It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Circles: A Mystery That Transcends Microwaves, Lasers .. Or Stoned Wallabies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Found this interesting article on crop circles and thought I would share.

Some have said these elaborate etchings have been left behind by UFOs; others are quick to call them the work of highly artistic hoaxers.

I've always been skeptical of this phenomena, however I also accept that the possibility of some being genuine exists. Anyway, this professor seems to think that the "artists" are using new ways:

Now University of Oregon physicist Richard Taylor has suggested that crop circle artists using GPS devices, lasers and microwaves are responsible for the astonishing patterns of geometric forms found in the fields.

One thing, you can be sure of is hoaxers, so anyone think this theory holds any water? I'm not expert but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be done, any experts have an opinion on this?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The perfect geometry and immense size of some crop circles along with chemical changes in the crops mean only one thing. They are made by someone with more advanced science than what we have.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Bent stalks without breaking have been found in crop circles way before they knew how to reproduce it with microwaves. Witnesses have also seen strange lights moving in the sky where crop circles have formed. There is a heap out there about this. My favourite one is claudescommentary.com...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

One thing is certain: Whatever intelligence is capable of making these communications is advanced beyond us, and we can be sure that they do not live in a throw-away competitive society on a world of racial hatred, wars, pollution and dying species. Step one for this entire world may be to get our own act together, so that we can speak as a planet, with pride, and as Earthlings, emerging into cosmic consciousness.

A mixed bag here. The italicized part is a bunch of speculative New Age driven horsehockey.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The majority of crop circles (many of which are stunningly beautiful), are copycat-hoaxes of a real phenomena. As the poster above stated the 1-2% that aren't hoaxed present some strange characteristics. It seems like this has been going on for some time as well:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by clay2 baraka
The majority of crop circles (many of which are stunningly beautiful), are copycat-hoaxes of a real phenomena. As the poster above stated the 1-2% that aren't hoaxed present some strange characteristics. It seems like this has been going on for some time as well:

The 1%-2% that are not man-made is a percentage that is not supported by any crop circle-ologist that I know. Colin Andrews estimates 80%+ are man made, the rest he cannot determine, nor can anyone else, how they were accomplished.

Hence although they may not be alien per se, they are not made by man with any known science we have publicly available at present.
edit on 27-5-2012 by AlchemicalMonocular because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Always unsure about crop-circles,you see some & you think there is no way somebody could do all that without getting seen,yet a few weeks later a group comes forward.

Are they the work of higher beings ? i'd like to think a few crop-circles were done by UFO alien types but something tells me that 95% are by us humans & 5% by aliens of some type.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There are lots of picture galleries of them, but what I don't see is a good inventory of which ones were judged to be genuine. There are two gentlemen who live near Stonehenge and go out and check nearly every new formation in the area. One of them said in an interview that he hadn't seen a genuine formation in several years, implying that well over 90% are hoaxes. And he only mentioned one or two in that particular interview that were of the type that would require some possible secret microwave weapon, since nobody has successfully demonstrated creation of a crop circle with the characteristics, such as bent nodes, that set them apart from those made with stomping boards, as far as I know (although it has been a while since I've looked for new information on crop circles).

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
Always unsure about crop-circles,you see some & you think there is no way somebody could do all that without getting seen,yet a few weeks later a group comes forward.

Are they the work of higher beings ? i'd like to think a few crop-circles were done by UFO alien types but something tells me that 95% are by us humans & 5% by aliens of some type.

To be honest I've never seen a group come forward and claim responsibility, except for the old guys with string and planks, which was a joke.

Until I see a video of one being produced overnight by a group of people, I'll keep an open mind.

I just find it strange that no-one in all these years has gone to the newspapers or media to give proof of who's making these formations.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

To be honest I've never seen a group come forward and claim responsibility, except for the old guys with string and planks, which was a joke.

Have you looked for claims of responsibility ?

www.circlemakers.org...

Search crop circle makers and you will find

Crop circles are a real phenomenon stretching back centuries but they were just circles in the crop , what we see today is closer to crop art than crop circles .

Woodcut from Hertfordshire, England, 1678

edit on 27-5-2012 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

I've seen the ones in the sand and on snow too.
There's some great artists out there.
I'm not saying these people don't exist.

The video you posted shows these guys making one in daylight.
I don't believe these guys make them overnight using the same technique in the video.
They could prove me wrong by filming the making of one during the dark of night.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by lambros56

They could prove me wrong by filming the making of one during the dark of night.

They have , all you have to do is look for it .

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Maybe they're the work of some unknown species of intelligent, bioelectrogenic insect that forms discoid swarms, and when a swarm breaks up and another forms some distance away it creates the illusion of a discoid spacecraft that suddenly jumps from one location to another without regard for inertia.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Well, there ya go !
Brilliant !

new topics

top topics

join