It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nebula or Nibiru (May 28 2012)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I am sick and tired of not knowing what or who to trust when it comes to 'showing us the light' when it comes to Nibiru.
The most common complaint or ad hominem is: 'if it was out there, more people would be seeing it' and to that I say, yes and no.

We, the lay-person, who don't have the equipment or knowledge of the cosmos to decipher between a nebulae from a rogue planet (like what's being contested here) probably can't.

But we DO have some amateur astronomers who have the means, and the know-how (be it right or wrong) to help point out things in the sky that we would otherwise not notice or know about.

So here we have Danny (32º of Insanity) a somewhat famous personality on YT who is excitingly telling and showing us where Planet X is hiding out. In fact, he's begging for debate from debunkers and to challenge him on this and guess what? He has one named TBar who is putting up a good fight/argument.

Now, I subscribe to both their channels and they BOTH put up great arguments so now I turn to ATS because I'm about to pull my hair out in frustration.

Is this a nebula or Nibiru?

youtu.be...
www.truereality.org...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
going to sleep but marking this for 2moz =D my kind of thread.

those pics are meant to be planet x?!
Sorry haven't looked closely just read you small para and posted.

Ty
Aarcadius.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
"What was that Giorgio.. uh huh, yeah... ok. For how long? They knew!"

hangs up phone...

Yeah, it's definitely Aliens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

It's a rather simple answer...."Nibiru" is fiction.

We, the lay-person, who don't have the equipment or knowledge of the cosmos to decipher between a nebulae from a rogue planet

Even a lay-person can do the research, and find the differences......and, with the financial wherewithal, buy their own personal telescope, and take some classes at Univ. or local College on Astronomy....or, read up about it at the local library, for free. Alternatively, short of buying one's own (admittedly not a cheap hobby) telescope, one could seek out a local-area astronomy club of amateur enthusiasts, who might be willing to lend their own personal knowledge and experience to a lay-person, when asked.

And, the definition of a 'nebula". Most who have even the most vague understanding of the Cosmos don't need to look up the definition (because there is no similarity to a nebula and a "rogue" planet), but here's the definition anyway, for anyone else (I presume the definition of "planet" is not necessary?):

Types of Nebulae

Originally, the word "nebula" referred to almost any extended astronomical object (other than planets and comets). The etymological root of "nebula" means "cloud".

And skipping in the "Intro":

More strictly speaking, the word "nebula" should be reserved for gas and dust clouds and not for groups of stars.

Therefore, it is rather obvious that the term "nebula" can never be applied to a planet, of any sort......whether fictional (like "Nibiru") or real......

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

I am sick and tired of not knowing what or who to trust when it comes to 'showing us the light' when it comes to Nibiru.

Well work it out for yourself mate.....do a little research and you will find that there is no Nibiru/planetX whatever you want to call it.

I know that this is a conspiracy site and that all scientists and governments are allegedly "in the know" and hiding a great and horrible truth from us.....but guess what?....they aren't! there will be no massive planet emerging from the depths of space to wipe us all out, 2012 will come and go just like every other year, yes there will be disasters and atrocities, but we have them every single year and this one will be no different.

1000's of years from now, mankind will look back on the infancy of the internet and laugh at how these non-stop stories of impending doom frightened the bejeebus out of people....a little like we look back at civilizations from our distant history, and wonder at all the fears and customs they had back in their day.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I share your frustration believe me! S&F for your bravery - no one dares to post on this anymore - if we're not careful, we could miss the boat as it were.

I just hope that when/if it does hit someone on the head that they regain consciousness long enough to post a threat.

What really gets me thinking is - when those satellites were falling to earth not so long back - they couldn't tell us when or where they would land yet they expect us to trust them on this?????

Let's face it, the Universe to a large extent is a mystery - that's why they're exploring the damn thing - they talk like they know it all when in truth they know very very very little.

Just how I feel.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This is ridiculous. He's just editing the pictures until they are distorted enough so he finds something that looks like an eagle or whatever, then claims its not a nebula. And yeah, its perfectly possible for nebulae to have a form vaguely resembling things we know. It happens in the clouds on earth reguarly.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

What really gets me thinking is - when those satellites were falling to earth not so long back - they couldn't tell us when or where they would land yet they expect us to trust them on this?????

But "they" did tell you that they were going to hit didn't they?....."they" didn't cover it up, or say there are no satellites going to hit Earth did they?......."they" just told you the truth didn't they.

who are "they" by the way?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
This is ridiculous. He's just editing the pictures until they are distorted enough so he finds something that looks like an eagle or whatever, then claims its not a nebula. And yeah, its perfectly possible for nebulae to have a form vaguely resembling things we know. It happens in the clouds on earth reguarly.

What do you mean "editing"?? I think you mean cropping, no?

About the "eagle" or whatever....yeah, that's subjective but that means nothing to overall (supposed) finding. He can say he sees Superman for all we care. So what? I think he was just trying to tie in the mythical aspect of this but that shouldn't play a factor into this.
Personally I still don't see the Constellations as the ancients depicted (fish and goats etc) so for me, the whole anthropomorphism thing is too abstract anyway.
Thanks for sharing

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

I believe there is.

And to every piece that you research saying it isn't real, I'll show you a paper/study showing it is. So it all depends where you shop for your information!

I am NOT going by NASA or anything circa 2000 or later.
This world works on agendas now. So I am going back in time when agendas were hardly a concern let alone, a word!
Robert Harrington comes to mind and he was modern. 1989 I do believe.

Say, what's 'lurking at the outer edges of our solar system' then? Oh never mind. I forgot where you do your shopping.

Thanks for your opinion just the same. I think you're wrong but thanks!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

He's inverting the colours then changing the brightness, the re-inverting and changing again, that to me is editing. It is changing the way the picture looks, and its going to introduce artefacts and remove things too. Try it with any complex image for yourself and you'll see.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hey no problem mate!

So let me get this straight, you believe that a hitherto "undiscovered" planet is lurking on the fringes of our solar system, and will appear at some point this year.....yes?

One question Human_Alien......will you be posting circa January 2013........and admitting the error of your ways?.......or can we expect the goal posts to be moved?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by PluPerfect

What do you mean 'do the research'??? Do you think we all just dreamed this one afternoon and it subconsciously went viral?

C'mon. You can do better than that.

There is something out there. MSM is reporting that now.
Why is it out of the question that that MIGHT be Nibiru?

You're trusting the very people who made and then demoted Pluto. as a planet.
So if they're having a hard time telling what Pluto was, due to its vast distance, why are you crediting them to know what's BEYOND Pluto?
I don't exactly know or understand who you're trusting.

Thanks for sharing your opinion though

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Hey no problem mate!

So let me get this straight, you believe that a hitherto "undiscovered" planet is lurking on the fringes of our solar system, and will appear at some point this year.....yes?

One question Human_Alien......will you be posting circa January 2013........and admitting the error of your ways?.......or can we expect the goal posts to be moved?

Whoa there my friend. I am not predicting any arrival or any thing. Not at all. That's not within my comfort zone nor is it my forte.
I do believe it'll be here before I die though and...I'm 53. So, take that for what that's worth.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You're trusting the very people who made and then demoted Pluto. as a planet. So if they're having a hard time telling what Pluto was, due to its vast distance, why are you crediting them to know what's BEYOND Pluto?

We've advanced significantly in our understanding of the solar system since Pluto was designated a planet though haven't we?

Remember when scientists used to think the world was flat?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

He's inverting the colours then changing the brightness, the re-inverting and changing again, that to me is editing. It is changing the way the picture looks, and its going to introduce artefacts and remove things too. Try it with any complex image for yourself and you'll see.

Oh, you were talking about the eagle thing. You're right then.

To me that didn't impress nor captivate my attention. That was his ink-blot opinion and I'm not interested in what caricature he thinks he sees.

While he was showing that part....I took the liberty to take out the trash

edit on 27-5-2012 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Uneducated morons heard that some scholar read something in ancient tablets of some ancient people...and it became their new kook theory.

Yes people seem to pull these types of conspiracies out of their butt...so is this real...ummm nope.

It is a good thing the world is not full of these types of people...imagine the chaos these idiots would be causing...
. The rational, educated people who have degrees in this type of field are a little more believable than some blogger, youtuber or nutbar.

edit on 27-5-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

You're trusting the very people who made and then demoted Pluto. as a planet. So if they're having a hard time telling what Pluto was, due to its vast distance, why are you crediting them to know what's BEYOND Pluto?

We've advanced significantly in our understanding of the solar system since Pluto was designated a planet though haven't we?
Remember when scientists used to think the world was flat?

I trust the ancients who supposedly had no electricity, no car, no heat, no toilet and YET....knew 5000+ years in advance when Venus would transit the Sun.
Now THOSE are the 'scientists' I trust.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Whoa there my friend. I am not predicting any arrival or any thing. Not at all. That's not within my comfort zone nor is it my forte.

Well then I apologise.....I could have sworn you were a "2012 Nibiru believer", if I am wrong then as I said I apologise.

we are of a similar age!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I trust the ancients who supposedly had no electricity, no car, no heat, no toilet and YET....knew 5000+ years in advance when Venus would transit the Sun.
Now THOSE are the 'scientists' I trust.

Well than...rational, educated thinking does not sound like it is part of your life.

In that case...these thread is useless to me.Can't debate an Id**t...they will just drag you down to their level...not that your an idiot...but I could be wrong...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join