It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Come on they found a cloud of beer in space.

You purposely and flagrantly misrepresented the article.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

The article has nothing at all do with regular orbits. It isn't very hard to understand is it?

Nibiru is a fictional planet in orbit about a star. The article discusses planet sized masses NOT in orbit.

These are unrelated issues.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

just as a passing system may also explain past disruptions of the planet.

There are a lot of wacko ideas about what one celestial body does to another. Can you tell us the sort of things you call disruptions are?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

No. It doesn't.

As far as a Nibiru-type wandering world in our solar system right now the answer is no. There is no evidence or scientific basis whatsoever for such a planet. If it was out there and heading towards Earth for a December 21, 2012 meetup, we would have seen it or its effects by now.
www.universetoday.com...

I don't personally have a description of Sitchin's planet, and I have not read his work. I simply believe that the plausibility of a complete solar system or a single planet passing near us in a regular orbit is not an impossible supposition.
Then why bring up nomad planets? They do not orbit anything.

edit on 6/3/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

I don't think the 2012 date has anything to do with it.

Because a nomadic planet may indeed orbit something unseen or distant.

"llowing for this type of transient stellar clustering Perets & Kouwenhoven calculate that the odds of ejected, nomadic, planets being captured into large, long orbits on the outskirts of entirely different star systems are actually moderately good. If a lot of planets are ejected from their original systems then re-capture probabilities can be as high as 3 to 5%, which may not sound like much, but if the stellar cluster has 1000 members that’s a decent number, and if we extrapolate to the Galaxy as a whole that would mean a lot of ‘re-purposed’ planets lurking around the outskirts of stars – including binaries and stars with their own pre-existing planetary systems.'
blogs.scientificamerican.com...

Because I believe in the possibility of a solar system or large single planet which in my mind equals what people are looking for in Nibiru. The name is not the important thing here in my opinion, we can just dispose of the name.

I personally think the ancient inhabitants of this planet may very well have had dealings with off world intelligence and they may well have been told to expect them back, in which case a regular orbit of their home world or system makes a lot of sense to me.

Clearly these things are proof-less at this time, one cannot cite the cargo cult and expect to find an equivalent so makeing it true. at this point we are anything from random happenings to computer programs to alien creations...unknown, watch listen learn and converse and we learn and grow.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist

Come on they found a cloud of beer in space.

You purposely and flagrantly misrepresented the article.

Every news agency was calling it "beer" what is the problem? that indicates it was brewed by someone lol!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

The article has nothing at all do with regular orbits. It isn't very hard to understand is it?

Nibiru is a fictional planet in orbit about a star. The article discusses planet sized masses NOT in orbit.

These are unrelated issues.

It is very hard to understand actually me not being the brightest light on this planet....as you indicate you are correct.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

"Why follow or explore things known to be dead ends? That makes no sense.'

There are No dead ends as long as we know so little.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I personally think the ancient inhabitants of this planet may very well have had dealings with off world intelligence and they may well have been told to expect them back, in which case a regular orbit of their home world or system makes a lot of sense to me.

That's Sitchin's tale, more or less.
But to clarify, you think that there is a (relatively) nearby system or planet from which extraterrestrials will again visit Earth? That's a bit different from what you said here:

Personally I think fear is what keeps people from contemplating the possibility that we have something that passes this way and causes our planet trouble on a regular orbit.

Why would we KNOW any new planet would NEVER enter the orbits of known planets? There are long term bodies previously unknown surely they can come in any size. it could explain the rubble which may be destroyed planet or planets in our neighborhood.

Those descriptions of a planet cannot represent reality. Any large body entering the solar system would hopelessly alter the orbits of the planets. If a nomad happens to show up it will do it. If another body does it on a regular basis, we would not be here at all.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That's Sitchin's tale, more or less.
But to clarify, you think that there is a (relatively) nearby system or planet from which extraterrestrials will again visit Earth? That's a bit different from what you said here:

Personally I think fear is what keeps people from contemplating the possibility that we have something that passes this way and causes our planet trouble on a regular orbit.

Why would we KNOW any new planet would NEVER enter the orbits of known planets? There are long term bodies previously unknown surely they can come in any size. it could explain the rubble which may be destroyed planet or planets in our neighborhood.

Those descriptions of a planet cannot represent reality. Any large body entering the solar system would hopelessly alter the orbits of the planets. If a nomad happens to show up it will do it. If another body does it on a regular basis, we would not be here at all.

I came up with this idea long before I heard of anyone called Sitchin I was 18 and actually asked a college professor what he though to my idea and he laughed at me.

No I think I said the same thing again...I said I think there is the possibility and that we don't KNOW anything at this point, personally I don't think anything enters our suns orbit...just comes near enough if it comes...

I do think often people who deny a possibility are afraid, they clearly dwell on the subject and keep looking for it, but are angry, and I believe are afraid they will be convinced, because unlike myself they are thinking it means their end or the end of the planet. Where as I have no way of knowing what such a possibility would mean for us.

I disagree with your conclusions. But your conclusion was based on something actually entering our suns orbit I believe.

Now the doctors are saying we have to get back to our cells...:-(

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I disagree with your conclusions. But your conclusion was based on something actually entering our suns orbit I believe.

No. My "conclusion" is based on your statements about the possibility of a planet entering the solar system on a regular basis. "Entering our suns orbit" (not exactly sure what you mean by that) has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Every news agency was calling it "beer" what is the problem? that indicates it was brewed by someone lol!

You continue to misrepresent what it stated. The amount of alcohol was given in number of beers, not that it was beer.

contains enough alcohol to make 400 trillion trillion pints of beer.

Nowhere does the article linked to call it beer.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

That is an argument from ignorance.

There are plenty of dead ends and more so as we learn more about the world about us.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I do think often people who deny a possibility are afraid, they clearly dwell on the subject and keep looking for it, but are angry, and I believe are afraid they will be convinced, because unlike myself they are thinking it means their end or the end of the planet. Where as I have no way of knowing what such a possibility would mean for us.

When Europeans first came to North America they heard tales of cities made of gold. Back then it might have made sense to find these cities. Is there any possibility there is a city in North America made of gold? Would there be any reason to launch a modern quest for his fabled city?

This is not a matter of emotion, but of common sense. There really is no place left to hide a city.

Just as we know a lot about North America, we also know a lot about how objects in space interact with each other.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

water and alcohol ....hmmm!!!

feel sorry for people who think they KNOW something cannot be.

using the old argument of "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, does it or does it not make noise?"
here is another:
If when it rains at midnight and nobody is awake, how do you prove cats and dogs didnt fall from the sky?

If Stitchin is right about Nibiru are we not a little early about expecting it, oh about another 400-600 years???

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You continue to misrepresent what it stated. The amount of alcohol was given in number of beers, not that it was beer.

contains enough alcohol to make 400 trillion trillion pints of beer.

Nowhere does the article linked to call it beer.

I am sure you can remember the news when it was reported? EVERYONE and their Mother was calling it brew...

Beer for Space Tourists: More Taste, Fewer Wet Burps
example
www.msnbc.msn.com...

No I was not implying we there was a huge alien beer plant dumping beer in space...
SO ok let us back track and I will start over

They found...very unexpectedly... alcohol in space!
edit on 3-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Your latest link does not support your contention that everyone was calling the discovery of alcohol in space "beer." The link has nothing to do with the previous link.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

water and alcohol ....hmmm!!!

feel sorry for people who think they KNOW something cannot be.

using the old argument of "if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around, does it or does it not make noise?"
here is another:
If when it rains at midnight and nobody is awake, how do you prove cats and dogs didnt fall from the sky?

If Stitchin is right about Nibiru are we not a little early about expecting it, oh about another 400-600 years???

Sorry not arguing Sitchin...but I would have thought it would have been coming at one long count round if it were to be based on the Mayans that is not 3200 years or whatever it was he was supposed to have stated.

Anyhow back to the Cats n Dogs...

National Geographic headed to the region in 1970 and were able to witness the event, though they were unable to offer up an explanation. They were able to determine that all of the fish that appear are roughly the same size, and are all the same species. What's more puzzling is that this particular species of fish do not inhabit any nearby waters.
www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

They would have to be virtual or some form of disappearing Dogs and Cats as I have not read of them being found after a rain.
Many many mysteries out there...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That is an argument from ignorance.

There are plenty of dead ends and more so as we learn more about the world about us.

Thank you for again calling someone ignorant and proving my point.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

No. My "conclusion" is based on your statements about the possibility of a planet entering the solar system on a regular basis. "Entering our suns orbit" (not exactly sure what you mean by that) has nothing to do with it.

Quite right...

So if something, say a smaller sun with planets were to come near and not enter our planetary system, do we know what the influence would be at which distances. I don't think so, there are to many variables.

To say it can't happen, nothing out there is going to be heading near us in the future and influence our planet and sun and/or have life forms that visit when it reaches its nearest point seems very unimaginative at best and all good science includes some imagination.
edit on 3-6-2012 by Char-Lee because: sp

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

So if something, say a smaller sun with planets were to come near and not enter out planetary system, do we know what the influence would be at which distances. I don't think so, there are to many variables.

You're moving the goalposts (again).

To say it can't happen, nothing out there is going to be heading near us in the future and influence our planet and sun and/or have life forms that visit when it reaches its nearest point seems very unimaginative at best and all good science includes some imagination.

I didn't say it can't happen in the future. In fact, I said a rogue planet could enter the solar system and influence our planet (and all the rest of them). I said it could not happen on a regular basis.

What next? "Say, an invisible sun with no gravity..." That's imaginative. So are unicorns. So is a giant space dragon. With that kind of imagination there is no point in bothering with "good science".

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join