It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where are the "HIGH LEVEL" masons?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnaCarta19
But I wonder who can get away with what and still run the show.

It is kind of hard to get your name and photo out of the police blotter once it is published. We also do a criminal background check for new members.

You are also overlooking the fact that besides being adherent to the various laws that each Grand Lodge's home state has on the books a members can be expelled for such minor infractions such as drunkeness in the Lodge or carrying a weapon into the lodge.

The king is rarely truly subject to the laws that he decrees upon on his people.

Since each Grand Lodge elects a new Grand Master each year there is no 'king'.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ok my reply got deleted or something, please tell me you saw it

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MagnaCarta19

My point is not irrelevant. Your words are founded upon hearsay of an electronic phantom. As I said before, in such a tight knit group, they'd know of a leak and who it was.

Talking of the degree structure, each of the United States has its own Grand Lodge, there is nothing over each of them. The main York Rite degrees and orders due cover those, but have several invitational and honorary bodies. It should also be noted that the American York Rite is different from similar bodies practiced in such places like England. I also note that the Scottish doesn't have 33-degrees, but goes up to the number 33 as they do not confer the first 3 degrees.

You should also realize that most Blue Lodges are geared towards the York Rite than Scottish Rite.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

No I believe my words were founded on hypothesis of the electronic phantom. Do you have to be part of a tight-knight group to have information about them? Again if you imply that I'm swallowing the words of one man on the internet wholesale you're missing the point, it's also not true

Ok, so there are certain hierarchies that effectively go up to 33 degrees (as also confirmed by the other guy). I'm sure you could lecture me on the details and discrepancies for many hours.

Ok, I've realized it.. point being?
edit on 5-6-2012 by MagnaCarta19 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagnaCarta19
Ok my reply got deleted or something, please tell me you saw it

I responded to all of your posts.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Well, if they are as uber, super secret as you say they are, I would believe that it would be against their wishes to allow any information to be let out. I'm also sure it would be easy to ensure that with such small membership.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

drunkeness in the Lodge or carrying a weapon into the lodge.

I've never heard this before? During degree work the candidate cannot have a weapon, but during any regularly stated meeting half my Lodge is armed. Actually, I would think closer to 100% have knives, about 50% have concealed guns, and there are always 2 or 3 with open carry or law enforcement guns.

There are many guys that get together before and after Lodge for drinks, and in some states (including yours I think), the have an oasis at the Lodge.

Now, I have heard of people getting Masonic charges for violence against a brother, or racism, or even pushing a political agenda, but I've never heard of it for weapons or drunkenness?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

A couple of comments going back to the original assertion.

Masons don't knock on doors because it's contrary to all we stand for. As a mason I believe strongly that a man should join ONLY out of his own interest and free will.

The whole of "masonry" or even a single lodge is not considered "enlightened" by any means. Enlightenment is a possibility for a mason (or indeed any person) and Freemasonry does not promise or claim to be a means to this end.

A lot of the disdain and confusion from non-masons centers around the fact that Freemasonry as a whole has no political or religious agenda. Such a thing would be abhorrent to our principles.

Freemasonry is so incredibly decentralized (in the US anyway) that even if a particular lodge had an outside agenda it would fall apart. Imagine a government founded on pure democracy in which any person could be President, but he or she would only serve one year and have no executive power or ability to issue directives or mandates, AND he or she could not discuss or participate in political discussion or religion.

Logically, even from an outside perspective, Freemasonry is either a tightly-knit, powerful and secretive organization (in which case an outsider with an anti-Masonic agenda would be easily discovered and removed) or we are loosely-organized and decentralized organization that holds no real power (in which case an outsider with an anti-Masonic agenda would be bored and pointless).

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
...weapons or drunkenness?

No weapons and since we serve alcohol you can not imbibe to drunkeness prior to lodge and drinking to excess after loge is strongly frowned upon.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

Originally posted by getreadyalready
...weapons or drunkenness?

No weapons and since we serve alcohol you can not imbibe to drunkeness prior to lodge and drinking to excess after loge is strongly frowned upon.

yea, we get all bloated and then you get that kind of sick feeling. You know, when you have had too much sugar? Then you have to pee really bad. Drinking to excess is a bad idea. Two glasses of tea is my limit.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

All the guys and their ladies like to drink wine with dinner before the meeting out here.

Me and a couple of the brothers like to sneak out back and have a couple cold ones before lodge. Never in excess, always in moderation . Goes good with a ceegar too.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Do you or any of your brothers share George Washington's love for Indian Hemp?

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by protocolsoflove

Only high level Freemasons.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Never touched the stuff, but some of friends are fans. I'm a pure whiskey and beer fan myself.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by protocolsoflove
reply to post by W3RLIED2

Do you or any of your brothers share George Washington's love for Indian Hemp?

Is it legal? We take an obligation to uphold the laws of the land and act as good and upstanding citizens. So, if it isn't legal, then we shouldn't be doing it.

I'm sure there are plenty who do partake of some recreational things that may have been inappropriately banned, but it would never be talked about openly in or around the Lodge.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

I rarely drink. To quote a friend from Vancouver, BC: "We don't do stupid drugs like alcohol". But when I do it's a Jameson and a Budweiser. A whiskey a day keeps the doctor away haha.

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
If I had to guess there all Shriners
They got it figured out, who would ever suspect a guy driving around on a motorized bike wth 2" wheels as being a high level mason?

Hey....think about it

posted on Jun, 8 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Legal in this state... You know medicinally and all.

Kind of off the topic but what a Mason does in his own privacy won't be questioned. High level or not.

Networkdude could make some really good sweet tea out of it, too........

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I do have a special spot for Jameson myself.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I think I see a high level one hiding under this cinder block

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join