It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lloyd's has plans for Euro collapse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Id be more sympathetic for the people, if they didnt have maxed credit cards, large mortgages, early retirement and at times an arrogant approach to hard work.

If I went and mortgaged myself to the eyeballs, lived week to week on credit cards while working a job that had 'no future'... I would not expect sympathy from anyone... ESPECIALLY the government if i got kicked out and laid off.

Yes, the government are as guilty as the people, but for the people to riot and revolt in a fashion that makes them appear to be victims not of their own hand, makes me wonder if some deserve a little finance strain.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle
The Bank of England borrows its money from the City of London which is controlled by the Rothschilds and Oppenheimers. The Rothschilds control the IMF, World Bank and the BIS.

Let's not get hysterical and off-topic about something that is not really true. Truth is not made by the volume of poorly researched blogs and YouTube videos.

To topic. Lloyds is merely making contingencies against Greece forcing themselves out of the Euro by refusing to implement a programme which would balance their economy.

I feel very sorry for people in Greece, but they have spent the last few years living a dream of excess, coupled with a culture of tax avoidance. They have become a “take, take, take” society without consideration of the problems their behaviour was going to cause.

This may be unpalatable, but it is factual. While I think “austerity” is difficult, I think all countries need to live within their means and if that means a reduction in government spending then so-be-it.

The wider problem with the Euro is that it was a currency created for - and by - Germany and France which were already rich and had advanced economies. It is lucky that the UK had the wit to keep the pound sterling. If Greece had kept the drachma then would they have tried to spend like Germans? Probably not.

Regards

<< 1   >>

join