Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Obviously it wasn't....I daresay they've practiced astronomy and science since at least the first millennium A.D if not before. The Earth being flat is a theory is it not? "Oh but it was a mistake!" So we can have mistakes back then, but not now, because we have just learned everything, now haven't we? The Earth being flat was not a theory? Then what was it? Funny, for someone who doesn't like being challenged, I responded to yours did I not?

Science is a rather recent invention, only a few hundred years old. There were other methods before science. The idea that a flat Earth is a theory is not true. It was a belief. It was recognized as wrong long, long before science was invented. A flat Earth is mentioned in a few ancient religious descriptions of the structure of the cosmos. By 150BC sailors were using the astrolabe to navigate. It is a tool to solve problems on a sphere. Long before that people were aware that the Earth was not flat. All that was required was travel. The stars appear differently in different places. But the shape of the Earth was worked out long before science was invented.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

You can't see those things in your head as if they are your reality though can you? There is a difference in remembering a photographic image and walking around as if business is usual and everything you are seeing is your absolute reality at that point.

By the way, nice abuse of star power. Doesn't anyone else think it's funny how this thread has just him and I arguing, yet he has received at least one star for every post on this page for the exception of one. He clearly has alternate accounts used to give him stars...and therefore increase his "credibility" here. Can you say snake in the grass?

If you want I'll give you a star if you get back on topic.

PS. I see all of those as real as dreams.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

He clearly has alternate accounts used to give him stars...and therefore increase his "credibility" here. Can you say snake in the grass?

If that's true we better alert the mods because the stars I've given aren't registering. How # petty can you be? If it will keep you from whining I'll be sure to star your posts as well. All you have to do is say something I agree with or project your desire for stars using your pineal gland. That should do it right?

Try to be a little more careful with your reckless accusations.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi Hot Stuff,
dont forget the silver bullets for the Florida trip.

Hahaha.... None needed. Im all grown up now.

I wish people would love.... Just love others for their differences. *sigh*

We do not know if a Nibiru exists and we wont know unless it creeps up on us and or begins coming at us... Then we will know. Until then, we dont know. No one person can say it exists or doesnt. That last sentence is fact, just ask google.
edit on 30-5-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

well suit your self,

you will sooner run into Zombies then to see Nibiru least for another 600 years

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by MamaJ

well suit your self,

you will sooner run into Zombies then to see Nibiru least for another 600 years

Zombies? Say what? Hahaha... I dont think so.

If a nibiru exists we may indeed see it in 600 years, I for one do not expect to ever see or hear anything out of the norm of this reality.... Im just boring like that.

If I had my way I would see and hear ghosts, have my own flying saucer with a driver, and be able to time travel through black holes all the while on Nibiru.. But ya know.... Living a dream and too busy for all of that fun stuff!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

As amusing as I have begun to find this site, this "ATS"......nevertheless, when I see some claims that are patently absurd, I take a moment and try to ascertain whether such statements (or, "posts", per the online vernacular) are truly 'heart-felt', or intended as humor.

Because......the really "out-there" nonsense IS humourous......to many who read it.

So.....honing one's humourous skills via a freely available "community" website, such as ATS?? OK....I see no ethical problems, here.......

.....CARRY ON!...........

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

So should I approve this message? Lol I think that went right over my head or yours Im not real sure?

Absurd comments and or posts are up to the eye of the beholder.... So.... Yeah. Cool. Carrying on.

Nibirubians to the rescue!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

But which nibirubians (?) are we talking about? From the nibiru that was to arrive in 2003? Some nibiru in a nebula 2000 light years away that's supposed to arrive this year? You can say we don't know if nibiru exists but we do know for sure that Sitchin's nibiru does not. And you are bound by your wishes to love us even though we believe differently from you.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

You think I am whining?I am making sense. Lol, how can he possibly deserve stars, when I've countered everything he's said to me? Unless, he has another account and is just giving himself stars for every post? Nobody else posted, why would they just star all of his posts? I don't give a damn about stars, because I am in fact NOT petty, I'm not here for pixels, I am here for Free-Discussion and unhampered freedom of thinking.. Whatever make your assumptions about what you know about me. I find it funny though when you two tried to say that Pineal gland didn't have to do with anything and I proved it did. Can you debunk any of that stuff that I said about L-Tyrosine, Melatonin, etc? This is the same approach you take with us, so now I'm going to fight fire with fire. As far as the whole earth thing goes; Where do you think a theory comes from? An idea.....I had an idea that this whole Melatonin structure was connected, and it was.

To Stereologist: That is considered a theory, later proven true by facts. The flat earth was a theory.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is another one of those wikipedia links you guys love to use so much. You were saying? God is a theory though, no? But a hell of a lot of people still believe in that 'theory' enough to create mass genocide. Like what the hell was the Italy doing on the Axis powers, killing Jews, and the Vatican is in a separated area of Rome/Italy.
edit on 30-5-2012 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by MamaJ

But which nibirubians (?) are we talking about? From the nibiru that was to arrive in 2003? Some nibiru in a nebula 2000 light years away that's supposed to arrive this year? You can say we don't know if nibiru exists but we do know for sure that Sitchin's nibiru does not. And you are bound by your wishes to love us even though we believe differently from you.

Believe differently than me? What do I believe? Do you even know or are you running with something?

Yeah.... Whether or not someone believes what I do or not..... They AINT me. So be it. Everyone thinks differently, this I know and if you cant tell.... Not the naive kind of girl.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I dont think you have whined at all. You seem pretty open minded to me and thats why I starred some of your posts.

Whether or not Nibiru exists or not, we can all be civil. Well, some of us can. I have found its best not to engage people who are closed minded because I for one am the opposite.

Some like their little comfy world with nothing out of the norm within this society. You cant change their mind and make it open, life experiences do that.

I find the Universe to be filled with more possibilites than we can even dream of. Nothing would surprise me, and nothing has. Where is the excitement, I keep asking!!

Eta: I also believe the pope to be a deal kill as well. Religion in the highest is as politcal as politics can be. The Vatican has the money... And the rules.... And the play book. I thought everyone knew this??

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

You think I am whining?

Yes, I think you were.

Lol, how can he possibly deserve stars, when I've countered everything he's said to me?

And it looks like you still are.

Unless, he has another account and is just giving himself stars for every post?

Pathetic. I already told you I have been starring his posts.

Nobody else posted, why would they just star all of his posts?

I like his arguments better?

I don't give a damn about stars, because I am in fact NOT petty,

OK, I believe you. I apologize for being confused by your petty whining.

I find it funny though when you two tried to say that Pineal gland didn't have to do with anything and I proved it did.

I find it funnier that you say I " tried to say that Pineal gland didn't have to do with anything".

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Believe differently than me? What do I believe? Do you even know or are you running with something?

Sorry, I was referring to what you said here

We do not know if a Nibiru exists and we wont know unless it creeps up on us and or begins coming at us... Then we will know. Until then, we dont know. No one person can say it exists or doesnt. That last sentence is fact, just ask google.

nibiru is not an undefined, anything that's discovered in the future can be it kind of thing. Seems like many use the name nibiru for the soup that if any hypothetical ingredient is discovered then that will become niburu. Doesn't work like that.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Nibiru does not exist. We can tell by checking whether or not the purported properties are possible. A regular 3600 year orbit that is highly eccentric for a planet sized mass is impossible. Celestial mechanics has shown that is the case.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Would it settle all the bickering on fine points and waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off topic tangents to all just agree to use the word

"Nibulirula?"

There.

Done.

Or better yet (more how I think of it) a second "N word".

I cringe every time I see it.
edit on 5/30/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation
reply to post by MamaJ

Sorry, I was referring to what you said here

nibiru is not an undefined, anything that's discovered in the future can be it kind of thing. Seems like many use the name nibiru for the soup that if any hypothetical ingredient is discovered then that will become niburu. Doesn't work like that.

By all means, tell me how it works then. I could care less to approve or debunk. I just dont work that way.... Lol

Seriously, what do you know as fact? I mean FACT!

Facts change..... Everything changes, this is the only fact anyone should say they truly know.

I learned a long time ago not to let my ego and pride allow me to think I know much of anything..... Just sayin. There are a lot of great minds in the world. For every discovery there were tons of people denying and debunking the discovery and the dicoverer. Its sad really .....

Nibiru in my opinion ( because thats all any of us have) Has many meanings and many claiming to know which meaning we should use to describe it. Is it a God? A crossing? A star? A planet beyond Pluto?

I cant see beyond Pluto myself, so I do not know.

And it is also my understanding that a woman ( cant remember her name) said way back in the early 90s that it was a planet coming toward us and will collide with us. She got her info from an alien.

Sitchin believed the Sumerian translation of Nibiru is the 12th planet behind pluto....

Nibiru could be Jesus for all I know.

This is where I draw the line though.... No one knows wth it is, what the ancients meant... Nothing.

If it makes its return every 3600 years then we will know one day... Sooner than later now.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Of course you have posted counter statements most of which were off topic and hardly anything was sensible.

I find it funny though when you two tried to say that Pineal gland didn't have to do with anything and I proved it did.

You proved nothing. You might want to look up what the word means. At best you tossed out some irrelevant ideas.

Where do you think a theory comes from?

You use the term in the vernacular - as an unsubstantiated guess. I use it in the way it is used in science.

To Stereologist: That is considered a theory, later proven true by facts. The flat earth was a theory.

The Earth being flat was never a scientific theory. It was never proven by facts. Theory explain facts. You've got the cart before the horse.

Let's see if we can figure out why you are so confused about all of this. The article begins by pointing out that a flat Earth idea was archaic. Notice that they call it a model and not a theory. Science is invented in the 1600s.
en.wikipedia.org...

The problem lies in your continued misunderstanding that words have multiple meanings and those meanings are dependent on context. You also make the unwarranted assumption that observations of the night sky is the same as the science of astronomy. I for example use a telescope. I do astronomy. I do not do astronomy scientifically.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by MamaJ

Nibiru does not exist. We can tell by checking whether or not the purported properties are possible. A regular 3600 year orbit that is highly eccentric for a planet sized mass is impossible. Celestial mechanics has shown that is the case.

See my above post....

Eta: here is a link that best describes how I view " Nibiru". www.michaelsheiser.com...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DenyObfuscation

And I know you are not his accomplice how? I don't care about stars, but I'm saying something is fishy with his. You broke down articles with your comments just like Stereologist and Druscilla...I'm pretty sure you aren't allowed to abuse stars by starring yourself or having close friends(accomplices), vote for you simply for the sake of.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join