It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[snip] this holiday weekend

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Sounds like San Diego. I have to deal with idiot tourists all the time.

And they always, ALWAYS complain when the weather isn't sunny and cloudless.

"Waaaaahhhhh! It's raining! I thought San Diego is supposed to be a sunny paradise!"

We're in a drought, shut up and deal with it.

oh you're supposed to smile and say "We'll clear the weather right up for you"
you're supposed to make them feel special.
we're privileged to have you here. NOT

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

I would rather berate them as harshly as possible. However, apparently that's the problem with society these days. Nobody sugar coats anything and doesn't tell it like it is. I've had to tell a guy from Wisconsin that rain isn't common and when we get it, it's a god send. He continued to say that San Diego should take measures to ensure it doesn't happen. Yes, someone actually said that.

Funny thing is I'm not even a native San Diego-an. Awesome place to live if you can afford it. But tourists ruin it most of the time.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot

I would rather berate them as harshly as possible. However, apparently that's the problem with society these days. Nobody sugar coats anything and doesn't tell it like it is. I've had to tell a guy from Wisconsin that rain isn't common and when we get it, it's a god send. He continued to say that San Diego should take measures to ensure it doesn't happen. Yes, someone actually said that.

Funny thing is I'm not even a native San Diego-an. Awesome place to live if you can afford it. But tourists ruin it most of the time.

That's pretty funny ...someone actually said that.

Oh we can't be politically incorrect or show anything remotely resembling common sense.
That would be to harsh or dare I say real.
Sugar coat it and be so fake it sickens people.

I've heard it's nice, that's the reason people go there.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I think Daniel Tosh said it best, and I'm paraphrasing here.

Tourists come to Southern California and rave about the weather. It's so nice. They say they would live here, but they like seasons. Yeah, I do, too. That's why I live in a place that skips all the crappy ones.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

Ohhhh I love having ALL the seasons. Just as you get sick of one the next starts.
And in the Northeast we didn't get a lot of snow this year. It was really mild. But Fall is the best up here with the leaves and Halloween stuff.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join