It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if Christ wanted to teach you Himself?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Many people are calling themselves Christians because they've said a special incantantation (so-called "sinner's prayer"), performed certain rituals (baptism, communion, etc.) or joined an organization (church membership). But are they really following Christ? Do they show the evident fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control)? Or do they think they have a license to live the way they want as long as they have performed their rituals or given money (tithes, offerings, indulgences) to cover their sins?

Some people substitute churchianity (man-made organized religion based on rituals, membership, special buildings, and an elite priest/pastor class) for Christianity (following Christ). What if people stopped going to "church" and started going to Christ? Maybe it's time to wake up, come out of Babylon and seek the kingdom (within you).

What if Christ wanted to teach us Himself? Here is a good article that addresses this subject: www.hallvworthington.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well what if Christ isn't real? You Christians have twisted views on someone you've never met in your life, or maybe haven't in 2000 years.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Innerlight

I agree with the concept of learning from Him "directly" and not relying on organized religious philosophy and practice. However, I would like to add that IMO the bible is just one of many, many ways in which that can be accomplished.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

I agree with the concept of learning from Him "directly" and not relying on organized religious philosophy and practice. However, I would like to add that IMO the bible is just one of many, many ways in which that can be accomplished.

The bible is scriptures which were written by men who were moved by the spirit (the Word of God). So why not seek that same spirit. The light of truth is shining within you not in a book or an organization or another person's interpretations.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Innerlight
What if Christ wanted to teach us Himself?

He does…and that’s the whole point… because God is alive through his Spirit…

The reason I don’t call myself a Christian, is because I disagree with so many aspects of Christian theology. I haven’t done the rituals or the special incantation, and neither do I feel I, or anyone else, really needs too, in order to know Jesus. And neither do I attend some special church organization, to know that I belong to Christ. And as for giving money to a church, I would rather give what I have to homeless people living on the streets.

- JC

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

He did teach me himself. And the way he did it, most christians would run from. I'm no Christian.

He said these 4 wise sentences that shot into my spirit right past my consciousness, so I could not wall off my ego or soul in time. I thought I was on the right track, meditating and eating better, and doing good for other people with no want of repayment...

I wasn't meant to remember these words, only my spirit was, but...

he said some things like this.
"You look out unto others like they need your help, but who the hell are you to know that." I was judgmental, and while that's not actually his words, because his seemed so much more perfect in their meaning.
"You do this thing and this thing and this thing, and expect others, to be better than that, what makes you think you're perfect?"

I can't remember anything else of those 4, but he was judging me, for my own sake.

from that part I have learned to forgive everyone, and to view us all as equals, no matter what it is we are doing or have done. We are all here together, and we are all the same one thing, so I better get used to it, was kind of the message.

Then he started turning into golden light, from his head and then down. I lost his outline, but then he pushed this glowing ball (in my avatar) in between our faces. We were starring directly into each others eyes, and he was abut 7 feet away, but he may as well have been right up against me, his eyes were so powerful.

This glowing orb pearl thing is in front of us and it's spinning and changing colors, mostly just blue lines and green lines.

He says, "You WILL be enlightened." emphasis not mine.

The meaning of that after the first part was that WE ALL are going to be enlightened, and we really don't have a choice about it hahahaha.
Not sure what that even means, maybe its just somewhere we all go at some point, or maybe all of us now are going to be enlightened here on earth? I wasn't meant to understand this part with my ego either.

Then the orb got too powerful and I was scared (It was changing me somehow with energy) He asked me, "are you scarred?" "No." and he obviously didn't need me to answer that, because he left, and let me back into my dream, in which I had gone to bed and met him in. I ran around telling everyone about my "dream" but then I woke up back into here. I had a 2 layer dream, but the second layer didn't seem like a dream at all.

I have noticed most christians are likely to judge people, and think they can help them. If they think like this, it's not following Jesus. I won't judge them for it though, they're just as cool as I'll ever be. Gay people, alcoholics, petty thieves, cannot be looked down upon. If any of that is "bad" it is for their soul and their piece of god to fix, it's not your job to tell them how you can fix it. Just be there for them, and help them as your brother or friend, but never think you are better than the whore on the street, it's all God to me.

I hope you understand this sentiment. It IS what Jesus taught me.

From OP's article long article..

If you want to give and make God happy, give to the poor, not to religions, (but not to false prophets, rich or poor).

Christ said, "you will know them by their fruits;"
if they are His, they have: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control.
"By your producing of much fruit, my Father is honored and glorified,
and you show that you are truly my disciples [true followers]." John 15:8
If your minister has not produced the fruit of the Spirit, he is not even a follower of Christ, much less a minister of Christ;
in fact, according to Christ, he is a false prophet. In John's time, many false prophets had already gone out into the world:

You have to actually produce fruit ie. help people to be a follower of Christ. Give to poor people with no strings attached. Don't give to false prophets or churches... Cause positive change, and bear the good fruit.

~Dusty
edit on 5/27/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Church is just the fundamentals of Christ and God. The next step is developing a direct relationship with him as you speak of. Too many in the church are afraid to speak up and ask questions, for good reason, so they continue living how the pastor says live. When in fact, people should be going to Father for direction.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

The bible is scriptures which were written by men who were moved by the spirit (the Word of God). So why not seek that same spirit. The light of truth is shining within you not in a book or an organization or another person's interpretations.

I completely agree.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The "church" (Ekklesia) is the invisible Body of Christ. It's great and edifying to meet with other members of the body for corporate worship, that's always fun. But when people look to certain acts or rituals to justify themselves to God that's religion, not a relationship with Christ.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I completely agree.

That's because you are Open 2 Truth.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Many people are calling themselves Christians because they've said a special incantantation (so-called "sinner's prayer"), performed certain rituals (baptism, communion, etc.) or joined an organization (church membership). But are they really following Christ? Do they show the evident fruit of the spirit (love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control)? Or do they think they have a license to live the way they want as long as they have performed their rituals or given money (tithes, offerings, indulgences) to cover their sins?

Christians are human, and fall prey to human weakness, though it is something they are supposed to try and rise above through faith.

Christianity can also be very confusing with its messages. We are to turn the other cheek, yet we are also asked to lay down our lives for our brethren.

If a Christian fights to the death to save one of his brethren, does that mean they have lost all gentleness , kindness, goodness, forbearance ?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Some people substitute churchianity (man-made organized religion based on rituals, membership, special buildings, and an elite priest/pastor class) for Christianity (following Christ). What if people stopped going to "church" and started going to Christ? Maybe it's time to wake up, come out of Babylon and seek the kingdom (within you).

What if Christ wanted to teach us Himself? Here is a good article that addresses this subject: www.hallvworthington.com...

You make some good observations. These days the organized churches are not the body of Jesus and more like the body of Satan or anti-Christ. Yes, just as Revelations foretells the organized churches so lost the real Jesus message that they are anti-Christ.

There is enough teachings in the words kept from Jesus times to figure out that his return is based upon Reincarnation theme within the individual persons. What keeps this from happening is all the wrong turns organized churches put into the message to have people follow Bablyon's evil over Jesus.

The way to break the hold on the individual by the organized churches is to begin to read other information on Sundays and Discover the Book of Enoch. Read bace even further and investigate the Sumerian Tablets and Cylinders, and you will find what started the god themes of the old days.

Once that information is under your learning belt, then read the Jesus and Biblical Narratives with this greater knowledge and literally the right message from Jesus own words will build correctly into your mind.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidtheriault
Well what if Christ isn't real? You Christians have twisted views on someone you've never met in your life, or maybe haven't in 2000 years.

Do not really matter if he is real or not since there are true spiritual knowledge and wisdom in the teaching just like there is spiritual knowledge in buddhas teaching. But you should probably know of the concept of the dualistic nature of the world and that enlightenment comes from losing that viewpoint and your ego so that you can see the thruths behind some of the messages in the bible to understand Jesus. If you think duality is right then the mesage might become an egotrip instead and the reader will miss the true message totaly.

new topics

top topics

join