It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has someone replied to your post?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Been thinking about this for a while now. Its a simple idea. Maybe its a feature that ATS already has but i've some how missed it - - - the ability to know if someone has replied to something you have posted in a thread. Maybe and idea, a contribution or just your opinion.

It is something that bugs me that somebody may have read something i have posted and replied to me to get a discussion going or to correct me ect, and i may never know because the next time i look at the thread its 10 pages long and i just dont have the time to read every single page like some lucky members do (you know who you are
)

I dont know if this is a function that cannot be incorporated for some reason or like i've said, it already exists. But a little button on the Home page saying "replies to your posts" would be great and make ATS just that little bit better.

Thoughts? Good idea or bad idea? There must be a reason this has not already been done right?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Go to your messages here and then look for this option:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/gj4fb7b040.jpg[/atsimg]

It's a list of all members who have replied to your posts with a link to the replying post.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Go into the messages folder on the ribbon at the bottom, go to the replies section and you can see who has directly relied to you.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

beat me too it and with nice little pic too.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Never mind, its the thought that counts

Thank you RA, this will make my life a whole lot easier. Cant believe i hadnt seen that

ATS just got that little bit better.
edit on 27-5-2012 by iksose7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

lol, Ohh don't worry, It's a commonly missed feature unfortunately, and a really helpful one too! I check mine as much as I check the recent posts page (which is.. a lot
).

Glad you know about it now though.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Maybe a new member instruction video that explains all the features of using the site. It wouldn't be hard to make because there aren't that many features. It would last less than thirty seconds.
Appropriate times for
and
should be taught. otherwise people could get
and think someone is
at them or calling them
just because they are
about their

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Haha well i'll be doing the same from here on out. Thanks again

reply to post by rickymouse

Now that was confusing!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

i may never know because the next time i look at the thread its 10 pages long and i just dont have the time to read every single page like some lucky members do (you know who you are )

I prefer to read every page in a thread. I also didn't realize I was so lucky.

In fact, I read a lot more than I post. But then again, I love reading.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is a great. I've thought for a while that it would be nice if there were someway you were notified of a response.

It is now in my favorites and I will go there first. To all who responded and I didn't answer, sorry. Now I know.
edit on 5/27/2012 by TXTriker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
reply to post by iksose7

i may never know because the next time i look at the thread its 10 pages long and i just dont have the time to read every single page like some lucky members do (you know who you are )

I prefer to read every page in a thread. I also didn't realize I was so lucky.

In fact, I read a lot more than I post. But then again, I love reading.

Sorry if i sounded smug, i didnt mean to
i just dont have the time to read every page because i work all day and live in a field with no electricity (no joke) so i have a limited time to surf the web. And when i do, i usually spend that time on ATS just catching up on the basics of whats happening in the world, i.e only reading the first couple of pages of a thread that interests me

top topics

join