It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Babylon Hijacked Christianity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The hijacking of Christianity is not a recent development. It was already occurring in the time of the Apostles. Jesus said the false prophets in sheep's clothing would come. John said the antichrists and false apostles had come and had gone out from among them. Peter saw the false teachers had come. Paul and Jude saw the false apostles had come, and warned the brothers night and day for three years of more coming. And in Revelation, John saw where the whole world was to go after the false prophets and the false church, which occurred shortly afterwards. The false church is Revelation's whore of Babylon, riding the beast of many names [30,000 sects in Christendom], with horns like a lamb [that resembles the true church], but who speaks like a dragon [men speaking from their carnal minds, which is enmity with God, and their vain opinions from their evil imaginations] instead of speaking words supplied by the Holy Spirit, as Jesus and the Apostles did.

See: www.hallvworthington.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Innerlight

What?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Thats over 38,000 sects of the one true god

en.wikipedia.org...
LOL
( god DOES have sexts...once in a while..)
but yeah...
Didn't Babylon exist BEFORE christianity?

Maybe "created" might be a better word.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

You have that backwards. And sideways. Maybe even upside down.

The Babylonians religion was a transition from the religion of the Sumerians

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yes the Babylonian religion existed before Christianity. After true Christianity (followers of Christ) arrived, it was taken over by people like Constantine and others who turned it back into a Babylonian religion based on outward forms, rituals, and observing special days, with priests controlling and taking money in exchange for sacrifices. True Christianity is an inward parth of enlightenment (the light of the world) which results in love, peace, patience, kindness, joy, humility... not what you see with most so-called Christians and other religious people today.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Babylon didn't hijack Christianity.

Constantine did.

He took stories from other religions, in either an attempt to unify all religions and faiths to prevent holy war, or to imbue the Jesus persona with godly power, thereby instilling power in the Church Constantine founded.

edit on 27-5-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Babylon is much more than just a city and a particular religion. It goes much deeper than that. For an in depth analysis of Babylon and Christianity see also: www.hallvworthington.com...

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Babylon didn't hijack Christianity.

Constantine did.

He took stories from other religions, in either an attempt to unify all religions and faiths to prevent holy war, or to imbue the Jesus persona with godly power, thereby instilling power in the Church Constantine founded.

Man your history sucks, did you get it from Dan Brown? Constantine only LEGALIZED Christianity, his 2nd successor Theodosius I was the emperor who made it the official religion of the empire.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Reading over those two people's website I feel bad for them. It's like they have never tried to look at the Greek. They fail miserably in their understanding of the plain reading of the English, which really rests upon the ridiculously precise Greek to begin with. Sure, there are some challenging areas of the English, but all the terms they try and re-define are in error, and just a simple Greek word study would fix their problems.

They are teaching a works-based justification.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Innerlight
Yes the Babylonian religion existed before Christianity. After true Christianity (followers of Christ) arrived, it was taken over by people like Constantine and others who turned it back into a Babylonian religion based on outward forms, rituals, and observing special days, with priests controlling and taking money in exchange for sacrifices. True Christianity is an inward parth of enlightenment (the light of the world) which results in love, peace, patience, kindness, joy, humility... not what you see with most so-called Christians and other religious people today.

Again, not Constantine, but Theodosius I. Constantine only legalized Christianity. Now, I'll give you one point, when Christianity was made the official religion of the Empire that was the absolute worst thing that could be done to the faith. And that bastardized form of Christianity is Roman Catholicism, not apostolic Christianity. Remember the Christians were the ones being murdered by the Catholics... to about the tune of 18+ million of them dead.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
How do you hijack a religion before it even starts? Christianity didnt officially begin for at least 20 years after Jesus death/resurrection/ascension. Its more like christianity hijacked all the earlier religions and molded that into what they wanted.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwj2012
How do you hijack a religion before it even starts? Christianity didnt officially begin for at least 20 years after Jesus death/resurrection/ascension. Its more like christianity hijacked all the earlier religions and molded that into what they wanted.

Technically Christianity was born 50 days after His death, which was Pentecost. But what the OP means is the Babylonian system, "Mystery Babylon". The model is a fatherlike figure, a sonlike figure, and a queen of heaven like figure. Modeled after Nimrod, Tammuz, and Simiramus. The Christian (Catholic really) version is the father, the son and Mary. They also have Babylonian holidays and rituals, Christmas, Easter, etc, Babylonian rituals, infant baptism etc.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I still think christianity hijacked babylon and not the other way around. I was just going by the dates of when the gospels were written. Seemed to be written like 20-40 years after pentecost. I guess it could be official without anything published.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by bwj2012
I still think christianity hijacked babylon and not the other way around. I was just going by the dates of when the gospels were written. Seemed to be written like 20-40 years after pentecost. I guess it could be official without anything published.

Well, yes, the gospels were written then, but the birth of Christianity, or the "church" (ekklesia) was at Pentecost, 50 days after Passover. The disciples evangelized with the Septuagint (LXX) and their oral testimony of Christ, their eye-witness accounts of Him. Their testimony was added to paper to be preserved when they were nearing death so that their testimony could continue after they passed on. And it's not the other way around, all pagan religions of the previous world empires that dealt with the Jews was a variation of the Babylonian model, a father-like figure, a son-like figure, and a queen of heaven like figure. That is "Mystery Babylon" spoken of in Revelation.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Please don't insult my research ethic.

Constantine then instructed Eusebius to organize the compilation of a uniform collection of new writings developed from primary aspects of the religious texts submitted at the council. His instructions were:

"Search ye these books, and whatever is good in them, that retain; but whatsoever is evil, that cast away. What is good in one book, unite ye with that which is good in another book. And whatsoever is thus brought together shall be called The Book of Books. And it shall be the doctrine of my people, which I will recommend unto all nations, that there shall be no more war for religions' sake."
(God's Book of Eskra, op. cit., chapter xlviii, paragraph 31)

"Make them to astonish" said Constantine, and "the books were written accordingly" (Life of Constantine, vol. iv, pp. 36-39). Eusebius amalgamated the "legendary tales of all the religious doctrines of the world together as one", using the standard god-myths from the presbyters' manuscripts as his exemplars. Merging the supernatural "god" stories of Mithra and Krishna with British Culdean beliefs effectively joined the orations of Eastern and Western presbyters together "to form a new universal belief" (ibid.). Constantine believed that the amalgamated collection of myths would unite variant and opposing religious factions under one representative story. Eusebius then arranged for scribes to produce "fifty sumptuous copies ... to be written on parchment in a legible manner, and in a convenient portable form, by professional scribes thoroughly accomplished in their art" (ibid.). "These orders," said Eusebius, "were followed by the immediate execution of the work itself ... we sent him [Constantine] magnificently and elaborately bound volumes of three-fold and four-fold forms" (Life of Constantine, vol. iv, p. 36). They were the "New Testimonies", and this is the first mention (c. 331) of the New Testament in the historical record.

If you desire to look further into this, then here's the link:

Constantine

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bwj2012

It was around 200, actually. 20 years after his death was the time period during which his disciples made the rounds, spreading the word and such. Actual records weren't compiled until 200 to 300 years after the fact.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What "link"?? Who cares what your link says? The internet is flodded with false information. Constantine only legalized Christianity. His 2nd sucessor Emperor Theodosius I was the man who made it the official religion of the empire of Rome. This is historical fact, Constantine only legalized Christianity.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

And you are flooded with a desperate desire to believe in something that cannot fail, only because it cannot be disproven, using circular logic to keep itself afloat when all signs point to another answer.

You prefer the old ways, and it will eventually leaving you standing on air.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Sorry, actually I abhor revisionism. Constantine only legalized Christianity, Theodosius I made it the official religion of the Empire. Thats fact, google "Edict of Thessolinica". Dont get your history from fiction authors like Dan Brown, really bad idea.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

That is not what my research suggests. The Council of Nicea was presided over by Constantine...and that in itself says everything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join