It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Babylon Hijacked Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NOTurTypical

That is not what my research suggests. The Council of Nicea was presided over by Constantine...and that in itself says everything.

Thats why I said your research leaves much to be desired. Google Theodosius I and the Edict of Thessolinica. Its a common mistake, im trying to educate you. Constantine only legalized Christianity and the Council of Nicaea was mainly convened to address the Arian heresy and to nail down a date for Easter.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And they did not vote upon any other facets of Christianity?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Nothing of any consequence.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

That we know of

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FourSight

That we know of

Well, it is sorta impossible to prove a negative. There are not letters from those men saying:

"Hey guys, at Nicaea we never discussed or voted on X."

The synods and the minutes of the council are known however.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Innerlight

You don't know much about Babylon, or their ancestors the Sumerians. Why would you go and make a thread proclaiming something, when you do not understand half of the things you're making claims about? Sumero-Babylonian religion, or Mesopotamian religion as it is usually called, is much, much, much more internal and spiritual than you give it credit for being. This comes from a biased understanding of Sumero-Babylonian religion based on Biblical slander and lies. Don't believe what the Bible says, the Jews, the Apostles, the Pope, and the Church itself have all lied to you.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by bwj2012
How do you hijack a religion before it even starts? Christianity didnt officially begin for at least 20 years after Jesus death/resurrection/ascension. Its more like christianity hijacked all the earlier religions and molded that into what they wanted.

Technically Christianity was born 50 days after His death, which was Pentecost. But what the OP means is the Babylonian system, "Mystery Babylon". The model is a fatherlike figure, a sonlike figure, and a queen of heaven like figure. Modeled after Nimrod, Tammuz, and Simiramus. The Christian (Catholic really) version is the father, the son and Mary. They also have Babylonian holidays and rituals, Christmas, Easter, etc, Babylonian rituals, infant baptism etc.

Some of the christian "sects" would place their beginning at this time, or at the death of christ. Many sects which see importance (usually redemption) in the actual death of Christ, which not all Christian groups do....

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
only on ats you get a christian and a average person bickering and the average person gets like 10 stars and the christian nothing

i'm not interested, what i am interested in is the relationship between the church and Babylonian religion. Babylonian fish-god Pope fish hat

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Some verses to back up what you're talking about would be nice.

Are you a Christian or something else?

The one part in revelations about the whore some say is talking about the catholic church.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join