It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I don't like white people" Says the young Mexican American Girl.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, I was at a BBQ yesterday enjoying the nice weather we have been having up here in the Pacific NW. I was at a Mexican American family’s house, friends of my cousin. Real nice people, I have known them for a few years and they have always been really cool. I went to this BBQ with my grandma and my cousin. Now my grandma is %100 Mexican, She married a Dutch man, had my mom who is a half Mexican half Dutch (Weird combo). My mom married my dad who is primarily Scottish and they had me. 1/4 Mexican, 1/4 Dutch, 1/2 Scottish. In other words I am an American mutt with relatives descending from different corners of the world, like many Americans are. And I got the blonde hair from my dutch side.

Anyway, were hanging out grilling, BSing', having a few beers, ya know, things that you do at a BBQ. People brought their kids and the kids were inside playing ps3. My cousin (25 years old) invited me in to get in on a game. He is pretty much the same mix as me but his dad was German. He dresses differently then me, and listens to rap, so his clothing kind of reflects that (baggy). I am just a normal dude, jeans, t shirt, hat, stuff that fits comfortably.

I follow him upstairs and he introduces me, I wave, blah, blah. Then some young chick maybe 16 says "I don't like white people" after my cousin introduced me. I’m 20 btw.

Shocked, I kind of just looked at her, shook my head and walked out. Wft. I’m 4 years older then her and a male so of course I can't go off on her like I wanted to.

Now I have never met or seen this person before in my life, and she has the audacity to look at me and state that she doesn't like white people, right after I walk in the room, haven’t even sat down or said anything yet.

I was 16 once, and I was a little ahole to say the least. But this is just dumb. Everyone has the right to their opinion, and I exercise that a lot, But such ignorant words coming from a ditzy young Mexican girl who probably couldn't even explain why she doesn't like white people pissed me off.

After that things were just weird, so I decided to leave the party.

Woke up this morning, still shocked, and still white.

Rant over.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Sometimes girls say stupid things if they think you might be interested in them.

link   
My comment would've been, "And that makes you a racist." And then I would've stayed in the room and simply ignored her the rest of the time.

Racism is racism, no matter what the source or the reasoning. And it's all inexcusable.

link   
People are racist, it happens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Not interested whatsoever. The first time I had ever seen her was when I walked into that room. I stayed for literally 20 seconds before I walked out.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You should have said, "Cool story, bro," while proceeding to enjoy the company of your cousin. Why get offended...unless...is this your first time experiencing this? Well, guess what man, it happens to a lot of minorities and a lot of non-minorities on a daily basis around the world. I could understand if it was a group of older people or a big strapping man who said it (then you have a problem that must be addressed), but it was a little girl. Next time it happens, let it slide off and enjoy time with your family. Ignoring it would have allowed the girl to understand just how insignificant and ignorant her mindset was. It would have been a nice intellectual slap to the ego.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Yep.....kids can be racists too. No age limit on racism (though one can hope that they grow out of it when they mature)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
reply to post by satron

Not interested whatsoever. The first time I had ever seen her was when I walked into that room. I stayed for literally 20 seconds before I walked out.

Yep, that's how it happens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Not a big deal. I would have just laughed it off and said "and that makes you special" or something along the lines. Carried on to live another day and probably try to make her feel awkward for the rest of that day...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

since when is 16 a little girl? At 16 you should be on your way to adult hood, you should have more common sense and a little bit of tact. Giving this girl a pass because of her age is moronic racism is racism from the age you learn to speak to the day you die.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Im really not as mad as I am shocked I guess.

Hell, when I was 16 I had a car, a girlfriend, a job. It isn't that young.

I just kind of got the feeling like wtf did I do, ya know? Im sure anyone would. I wonder what made her not like white people. Maybe a white person was racist twards her, so she feels that all white people are bad.

I felt like a single marshmallow in a cup of coco.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by llmacgregor

Everyone needs to grow up eventually, and that had the potential to be a moment of growing up for that particular 16-year-old toddler. Someone will eventually have to give her worldview a swift kick in the teeth, or she'll just continue being another useless carbon sack.

Age difference ain't no thing. It's always hunting season for stupid.
edit on 27/5/2012 by CrikeyMagnet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Translation, she liked you right off the bat, and that conflicted with her being taught that she shouldn't like white guys.

Her dad would be really upset if she brought home a white guy. Maybe her brother would beat her up.

Reminds me of this young Mexican girl who was about 10-15 years younger than me. When she first showed up on the job she introduced herself to me, and every time she would see me, she would stop to chat. She was only stopping to talk to me, not the other guys in the area, but she would point out that she only liked Mexican guys.

You got to sneak off with her, so her dad and brother don't find out.

Lots of racism going on.

You should have asked her, "Why don't you like white guys?, and why tell me?"

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sounds like stupid 16 year old comment that could reflect what she has heard from some of her peers.

Maybe you should have asked her what her reasons for feeling that way were?

Honestly, she sounds like a Hispanic teenager(I'm assuming she was Hispanic) just echoing what some of her peers maybe saying, and it could be related to just dating.

hard to know unless you ask why?

I hope you aren't letting this get to you too much, it isn't worth it.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Nah, Its not getting to me. Ive let it go. Her problem with white people is not my problem.

She is 16, im 20....ehhhh I like my girls a little more legal.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
One day she'll be with a white man for saying that. When I was younger, I had some awful experiences with Native teenagers, and ended up saying that I didn't like Natives in general only except for the older and more matured Native. But as the years went by I asked out a Native girl on POF. We hung out and got to know each other. I visited most of her family. I got along well but some cases got uncomfortable when everyone was looking at me. lol but I like one of her uncles' he's a pretty funny guy.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
Nah, Its not getting to me. Ive let it go. Her problem with white people is not my problem.

She is 16, im 20....ehhhh I like my girls a little more legal.

I didn't mean to imply that you were trying to hook up with her , just thinking it was an offhand comment she made thinking in her mind it could be possible.

You never know what could be running through the mind of a hormonal 16 year old.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Lol, Maybe I should look at this differently. She thought I was attractive.......A little confidence boost disguised as a racist comment! She wanted a piece of this.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
It seems like its all the rage not to like white people. I mean its much more vocal now, kids are probably mimicking the BS their parents blabber. WIth La Raza ( since we're mentioning a mexican american) ... thats what its all about. Even the name. Anyway, Some people will dig on white people when Im around.. then they discover I married a white guy and have 1/2 white kids.
I will tell you this, I have never been disrespected or harmed by a white person. Other races.. definitely. Whites have always been very civilized toward me. Its a shame minorities are behaving so hateful just because they can. Why would they do the things they hated when it was done to them? Weird.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
i really hate the term "minorities"

threre only seems to be one minority in my expieriences:
nice, civilized, respectful HUMAN BEINGS.

let's abolish that term. how can minorities exist when there is only one race? the human race.

so stupid, so blind, so ignorant.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join