It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF to Outlaw Shotguns

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
"COULD result................CERTAIN TYPES...." blown up into a giant tabloid there goes the 2nd amendment crap.

GET REAL. It is not the ATF that wants to ban them it is the reptoids.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I have several shotguns. My thoughts are "Come and get'em".

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith
reply to post by scorpiosin

See what I mean? This is just the sort of attitude that gets gun owners a bad name !

You,re a very naughty boy, and you can,t have one !

I could not have demonstrated a nanny state mentality any better myself.

There is a difference between a nation of "subjects" and a nation "by the people, for the people."

The right to ownership of arms has very little to do with 'sport shooting' unless you consider shooting storm troopers to be a sport. You were raised in a very different environment. I suppose that is why you do not comprehend American's motivations on this matter.

In regards to the OP, I think it will be an interesting day if the BATFE passes such prohibitions and even more interesting the day that they try to enFORCE prohibition en-mass. Do you think the BATFE can rally enough troops to stomach disarming a nation block by bloody block?

I think the most likely attack will be subverting childrens minds in school and wining through propaganda what they cannot win through force. Well lets hope eternal vigilance proves to be more vigorous than the propaganda.
edit on 28-5-2012 by SanguineDenial because: typos

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Damn it! Suddenly all my shot guns are missing. Guess I'll have to report them stolen ....

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

The ban on any guns has left a big loophole.Black powder.You can buy them with no three day wait.All survialist get a black powder Pistol.You will never be out of ammo and they can carry six shots.Plenty of lead around (car batteries) and mercury fulminate is easy to make (primer caps) also those ring caps for toy guns work well I have tested that. Black powder is also easy to make.Pick up a couple extar cylinders you will always be armed.Even long after the bullets are gone.

The feds will never win.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
The 2nd amendment allows for a well armed and trained militia.This means militias should have equal fire power and training.As our army,how did the feds turn this into gun ownership?The 2nd amendment was added to prevent tryanny from our goverment which has been happening for the last 20 plus years.It was meant to arm the people to prevent.The very things that are happening today.Why do we sit back and let King george the 3rd types do this?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Penn and Teller are usually great
at calling out bull crap, this case
gun rights happen to be one of them.
The wording is very precise for a reason in the bill of rights.
The founding fathers knew that king george
tried to take away peoples guns so he could
come in and kill them easier. Same bull crap
going on back then, is going on today..
Conquer and rule.. The ATF is *letting*
people comment on this before making a decision,
oh really? Why thank you old mighty and wise
ATF we just are not safe without you...
Really, the ATF is bull#.
edit on 28-5-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
To me this is another step closer to implementing the UN’s Agenda 21 in America…Thanks BUSH!!!

Bush was never against guns. This is Obama's bag.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Damn that guy is a crack shot!

I see why they fear shotguns lol

I always thought of shotguns being quite a "blunt" weapon with heavy recoil but he just uses it single handed

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Now there is an idea I like.

Heck it's what soldiers did in the French & Indian war as well as the American War for Independence.
They picked the lead off the dead remelted and cast if necessary.

I would add that there are quite a few black powder designs that are quite accurate.
You could even make your own Volcanic rounds as they are a fitted round that work in a rifled weapon they can be even more accurate than standard black powder weapons.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Well, they have banned the importation of small caliber pistols back in the 60s or 70s based on the logic that cheap guns are a menace to society, therefore only the rich gun snobs should spend at least $350 to buy 9mm and up.

They have banned sub-machine guns that shoot pistol caliber rounds and are effective out to 150 yards on perfectly clear and calm days, up to 100 yards reliably though....................................................................

so what makes people think they will not ban shotguns that are capable of accepting magazines: ie military capabilities?

I think only automatic rifles should be banned and up, but that is only my opinion of course. Armor piercing rounds should be banned.

Personally I like .25acp and .32acp guns and have received lots of criticism both on ATS and YouTube. People flaming me for no good reason. I guess in america you got to have the biggest and badest BLING. Cadillacs and 4 bedroom appartments, gigantic swimming pools, etc.

Who gives a # about the ATF and america anymore?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Well, I'm glad I got my shotgun already. That baby is sweet and very "militarized". But I think something everyone is forgetting here is just because they put a ban on them, doesn't mean they're going to go around confiscating them. It will be just like with the automatic rifle ban where if you own it before the ban-you're good to go. But trying to buy it after the ban is a no-go. I'm not for this by any means, but I do feel like a lot of you are blowing this out of proportion.

Also, I think it's very interesting how if they ARE trying to plan for some sort of "takeover" like a lot of people are afraid of-they're trying to reduce the Army to it's' smallest numbers since the 1930's. That's coming from my brother who is high up in the Army. Also, they just got done cutting a HUGE chunk out of the Navy/Marines. Not all navy guys are just a bunch of port-hoppers. So if they're cutting all these guys who they've trained to fight a war, and these same guys have bought plenty of personal weapons..it's going to be a bad idea to try to come after them with any sort of door to door take-over, don't ya think? They all know how to organize quickly, and come out swingin as a group.
edit on 28-5-2012 by mechcb because: Added second paragraph

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

To me this is another step closer to implementing the UN’s Agenda 21 in America…Thanks BUSH!!!

Bush even allowed the assault weapons ban to expire. It was Clinton who signed it in. Anyone who tries to relate a Republican to anti-weapons obviously isn't paying much attention to whats going on.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm in the market for a nice shotgun, which will be promptly sawed off to a nice, legal 18". I'm also looking at a .223. They will complement our 9mm's quite nicely. Screw the UN and screw gun control. Crimes are committed by criminals with stolen or otherwise illegally obtained guns. This has nothing to do with the government trying to protect the people but rather the government trying to protect their own ass because they know when they finish destroying this country and all hell breaks loose, they will be in the sights.

When exactly did we forget that those bastards in Washington work for us!? They aren't our keepers and they aren't our rulers. And when did our representatives stop representing us? They vote on this crap and never even consider the will of the people any more. ObamaCare is a prime example; it was overwhelmingly rejected but he rammed it through using underhanded means.

It's one thing for the people to not realize what is going on and not be aware but for our own representatives to sit in Washington and watch it all take place without an objection is outright treasonous. When you sign treaties with and agreements with "World" organizations like the WHO, WTA, UN, etc, you are effectively nullifying our sovereignty. Is there not one person left in Washington who still cares about who we are and where we came from? I'm afraid the entire political pool has been poisoned with corruption centered in power and money. I truly disgusted, disappointed, saddened, outraged and frustrated, all at the same time. It's like I want to see Captain Justice fly into Washington and hang every last one of the corrupt bastards by their necks for running roughshod over this country and forgetting who pays their way and who they work for.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
surely banning shotguns will be a stupid task as i bet theres more of them in the USA than there is blades of grass so i'd hate to be an ATF guy having to knock on doors and ask for them unless you have a very good package that will look after your family after your death

What a dumb statement. The problem with AMERICANS like you is you come on a site and give it the large...!"oh if ATF come knocking for our shotguns blah blah blah"......you WONT do crap. Because you are all scared...without weapons your have nothing. You never stand up for any of YOUR constitutional rights BUT you do shout about them on boards and forums.

Give us all a break with your BS.....if the ATF come for your guns the only ones that will die are YOU people, the untrained mugs who will not stand a chance against the weight of a law enforcement agency.

However, I for one think GUNS are your RIGHT as stated in your worthless toilet paper constitution and when this piece if crap was drawn up the 2nd amendment was for the exact purpose of a tyrannical government and protection from IT.

Saying you will fight and fighting are two different things......SO FAR Americans have not fought anything against their government.....but they have massacred thousands of unarmed children in war torn countries. Try using that level of violence against your own government and maybe they may get the message because the USA is to blame for nearly all OUR freedoms being taken away.
edit on 28-5-2012 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You do know this bill was killed last year...right? It was never about the usual shotguns citizens own anyway. God, it is so sad to see how easily people are manipulated.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

I'm in the market for a nice shotgun, which will be promptly sawed off to a nice, legal 18". I'm also looking at a .223.

You might want to buy the shotgun with a short barrel to begin with. Sawing off the barrel can affect the pattern that the gun will shoot. Many people will say that they will only be shooting across the room, but if you are shooting larger shot such as buck, having a tighter pattern is never a bad thing, since there are far fewer pellets to make your shot count.
The ATF will be pretty picky if they check out your shortened barrel, so make sure that you measure accurately and measure from the right place on the gun, or you will have a shotgun that doesn't need new rules to be illegal.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You might want to buy the shotgun with a short barrel to begin with. Sawing off the barrel can affect the pattern that the gun will shoot.

and,,,,,
sawing off a Shotgun bbl in Cali could lead to a Ruby Ridge incident.

just sayin'

laws very state to state
edit on 28-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mechcb

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Bush even allowed the assault weapons ban to expire. It was Clinton who signed it in. Anyone who tries to relate a Republican to anti-weapons obviously isn't paying much attention to whats going on.

From the House vote on the AWB 1994:

Number of Democrats voting for the AWB: 50/53 (94.3%)
Number of Republicans voting for the AWB: 45/47 (95.7%)

More Republicans than Democrats vote for AWB

H.R. 6257 (110th): Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008

110th Congress, 2007–2009

To reinstate the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act.
Introduced:Jun 12, 2008
Sponsor:Sen. Mark Kirk [R-IL]

A Republican Wants Gun Control

So then, what were you saying?

CJ

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A few may, but I do not think we are that far gone? I would never hand over my shotguns, in fact I would say that as loud as I could and then wait for them to show. All it would take is a few of us to get wiped off the face of the earth and the rest of the county would be on fire.

I don't think a Jihad could hold a candle to the treachery real Americans could unleash. Keep pushing I guess...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join