It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Guess the Candidate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Below are 5 key points of a presidential candidate's position as listed in their Outreach Questionnaire for their party's nomination. Naturally, this platform will not appeal to everyone on this site, but I think it's interesting enough to be worth a look. I will reveal the candidate and party in a follow up post (along with a proper leak to the questionnaire which is worth reading in its entirety) but I wanted to have people read it with a somewhat more objective eyes. Enjoy!

1. OBLITERATION OF THE “TWO PARTY” SYSTEM – I will achieve this by becoming the first [Party Redacted] President of these United States as a result of our victory in the 2012 general election. I also believe it’s essential to do away with the Electoral College.

2. CORPORATIONS ARE NOT PEOPLE – I will introduce a Constitutional Amendment that will end corporate personhood and remove the unfair advantage that corporations have in influencing the decisions made in Washington.

3. ECONOMIC JUSTICE – As President of the United States, I will reinstate the Glass-Steagall Act of 1933 as well as bringing back the financial transaction tax that, for pennies on the dollar, will be a windfall for social programs in danger of being cut. I will remove the immoral cap on FICA tax for the rich. I will rewrite labor laws so that U.S. companies are bound by them even when they try to skirt them by shipping jobs overseas.

edit on 27-5-2012 by RobertAntonWeishaupt because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun May 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

edit on Sun May 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Just to clarify...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RobertAntonWeishaupt

So who is this mystery candidate?

green party website

Roseane Barr of the Green Party.

Now, my inner strategist can shoot many holes in Ms. Barr's chances of being elected. Most of these are related to largely non-material issues related to her entertainment career and periodic controversies over the years. Not to mention She-Devil which I think we can all agree was an awful film.
At the same time, I look at this platform and the fact that her level of celebrity might be able to bring some mainstream attention to the existence of Third Party Candidates, and I have to smile.

I don't know if I will vote for her (I am emphatically going to vote 3rd party this year no matter what), but I'll gladly let people know what she's up to.
edit on Sun May 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
She's got my vote, if Ron Paul doesn't get the Republican Nomination or run third party.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I would have to agree with all of the above.

1. The two party system is a joke. Politicians from both sides care nothing about what is best for this country just whats best for their party and the people that finance them.

2. Corporate person-hood is nothing more than a slap to the face of the average American. The person that came up with the idea of allowing companies to buy elections was a traitor to everyone in this country.

3. No corporation that moves jobs overseas should be getting any kind of tax break. That is just another slap to the face of Americans. We move your job overseas and get paid for doing it. The president that signed this was also a traitor.

4. It is high time we stopped the wasteful military spending. Move those bases back to the states where they belong.
edit on Sun May 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I like the idea of getting rid of the electoral college.

So what if in the future, there is no longer a "2 party system" but we have 5, and 1 person takes 1/3 of the states, another maybe 1/3, another 1/5, another about 14%... Don't you need a set number of states to "win" the presidency? then what happens when each of them have a shortfall?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
100% NO! I'd Rather have Michele Bauchman than her. I don't even like her in any thing she's ever been in. I don't want her ugly face and foul mouth representing my country. You'd have to pay me a lot of $$$ to vote for her, and I still might not do it.

That's also going farther left than Obama, plus they sound like OWS talking points...I guess she might be their candidate
edit on 27-5-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

This is like Obama ending the wars on day 1.

First the electoral college is in the Constitution. Not going to be changed.

What is she replacing the two party system with and how is she ending it? There will never be more than 2 major players in a winner take all type of election.

She needs to also pledge to make a mockery of the National Anthem, exactly who we need for president.

edit on 27-5-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I don't want her ugly face and foul mouth representing my country

I'd rather have an ugly chick that doesn't rip me off than a good looking (or average) one who does.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

She would be an awful president. She let's her emotions and hunger for attention take control over her actions rather than logic.

That's why she was one of the idiots that tweeted George Zimmerman's parents house after the Martin shooting. Endangering Zimmerman's parents aswell as Zimmerman (who is very likely an innocent man) because she bought into the initial news reports just as the rest of the public.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

You seem to be confused. I agree she would be a terrible president, but she is pro 2nd amendment.
Also Occupy is completely anti-Obama.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by RobertAntonWeishaupt

So who is this mystery candidate?

green party website

Roseane Barr of the Green Party.

Now, my inner strategist can shoot many holes in Ms. Barr's chances of being elected. Most of these are related to largely non-material issues related to her entertainment career and periodic controversies over the years. Not to mention She-Devil which I think we can all agree was an awful film.
At the same time, I look at this platform and the fact that her level of celebrity might be able to bring some mainstream attention to the existence of Third Party Candidates, and I have to smile.

I don't know if I will vote for her (I am emphatically going to vote 3rd party this year no matter what), but I'll gladly let people know what she's up to.
edit on Sun May 27 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: attempt to fix link

Actually, if I thought she had a snowball's chance in hades, I'd vote for her!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
As long as we're stretching things...
If we had to pick an actress for the office of POTUS, I think I'd pick Kathy Bates. She's a tough lady and doesn't take crap. IF we had to pick an actress.
An Actor, I'd probably pick Clint Eastwood, how can you not want Dirty Harry/ Josey Wales? Or Morgan Freeman. I'd even consider Bill Cosby as long as he didn't fill the Whitehouse freezer with puddinpops.
It's a shame George Carlin isn't around anymore

OHHHHH Tommy Lee Jones! ok, that's my pick!

I still think and will always think that Hillary Clinton has earned the right to be the first female President. Her poll numbers are definitely high enough to get her elected at the moment!
edit on 27-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

You seem to be confused. I agree she would be a terrible president, but she is pro 2nd amendment.

She is clearly anti-Constitution, as I proved in my earlier post.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I wasn't saying she isn't, I just said that she is pro 2nd amendment. At least she has made a lot of comments that would indicate this.

Besides are any of us being serious here? She's an idiot as I said in one of my previous comments.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Roseanne Barr is a joke and she can not even approach the subject of running for President in a serious fashion. A perfect example of this can be found in the link from the OP.

HEALTH CARE NOT WARFARE – Not only will I bring home all U.S. troops from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Mexico and the Horn of Africa, but I will also permanently shut down the 1,000-plus foreign U.S. military bases around the world. This would save more than enough money to implement a singlepayer health care system in the United States. Guantanamo Bay will remain open and that is where I will send anyone who opposes this plan. Just kidding on that last part.

The emphasis is mine.... notice how she ends this part of the question with a joke. A serious topic, and still she can not control herself enough to take it seriously and not tell jokes. If she unable to be serious long enough to fill out a form, why should anyway take her seriously?
edit on 28-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
Roseanne Barr is a joke and she can not even approach the subject of running for President in a serious fashion. A perfect example of this can be found in the link from the OP.

HEALTH CARE NOT WARFARE – Not only will I bring home all U.S. troops from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Yemen, Libya, Mexico and the Horn of Africa, but I will also permanently shut down the 1,000-plus foreign U.S. military bases around the world. This would save more than enough money to implement a singlepayer health care system in the United States. Guantanamo Bay will remain open and that is where I will send anyone who opposes this plan. Just kidding on that last part.

The emphasis is mine.... notice how she ends this part of the question with a joke. A serious topic, and still she can not control herself enough to take it seriously and not tell jokes. If she unable to be serious long enough to fill out a form, why should anyway take her seriously?
edit on 28-5-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

Yes, this is called a joke. People do this sometimes, especially comedians.

Amazing there is a person in the world who has never heard a joke before.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

I said her talking points sound like OWS. And she would be farther left than Obama. I never OWS supported Obama

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Being against the Electoral College does not make a person anti-constitution. People can talk about the E.C. being there geographic parity all they want, but that is clearly ridiculous for several reasons, but that is so ridiculous I am not going spend the time shredding it at the moment. Suffice to say that any serious research will show that the Electoral College is there to act as a final gateway between the People and the White House with the Electoral College having the power to deny the will of the people if it is determined to be in the "best interests" of the country.

There are plenty of things in the Constitution that have been changed via the entirely Constitutional Amendment Process. Voting rights, slavery and frankly, everything in the Bill of Rights are examples of the Constitution needing be updated and improved in order to remain true to its original spirit and intention. The E.C. could easily be another example of this.

And one more thing about the Geographic Parity canard: That's what the Senate is there for. All states are equal in the Senate and nothing can (theoretically) happen without Senate approval.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
1. Election of an independant (or even GREEN PARTY) candidate will NOT obliterate the two party system. It will simply return when she leaves office. An independant or Green President without any Party seats in Congress or the Senate would NOT abolish the two party system either.

2. If she thinks she will get enough support without GOP or Dem backing to reform the finance system, good luck to her. Reforming the corporate structure so that it will be illegal for corporations to take jobs overseas is just plain loony - forcing corporations to "hire American" will mean the price of EVERYTHING will skyrocket as they have to pay American Union rates to people making everything from Microchips to Medicine Bottles.

3. The President doesn't have the power to unilaterally amend the Constitution. Making this claim shows an amazing lack of knowledge about how Government works for a Presidential candidate. While the President can suggest Constitutional changes, it still needs approval. Changing the electoral college is a GREAT idea though, the US President, being that they don't have a constituency like in a parliamentary democracy, should be elected by a simple "50% plus one" vote count. Whomever gets the most votes of the TOTAL national vote should win the office, regardless of how individual states voted.

She wouldn't get my vote, were I an American.
edit on 28-5-2012 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul has my vote but if she starts to pull herself into the spotlight I would vote for her.

new topics

top topics

join