of yet.

Recently I read an article in a science magazine about a city recently found, the ruins unlike any other found before. It was covered in jungle, but was found to have been completely painted in a very chemically interesting and unique paint. the paint held it's bright color all these years and was found to contain gold dust. In the sun the city would have shone like gold. The paint was so special they say it may hold uses today if they can discover it's secrets.

We must be careful not to misread information from sources and keep an open mind as to the possible meanings behind the words.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

So if something, say a smaller sun with planets were to come near and not enter out planetary system, do we know what the influence would be at which distances. I don't think so, there are to many variables.

You're moving the goalposts (again).

To say it can't happen, nothing out there is going to be heading near us in the future and influence our planet and sun and/or have life forms that visit when it reaches its nearest point seems very unimaginative at best and all good science includes some imagination.

I didn't say it can't happen in the future. In fact, I said a rogue planet could enter the solar system and influence our planet (and all the rest of them). I said it could not happen on a regular basis.

What next? "Say, an invisible sun with no gravity..." That's imaginative. So are unicorns. So is a giant space dragon. With that kind of imagination there is no point in bothering with "good science".

I believe I have always said exactly the same things, as they are my beliefs. It may be however that it seems I am backing the belief in Nibiru since it mirrors the... any incoming object with the same consequences possibility.

As far as the 'what next" I do not discount any of those possibilities and do not believe a good scientist would either, even if he/she did not say so out loud. They found Hobbits and they may find Fairies...surely dragons as the whole world has records of them. Space creatures I am sure will be found, there is water in space not just booze.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

There are No dead ends as long as we know so little.

That is an argument from ignorance.

There are plenty of dead ends and more so as we learn more about the world about us.

Thank you for again calling someone ignorant and proving my point.

He wasn't "calling you ignorant".

Read this. Argument From Ignorance

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by Char-Lee

There are No dead ends as long as we know so little.

That is an argument from ignorance.

There are plenty of dead ends and more so as we learn more about the world about us.

He wasn't "calling you ignorant".

Read this. Argument From Ignorance

you are saying so not him.../her has a history of making comments personal and not just about the subject. People are "confused... their claims ridiculous, they don't know science...they need to learn...they have no reasoning skills...this being said is at the same time saying he/her has all those skills and is totally knowledgeable.
A few recent posts " there are a lot of ways to call someone ignorant...

"I had no idea how lost you were when it came to basic issues about science."

"You really need to learn what science is all about and you need to invest a considerable time on that endeavor my confused friend... '

"Take some time to learn what is science..."

"then tossed in some ridiculous claim about..".

"you are just making useless stuff up as you go along..."

"The ones on the fence are those that have little reasoning skills..."

There have BTW been many people in the past who stopped work on something considered "a dead end", only later someone stumbled on the answer and it would have been found much sooner if people had not considered that the subject had reached a dead end.

All areas should remain open and a realm of possibility, we are young, we are not in a position to know if something is a dead end and won't be for thousands of years if ever.

imho

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That is not what I stated. You can look up the meaning of the phrase "arguing from ignorance." I did not and do not mean to imply that you are ignorant. It is simply the form of argument you are using.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

How can you say this with the thousands of new finds of cities and pyramids spotted from space. they have not been excavated nor uncovered as of yet.

And these are being found in North America?

Recently I read an article in a science magazine about a city recently found, the ruins unlike any other found before. It was covered in jungle, but was found to have been completely painted in a very chemically interesting and unique paint. the paint held it's bright color all these years and was found to contain gold dust. In the sun the city would have shone like gold. The paint was so special they say it may hold uses today if they can discover it's secrets.

Another unsubstantiated claim of little value until you provide a reference.

Even then this is of no consequence since the cities were supposed to be made of gold, not look like gold or colored yellow or anything like that.

We must be careful not to misread information from sources and keep an open mind as to the possible meanings behind the words.

That is what has been pointed out to you time and time again.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

They found Hobbits and they may find Fairies...surely dragons as the whole world has records of them. Space creatures I am sure will be found, there is water in space not just booze.

That's not true. They found short hominids. Fairies are tiny winged people. One does not suggest the other. Dragons? Nothing has been found other than tall tales.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

you are saying so not him.../her has a history of making comments personal and not just about the subject. People are "confused... their claims ridiculous, they don't know science...they need to learn...they have no reasoning skills...this being said is at the same time saying he/her has all those skills and is totally knowledgeable.
A few recent posts " there are a lot of ways to call someone ignorant...

People do make ridiculous arguments. Some people pretend that since we do not know everything that we know little. Some people claim that since they do not know it follows that others do not know. Some people think that anything that jumps into their mind is fact or might be possible. Some people think that basketball players exhibit hang time. Some people think that it is possible to be "thrown clear of an accident." Some people think that jumping in a falling elevator can possibly save their lives.

Some people think that a distant nebula might be a nearby planet.

You can pretend whatever you want about what I wrote, but notice that others have pointed out to you what I stated. You might read the link if you want to know what I wrote or you can continue an inappropriate rant.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Some people think they know everything!!!!!

Some people stay on the fence for further evidence before they stick their foot in their mouth.

Some people know the world they live in while others take a blind following with their face buried in the sand whining the whole time as if they are in fear of being wrong.

Some people just love to argue every day all day long as if they have a miserable life!!!!

You dont know whats in space...... Period!

You dont know a third of what you think you know!!!!

Nibiru is a name with many meanings.......

As a planet?

If or when it comes we will not be arguing and until then stop arguing, go outside and live life, good gawd!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nibiru is a name with many meanings.......

That's not true. It is the name of a fictional planet created by a person named Sitchin.

It is true that people have misused the name Nibiru. That does nothing more than muddy the waters. Just as Sitchin usurped the Akkadian word and claimed it was used in Sumer, which it wasn't, others continue to attempt to usurp the word for other purposes.

Very clearly, the OP is using the word as used by SItchin. The thread should reflect that usage.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Please fix the link, it says the video has gone private? Maybe post an alternative stream.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I live in Marquette, Michigan. Today 9/14/12 I was riding my bicycle around Presque Isle park and decided to stop and take some pictures of the sun. It was about 7:20 pm or so. These are the pictures that I took:

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Donny doesn't like debunkers or skeptics to post on his videos because they usually show him up also he blocks, threatens, or complains to youtube about almost everyone who points out his mistakes no matter what. I could understand him blocking people who call him names or are disrespectful but that's not really the case with donny. I showed my friend who's a really talented amateur astronomer some of donny's videos and my friend pointed out some donny's mistakes and gave him some links to show why he was wrong and he blocked my friend because of it. 10 times out of 10 donny has no idea what he's looking at or talking about plus he will either fall for or perpetuate hoaxes. I hope he's just starting the hoaxes because it would be rather embarrassing if he actually believes some of the things he posts.

Edit: Here is a link that shows you the real Donny Gillson
2012 Hoax
edit on 14-1-2013 by nancyliedersdeaddog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Those are typical internal reflections inside of the camera. Collectively these types of problems are called artifacts. Artifacts are due to the imaging process. These can occur with devices or even the eye,

What do you think is in the images? If you had checked these out in your camera at the time you took them you might have considered obstructing the Sun. You stand so that the Sun is behind a pole or tree or the side of a building. Then you shoot the photo again. That would have removed the internal reflection and also the bright spot you see in the sky.

These are the types of things people do when taking images for research or medical or survey issues.

If you check the 2012 forum you will find hundreds if not thousands of such photos. You will also find handfuls of suggestions amid the clutter suggesting ways that you can test whether or not the photographs contain something interesting other than common artifacts.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmickameleon
I live in Marquette, Michigan. Today 9/14/12 I was riding my bicycle around Presque Isle park and decided to stop and take some pictures of the sun. It was about 7:20 pm or so. These are the pictures that I took:

Nice lens flare!!!

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Sorry for bumping such a old thread I completely misinterpreted the date but I still wonder if kosmickameleon thought he had something in his picture or knew it was a lens flare.

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Theres a chart in Jason verbelli's videos, from one of the alternative scientists in the past century, possibly Walter Russel, or another, he included it in a video without identifying, but I have download many of those pdfs. When you click show more under his video he has a link for scribd, for 40 books, its in one of those I think.

This is Electric Universe twin vortex information, and I'll find one of his videos and that link. The cross is Sun Maximum.

His link to 40 books on suppressed sciences scribd, is under the "show more" and I am just beginning to read one of them, Universal Laws Never Before Revealed Keelys Secrets to Understanding the Science of Sympathetic Vibration.

The pictures at 4 33 in the video and it may be Walter Russel's but need to explore the pdfs in more detail. Mason symbology, even ancient hieroglyphs, and even navajo rugs use these designs.

And somehow that cross, and sun maximum seems related to nibiru, but I'm still not what the outcome or concept is supposed to be.

Twin Opposing Vortexes and Misconceptions of Space (CLICK "Show more" UNDER THE VIDEO)

edit on 14-1-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's a lot of pseudoscience tossed into a pile. Vortices and electric universe and other junk. Wow.

Reminds me of the ridiculous claims of 2012. There was an idea that if enough baloney was heaped into a pile , then there must be some truth in there. NO. A pile of crap just stinks more than a small piece of crap.

posted on Jan, 15 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I like the comment about the Fermi satellite picture of the Milky Way.

They make this comment about it.

Hmmm...that's funny. The farthest probe they've ever sent has barely reached
the edge of the solar system... yet they want us to believe they took a picture
from outside the Galaxy.

Now Unity as you seem to believe all the BS in these types of videos can you please show us were NASA claimed to have taken a picture from outside the Galaxy?

Here is a link to a detailed picture of the Milky Way and the cameras never left the EARTH.

Milky Way

An picture made from 37,440 images taken from different locations on the Earth.

Now if the idiots that make these videos can't even undestand how that can be done do you really think the other BS on their videos is correct!!!

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Theres a chart in Jason verbelli's videos, from one of the alternative scientists in the past century, possibly Walter Russel, or another, he included it in a video without identifying, but I have download many of those pdfs. When you click show more under his video he has a link for scribd, for 40 books, its in one of those I think.

This is Electric Universe twin vortex information, and I'll find one of his videos and that link. The cross is Sun Maximum.

reminds me of this...

edit on 17-1-2013 by ZetaRediculian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join