It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houla Massacre Analysis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Step One: Problem.

88-93 (according to estimates I've seen so far) people, apparently including many children, were reportedly killed in al-Houla, Homs province, on Saturday the 26th of May, 2012. Perpetrators of the attack have not been identified, with the Syrian government blaming a rebel force. The American government apparently blames the Syrian Assad government.

Step Two: Reaction.

Syria massacre in Houla condemned as outrage grows

Western nations are pressing for a response to the massacre in the Syrian town of Houla, with the US calling for an end to President Bashar al-Assad's "rule by murder".

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague has called for an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council this week.

Step Three: Solution.

Syrian War: The Prequel - 2007 New Yorker Article Exposed US-Israeli-Saudi Conspiracy to Overthrow Assad.

HASTY HAGUE POINTS HIS BLOODSOAKED FINGER AT SYRIA. BUT WHO DID HOULA?
edit on 27-5-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I love the hypocritical double standards of the US and our so called allies. Whenever NATO (The US) drops a bomb on a village in Afghanistan or Pakistan and it kills several civilian villagers, including women and children, its always a "tragic mistake".
They then offer bribes to the village, the relatives of the victims and the government to make it wall go away.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
I love the hypocritical double standards of the US and our so called allies. Whenever NATO (The US) drops a bomb on a village in Afghanistan or Pakistan and it kills several civilian villagers, including women and children, its always a "tragic mistake".
They then offer bribes to the village, the relatives of the victims and the government to make it wall go away.

They don't offer "bribes". They offer payment. It is the way of their people. They know that they can make more.

It is still hidieous though in my opinion, but I ask of you to research just a little bit more, rather than depending upon your emotions.

Some peoples cultures are way so much different than our own in the western world.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I know what its considered, payment,compensation, reparations,etc.. but what it comes down to is a bribe or "hush" money... sorry your entire family became collateral damage, heres 500 per head, err family member to make it all better.
While at the same time the US gives Karzai millions to try to keep the population calm everytime this happens.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I do understand, and in my mind, do not agree with it.

A life taken, whom you really love, does not have monetary value.

Only if the Governments involved would realize that it is not financially feasible in the long run. But that is the problem isn't it?

You just can't pay money to make the problem go away.

I love this world, but sometimes I hate it as well.

new topics

top topics

join