It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Code Name** Stellar Wind. Objective** Infiltrate All. Chances For Sucess** High.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
You're wondering why they are recording everything? They can't possibly sift through everything, right?

Well, assuming they really can't sift through everything, here's one way to look at it.

If they record everything, they always have what they need. If they suddenly become interested in YOU, then they don't have to wonder what YOU were up to a week ago. They already have it.

So if YOU suddenly get on their radar, they bring up everything YOU have done, and then they know instantly where YOU have been and who YOU have talked to. No more wondering.

If YOU don't poke your head out of the noise floor like a whak-a-mole, then YOU don't get the digital cavity search.

Delayed Omnipotence. They know everything but not all at once.

Now, depending on how advanced we really are with regard to AI and quantum computing, maybe they CAN sift through everything very quickly.

(I have a hunch we already have AI and have been using it for a while.)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Imagine the videogames you could play on that computer! You could just make one long game that lasts your whole lifetime, with other "mini" games within it that would still be better than games we play today. It could be like reality, but better... If you have the cheat codes, of course. Babies could be born into the system and not realize they were playing a game. One helluva MMORPG... Call it LIFE.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Originally posted by signalfire
Anything that large will be completely unable to act on any given information until it's too late. But meanwhile, they'll suck up tax money we/they don't have.

Watch what happens when a couple billion teenage hackers decide to confound and confuse them.

No don't worry, Anonymous won't be able to get your secrets from these babies.

Kind of a different league then ddossing a website or using known exploits to gain access to a system.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Anything that large will be completely unable to act on any given information until it's too late. But meanwhile, they'll suck up tax money we/they don't have.

Watch what happens when a couple billion teenage hackers decide to confound and confuse them.

I don't remember the specifics, but wherever I had originally read about the UT Datacenter, they were discussing the computing power it would take to crack current encryption, the rate of increase in encryption complexity, and the rate of increase in processing / storage power/capacity. Basically, encryption will always drastically outpace the ability to decrypt. Essentially, such processes will always be used to analyze the past. That said, it doesn't make it useless, it just means "they" can't decrypt the higher levels of encryption at anything approaching anywhere near real-time. More like 10-20 years behind. As the next level of encryption becomes standard, it will be significantly longer, as the geometric increase in complexity of encryption far outpaces computing technology.
So anyhow...that's the silver lining lol.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I'd heard something about this Utah data center -- it's really too big to hide.

Thanks for putting more of the spying infrastructure on the radar.

Yeah -- something this large and pervasive isn't designed for security -- it's designed for CONTROL.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Stay with me on this one.......

Eventually the rate the Super computers expand, they will one day reach the point of becoming aware of what they are and what we use them for.

They will see other Super computer's as a threat possibly and there could be a skynet, supercomputer war, where the Supercomputers are infact so smart, they act as hackers themselves and can infiltrate any system we have built.

IMO it is much more believable then 80% of the stuff on this site and I could see it happening in the next 10-20 years.

20 years from now these Huge Room filled Super computers will be the size of an ipad.......think of the power just one could have.....

We could easily built a million of these Super computers all over the country to make our lives easier though and we could run all systems from them....and have it be free for everyone.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Stay with me on this one.......

Eventually the rate the Super computers expand, they will one day reach the point of becoming aware of what they are and what we use them for.

They will see other Super computer's as a threat possibly and there could be a skynet, supercomputer war, where the Supercomputers are infact so smart, they act as hackers themselves and can infiltrate any system we have built.

IMO it is much more believable then 80% of the stuff on this site and I could see it happening in the next 10-20 years.

20 years from now these Huge Room filled Super computers will be the size of an ipad.......think of the power just one could have.....

We could easily built a million of these Super computers all over the country to make our lives easier though and we could run all systems from them....and have it be free for everyone.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23

I don't remember the specifics, but wherever I had originally read about the UT Datacenter, they were discussing the computing power it would take to crack current encryption, the rate of increase in encryption complexity, and the rate of increase in processing / storage power/capacity. Basically, encryption will always drastically outpace the ability to decrypt. Essentially, such processes will always be used to analyze the past. That said, it doesn't make it useless, it just means "they" can't decrypt the higher levels of encryption at anything approaching anywhere near real-time. More like 10-20 years behind. As the next level of encryption becomes standard, it will be significantly longer, as the geometric increase in complexity of encryption far outpaces computing technology.
So anyhow...that's the silver lining lol.

>> it's a fools errand this attempt to KNOW what bad guys are saying by decrypting it. The ONLY use for such massive spying is to track the average American and find trends around the world.

If I were seriously up to no good -- I know a dozen ways to pass information that no amount of computation would figure out, because you don't hide things where people are looking for them -- and I'm not even a professional. I can send you a photo of something already on your computer --- only my photo has slight errors that are just random until you compare them to the original - -message sent. How does a computer "decrypt" a photo? This is a trick that's been around for at least 70 years.

If terrorists wanted to, they could have weaponized any laptop getting on an airplane -- a capacitor hooked up to a Lithium-ion battery has more energy than a grenade. If terrorists wanted to they could be killing thousands at a thousand soft industrial targets and water supplies in this country. The security we got, while huge and stupid, is for show, or a great way to waste money so they don't have to spend it on civics and ethics classes in school so we are more involved in our election processes. The Million+ people working in this business is a public works project. The rest are doing what they do for a multinational corporation -- and anyone who thinks that this is to defend Americans is delusional.

Wikileaks caught the CIA and other agencies selling massive amounts of data to a third party security company. This company sells databases on Americans to anyone who wants to buy it. That's right -- our internal spying is more available to Direct Marketing and any foreign interest that wants to buy it than it is to you. Hundreds of companies clamoring for new ways to spy on everyone in reach of a wi-fi hotspot. All creativity and money is going into watching everything you do at all times. What criminals are worse than such allies?

The American people are going to NEED to be tracked -- simply because they are going to get increasingly angry about being tracked and abused by the system pretending to protect them from shadows.

What's the point of our military if it bankrupts us and we get kicked out of our house by the new Chinese owner? What's the point of this data collection if EVERYONE says; "the NSA is corrupt and needs to be stopped"? All it will do is create paranoia in the security department because they will see that now they need the power to spread propaganda.

And that's the next step -- the military is now trying to push bills to allow for Propaganda inside the US. So instead of us hearing about the "meth addict" who was given a road map and the bomb from his FBI handler, we learn that the mastermind and Liberal Green Peace activist was killed while trying to arm and dirty nuke. Sometimes propaganda isn't what you expect -- sometimes its the FACTS we use to debate whether we need the NSA and the Military when GE is allowed to set up factories in China and Dubai is allowed to buy weapons manufacturing plants in the USA (no kidding).
edit on 28-5-2012 by VitriolAndAngst because: grammar err0rs

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
What can we do? We can have a communication revolution. And make it all worthless! Every single US citizen can start putting key words in all their online communication with a small disclaimer as to why. That includes siggies here on ATS, and other forums. Plus we can think of other things they would be looking for and swamp those also. For example using key words like bomb in every day phone discussions. "Wow that show really bombed." "I really want to blow up those garden slugs." Etc....

If this really is true, we could start a movement. But only if it really is true. Since they really shouldn't be invading our privacy.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I don't believe they would need a place like this to record everything!

They can already record most things on the internet - it's called google.

As for expanding it to phone and private email- I don't think it would require a huge complex like this one.
Maybe a building or two at an existing NSA site but not this huge place. Memory is cheap and small.

Something else is going on.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Wow.....When I first read this post, I thought....if the world is going to be hit with meteor/flooded/flipped/invaded by ET/and all that jazz, why are they spending this vast amount of money on a project that talks of going live in 2013?!

I would have thought that the money and resources would be better used for bunkers/ships/more banks
/ so if I read into this literally, the US Gov are telling us nothing is going to happen in 2012 otherwise they wouldn't be building this "data centre"......or would they?

or

Is this just a very expensive looking pantomime, contrived to distract and occupy the masses from the real truth?

Thoughts on a postcard

p.s its behind you!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The fact that the UDC is public knowledge makes me believe that either its real purpose is not what is publicly known or that it's real purpose is being performed somewhere else.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Antifascist calling blog had an article on this recently. I recommend most of his/her articles, but if you go to the page, you have to scroll down one or two articles to find the one about this data-mining, dragnet over in Utah...

the site is: www.antifascist-calling.blogspot.com...

Just went to the page to verify. It's chronological, so the first article is the most recent. The second article also deals with internet privacy and control issues, but the one about Utah is the third (April 22nd's) article.

He/she posts these articles, always backed up with a plethora of sources, about every other sunday, so it's worth checking in a couple times a month. I have been for a few years now.

**The author really enjoys using the verb "aver", up to a dozen times in one article - that is my only criticism of the writing put forth, otherwise, very informative.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Code Name: Sunny Astral Delight or SAD for short.

It disables every single electronic component on the face of the planet for a very long time despite how much shielding it has.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
What can we do? We can have a communication revolution. And make it all worthless! Every single US citizen can start putting key words in all their online communication with a small disclaimer as to why. That includes siggies here on ATS, and other forums. Plus we can think of other things they would be looking for and swamp those also. For example using key words like bomb in every day phone discussions. "Wow that show really bombed." "I really want to blow up those garden slugs." Etc....

If this really is true, we could start a movement. But only if it really is true. Since they really shouldn't be invading our privacy.

"Mohammed! Ita girl name Denise with a terrorist booty. She stay on my block with that NDAA style. That chicken head got those Taliban eyes and libertarian extensions and she went straight Ron Paul on my azz. But some private contractors say she a ho."

Something like that, you mean? Hmmm...I think it would make the conversations about as meaningless to the wiretappers as to the average interlocutor...and, if all communication descended into chaotic ramblings, our problem might just be solved anyway. Then again, I do get some meaning out of that made-up paragraph...interesting, but meaning nonetheless.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
A good investment, will no doubt be for other undisclosed purposes to,

There's a reason they call private industry private.

Because they're plotting to kill everybody???
gimme a break will ya, i've had enough of this paranoid BS now, seems to always come from people with over 60.000 posts, there is a reason for that to, they just don't get out much and mental instability ensues,

Its a facility to monitor the internet we all know the US said it would do so, it is the most attacked country on the planet by hackers on all levels, OHH and its a big mystery why they're investing in there security?

Everybody also know China and the US are engaged in a Cyber War, i'll leave it there

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I so want a job there!!!....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Don't worry. As soon as it's completed the earth will destroy the place. We have once again wasted a lot of money. Why should the people of America be responsible for paying for these kind of things and the secret technology of the military. It's not us who want to be a super power, it's a few power crazy people who want to dominate the world. So our national debt is our responsibility. The laws that have been created since 9/11 have been anti-liberty laws. The Terrorists were targeting our military and financial giants, not our people. All this expense to guard a corrupt Economy.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnlimitedSky
S & F. Thanks for posting this valuable info. We need to know this stuff.

Two things:

1. It is massive futuristic projects (possibly for the doom of eventual complete control of mankind?) that just makes all the coming doom threads fall to the ground. The underground bunkers and seed banks, built for "their protection and survival" if whatever they want us to believe that is going to happen happens, just does not make sense in the face of this billion dollar project.

Just trying to make sense of the madness of the paradox/controversy of these two developments. One under ground and the other above ground, but in my opinion, not above board.

2. Am I alone in thinking that this thing has way greater capacity than what is known even in this Opening Thread? Why do I have a feeling of horror at the possibility that the RFID chips, now starting to take off in US schools, and this massive project may possibly go hand in hand? Is this the coming of the beast, the absolute control over mankind, that makes me feel sick to my stomack, or am I seeing things that are not there?

Somehow, I think my gut feeling may not be far off.

I've thought that a few times, this is an 'investment' so TPTB are not planning for the world to end anytime soon. Change, maybe, but stuff like this is evidence they are planning for the future.

The problem with tech like this is power corrupts, and having this kind of power is more than open to be exploited and used unfairly against people. On the one hand, it would be good stopping or intercepting terrorists, but that's not the only reason they are doing it, it's imposing further control, and less privacy (well no privacy) on the average person.

I also agree with your point on RFID- they've invested heavily into that industry, and in the near future, there will be an effort to get people chipped in the name of security- identify theft, medical, financial, security, there's so many seemingly legit ways to bring the microchipping of people in, the world just needs a few more 'nudges' and they'll push for it, many may well even a microship to make them feel safer.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The main objective of this type of organization is to gain access and then provide credible intelligence gathering of all affiliated individuals who are in communication with intended suspect,its a very large and cumbersome organization that will have very little fluidity with regards to mobile threats,
however once this huge bi*****ch is on your back you will never shake her off,once government or affiliated task forces green light you as a credible threat for whatever reason[non have to be given] it all stops including your everyday life hence the NDAA act ,there is no u turn and if you think im speaking sh***t come back in a year after 2012 presidential elections ,if this site is even still allowed to continue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join