It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

That is not what I wrote. I'll let you go back and fix your present statement.

Besides, what does that have to do with a fictional, nonexistent planet and a distant nebula?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How many times must I tell you that this whole Nibiru idea is NOT my belief. I was exercising my rights of free-thinking by exploring the possibilities for it's existence. That doesn't mean I entertain any particular notion of it. It's simply that, free-thinking....

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You said I was wrong nearly 100% of the time did you not? Or was that just the only thing I said that you realized you couldn't debunk? See you aren't right 100% of the time either...Your arrogance offends me...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Thanks for finding your error. Now understanding the error is the next part.

You still have provided no connection between the topic of the thread and your rants about all sorts of other topics. Is there a connection to either nebulas or the fictional Nibiru?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Should I really restate that again? I was exploring ideas and theories, the Pineal Gland was brought up for evidence of a 4th dimension due to dreams. I mentioned an idea about if Nibiru existed it could be in another dimension, 4th, but not saying that's what I believe is the 'truth'.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Should I really restate that again? I was exploring ideas and theories, the Pineal Gland was brought up for evidence of a 4th dimension due to dreams. I mentioned an idea about if Nibiru existed it could be in another dimension, 4th, but not saying that's what I believe is the 'truth'.

I suggest you learn what a dimension means.

Instead of admitting that Nibiru is a hoax you are now in the process of increasing the complexity of the fraud by invoking even more unrealistic issues. That and the mistakes about the pineal gland, and all the rest of it are simply telling everyone this is a failure and only more outrageous wacko ideas will save it. Save it? No, just reinforce the failure.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MamaJ

Nibiru in my opinion ( because thats all any of us have) Has many meanings and many claiming to know which meaning we should use to describe it. Is it a God? A crossing? A star? A planet beyond Pluto?

I cant see beyond Pluto myself, so I do not know.

And it is also my understanding that a woman ( cant remember her name) said way back in the early 90s that it was a planet coming toward us and will collide with us. She got her info from an alien.

Sitchin believed the Sumerian translation of Nibiru is the 12th planet behind pluto....

Nibiru could be Jesus for all I know.

This is where I draw the line though.... No one knows wth it is, what the ancients meant... Nothing.

Just because some people have purposely or mistakenly misused a word does not mean much.

Nibiru as a planet has a single meaning. It was defined by Sitchin in his fictional works in which he falsely claims to have translated ancient Sumerian.

The woman you refer to is Nancy Lieder of zetatalk.

Nibiru is not a star or Jesus or a god. It is what Sitchin defined and he made it all up.

I think its obvious what your opinion is, didnt even have to reply to me.

Also, I think its obvious what mine is.... Not wanting to argue opinions.

I said, she said, we said, we think...... Who cares, I dont.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by MamaJ

It's strange that we would have any disagreement about nibiru given that

Eta: here is a link that best describes how I view " Nibiru". www.michaelsheiser.com...

I like Heiser, at least what I've read from him. I especially like this from your link

One thing is certain from the texts, though: Nibiru is NEVER identified as a planet beyond Pluto.

Can we at least agree on that FACT?

Its funny, we were never in disagreement.

Why in the world did you ever jump on the bandwagon thinking we were?

Its a name that has many meanings.... I said this. Lets be real!

Nibiru could be a planet the sumerians were talking about, dont know.... And honestly dont even care.

I am not worried about a planet, space ship, jesus, or the devil and no one knows anything concrete about nibiru.

Everyone is arguing many pages
now about something they dont know, only have opinions on.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

You act as if there is only ONE definition of a dimension....Ever heard of Metaphysics?

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm talking about dimensions in the metaphysics sense, not in the Geometry(Line, Planes, etc). I posted a video before explaining it, if you don't care to read it, your loss. You can't bother to argue with people if you aren't even interested in looking at ALL the information, right or wrong. Why? What may be considered "wrong" to you, may not be "wrong" to someone else, and vice versa. The truth is not the same for everybody.

You asked me what I was getting at, and if a 4th Dimensional Spacetime exists like I said(where thoughts manifest instantly because of time), based upon the Law of Attraction. Would that not be the same as a dream where you go "I want a banana", and one appears in front of you? Anyways have fun with your thread and attempts to intimidate anybody who puts forth theories that you don't accept.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Oh, "gawd"!!!

OK....I just wish all of you "Nibiru believers" would at least stay on the same "page" .....the same "page" of insanity....and not digress into alternate concepts!!

But, well......revel in it, and enjoy your fantasy.

There is thing called the "Real World", which you may wish to come back to, someday.......

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
JHC. I got to page 9 and gave up in disgust. It's a real icky kind of thread when I don't read the whole thing before replying.

For those of you implying Sitchin is somehow saying Nibiru will return in 2012: he did not. Sitchin in no way ever said, implied, or believed Nibiru was returning in 2012. In fact, he thought the next time it will swing around will be about a 1000 years from our current time.

Get the facts correct, then distort them please.

The true believers and the skeptics in this thread are clearly lacking a lot of things.

Do I believe that Nibiru could be real? Yes
Do I believe that Nibiru could be total crap? Yes
Have I seen a picture of anything that I thought was Nibiru? No
Do I think the universe can be categorized and explained infallibly by human science? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Humans know jack in the grand scheme of things.

Furthermore, using insults and degrading those who entertain the Planet X or Nibiru theories is disgusting behavior which is basically saying:

"You do not agree with me, and my assertions and therefore are stupid and worthy of ridicule"

Grow up. You don't have to be a jerk to disagree with someone.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
JHC. I got to page 9 and gave up in disgust. It's a real icky kind of thread when I don't read the whole thing before replying.

For those of you implying Sitchin is somehow saying Nibiru will return in 2012: he did not. Sitchin in no way ever said, implied, or believed Nibiru was returning in 2012. In fact, he thought the next time it will swing around will be about a 1000 years from our current time.

Get the facts correct, then distort them please.

The true believers and the skeptics in this thread are clearly lacking a lot of things.

Do I believe that Nibiru could be real? Yes
Do I believe that Nibiru could be total crap? Yes
Have I seen a picture of anything that I thought was Nibiru? No
Do I think the universe can be categorized and explained infallibly by human science? ABSOLUTELY NOT. Humans know jack in the grand scheme of things.

Furthermore, using insults and degrading those who entertain the Planet X or Nibiru theories is disgusting behavior which is basically saying:

"You do not agree with me, and my assertions and therefore are stupid and worthy of ridicule"

Grow up. You don't have to be a jerk to disagree with someone.

Yay!!!! Logicical reasoning has won this thread.... You are the winner! Whooooo hooooooo!

Totally agree... Its childish and quite a disgusting read.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

In other words you are just making useless stuff up as you go along attempting to keep alive what is a fiction that was shown to be false in numerous ways decades ago.

This Nibiru fiction fails on the basis of archaelogical evidence, translation evidence, celestial mechanics, geophysics, thermodynamics, and so forth.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Malynn

Sitchin does not put the return 1000 years away. You can check that for yourself.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't need to, as I've read every single one of his books. I know he doesn't say it returns in 2012. And you as well, can check that for yourself.
edit on 5/31/12 by Malynn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Gotta love the argument, "We just don't know! We can't prove Nibiru doesn't exist!"

Whatever. Can we prove there are no planets made of gummi bears? How do we know?!?!?

Some folks spent too much time as Dungeon Masters in their parents' basement growing up.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

Enjoy...
edit on 31-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

She's right. Sitchin put out End of Days for pretty much the sole purpose of separating himself from the 2012 claims. The one who connected Nibiru with 2012 was Nancy Lieder. Sitchin thought it would return in 2900 although he also thought it could return earlier between 2090 and 2370. Of course going with this date Sitchin pretty much debunks himself as we have plenty of records from the last "passing" and none mention a new planet in the sky.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus
Gotta love the argument, "We just don't know! We can't prove Nibiru doesn't exist!"

Whatever. Can we prove there are no planets made of gummi bears? How do we know?!?!?

Some folks spent too much time as Dungeon Masters in their parents' basement growing up.

Yeah.... I think some did.... With their face buried in a bottle or something.

Hardy har har...

There is no proof.... Simple as that.

The ones who truly care need to get outta the house and live a little.

The ones who dont should care less to argue about opinions... I mean come on already!!!

And the ones on the fence without proof either way are the ones who have strong reasoning skills.

A little research always helps but even then you go off someones words whom you dont even know you can trust.

The Universe is filled with possibilites and anyone who denys this has his head buried deep in a sandbox!! But hey, who am I to judge. If it feels good, go with it!! Lol!!!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hardy har har...

THAT ( ^ ^ ^ ) is quite funny!!

There is no proof.... Simple as that.

Untrue, Ma'am....

So untrue.........

"Nibiru" as a concept CAN be 'proven; to be untrue.....has been shown, here on on ATS, and elsewhere.

Basics of ASTRONOMY preclude any such idiotic claim for a fictional "Nibiru".......the science is CLEAR on this.

There is science, and "science fiction".....REAL science fiction is based on actual SCIENCE.....(Just look it up)....

.....the other genre, often confused as "science fiction" is usually called "FANTASY"....

......within that genre, well....."virtually" anything goes....it's "fantasy", after all........

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join