It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fart joke leads to college student being arrested and charged

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
***snip***
PS: You are 4 times more likely to die in America from lightening, than terrorism in all its forms (both domestic & foreign)
***snip***

Since about 73 people die every year in America from lightning strikes (according to U.S. National Weather Service) it seems likely that you would have about 18 deaths from domestic &/or foreign terrorism.

And with the school shootings etc. that is almost a spot on figure.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by truseattleite
reply to post by smyleegrl

It does not say anywhere that he PUT a bomb in the library as you so put it. You claim you read this twice? Better take a third reading. It says that he said he passed a bomb in the library. So if you want to take it literally then it sounds like he was walking through the library and saw a bomb there. Still a far cry from having put one there himself. As for the use of bomb...people have been saying stuff like "Dude that was the bomb" etc, for years. This story is utterly insane and so is anyone that thinks he deserved this.

Doesn't anyone of the litterary genious's here actually remember that many young people in America (and elsewhere for that matter) hardly has the ability to string a sentence together using the correct words let alone in the correct order.

All this leet speak and local lack of proper grammar (!) is enough to get most people confused.

Even so - I haven't seen anyone posting on the side of people who are nervous either because of reol or percieved threats.
Do you really think that the word "bomb" is so innocent that everybody immediately spots the "passed" and think it a joke.

Domestic terrorism and school shootings happen often enough in America for anyone to be a bit on the edge.
Especially if you work in a school. Had the teacher not reacted and it was a genuine bomb threat, consider what would befall him when you found out that he was forewarned.

And maybe the teacher who recognized the writing also knew something about that the kid that we are not told?

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Do you really think that the word "bomb" is so innocent that everybody immediately spots the "passed" and think it a joke.

Yes! Emphatically so!

Now don't panic because I am about to post a definition of the word bomb:

1. a. An explosive weapon detonated by impact, proximity to an object, a timing mechanism, or other means. b. An atomic or nuclear bomb. Used with the.
2 Any of various weapons detonated to release destructive material, such as smoke or gas.
3. Football A long forward pass.
4. a. A container capable of withstanding high internal pressure. b. A vessel for storing compressed gas. c. A portable, manually operated container that ejects a spray, foam, or gas under pressure.
5. Slang A dismal failure; a fiasco.
6. Slang An old car.
7. Slang One that is excellent or superior. Used with the.
8. Chiefly British Slang a. A large amount of money. b. A great success. v. bombed, bomb·ing, bombs v.tr. To attack, damage, or destroy with or as if with bombs. v.intr.
1. To drop a bomb or bombs.
2. Slang To fail miserably: The play bombed.
3. Slang To paint a graffito.

Are you still there? Hello? Hey! Now come one, crawl out from under that table and join us again.

The lack of discernment is a symptom of insanity, and contrary to popular belief, it is not okay to let the inmates run the asylum.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
reply to post by Needalight

Erstmal hat theshepherd2 ganz klar "Nazi Germany" geschrieben, was sich deutlich auf NS-Deutschland von 33 bis 45 bezieht und nicht auf unsre heutige Bundesrepublik.
Ich bin sonst der erste der Deutschland gegen Nazivergleiche verteidigt, aber hier ist ganz klar Nazi-Deutschland gemeint gewesen.

Zweitens sollten wir von allen Völkern auf dieser Erde am besten verstehen das angebliche Sicherheit niemals auf Kosten von Freiheit durchgesetzt werden darf, denn genau so wie derzeit in den USA hat der Wahnsinn bei uns damals auch angefangen!

Translation:

First of all, theshepherd2 wrote "Nazi Germany", which clearly refers to Germany under NS-Rule from 1933-45, not to our current Federal Republic.
I'm usually the first to defend our Republic against Nazi-comparisons, but meant here was clearly Nazi Germany.

Second, we (Germans) of all nations on this planet should know best that alleged security must never be enforced at the expense of freedom, because thats exactly how the madness started with us back then, just like in the U.S. today!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

A true defender of the just right there. I absolutely agree and salute your stance on this.
What you expressed in your posts here is so fundamentaly right and so important... it's a shame it's even necessary to remember people about it.
THIS is the essence of freedom people. Lose this spirit and everything else is meaningless.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
This is not as much about the Constitution or the Bill of Rights as it is about people reacting to verbal hints that something "bad" might happen. For example, if you are standing at a bus stop next to someone who says, "There's a BOMB!" as the bus arrives, at that point, it is not about "free speech." At that point it is about SAVING LIVES. **Ideally* we don't live in a world where murderers avoid using bombs to kill people. **Realistically** we live in a world where murderers use terrible means to spread terror and take lives. Good people should not joke about "bombs" and the like these days in areas of mass transit, military bases or any areas of public gathering. To do so is like (as someone previously stated) crying "FIRE" in a theater.
edit on 29-5-2012 by GhostLancer because: Typo

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
At this point, I really don't care if he's convicted or not. Maybe he needs to go on to prison.
I do know that the teacher acted appropriately and in defense of the other students and occupants. It was a bomb threat, plain and simple. Granted, the moron thought he was making a "joke", but there's no room for jokes with terroristic threatening. He was an IDIOT, a moron and deserved to be arrested, deserved to spend time in jail, deserves to have his life disrupted, if for nothing else, for just being STUPID.
What kind of grown man writes on a toilet paper about farting?? No matter how "country" he may be, he's becoming an adult and it's time to give up childish things like that. He's probably one of the idiots who had to take bio and sat there and snickered when sexuality was discussed. "heh heh, he sed vagiiinaaa heh heh" like a total moron.
He deserves exactly what he's getting. The jury can decide exactly what the cost is and he can grin and bear it.
Before, I was for allowing him for "time served" but at this point, if he gets prison time, he gets prison time and deserves it.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
At this point, I really don't care if he's convicted or not. [...] He deserved to be arrested, deserved to spend time in jail, deserves to have his life disrupted, if for nothing else, for just being STUPID. [...] He deserves exactly what he's getting.
[...] Before, I was for allowing him for "time served" but at this point, if he gets prison time, he gets prison time and deserves it.

Edmund Burke would argue that you deserve what's coming down the road then.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
At this point, I really don't care if he's convicted or not. [...] He deserved to be arrested, deserved to spend time in jail, deserves to have his life disrupted, if for nothing else, for just being STUPID. [...] He deserves exactly what he's getting.
[...] Before, I was for allowing him for "time served" but at this point, if he gets prison time, he gets prison time and deserves it.

Edmund Burke would argue that you deserve what's coming down the road then.

"Those who don't know history are destined to repeat it."

COOL! I've worked my butt off, does that mean I'm going to win the lottery!?!? AWESOME!!!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

No. It means it's time to train your arm muscles (right arm will do) and prepare to walk in line, given that you meet certain genetic criteria or are considered as useful for coerced labour.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
What a dumb arrest. I hope his case has a chance of being overthrown. Isn't it common sense to think that a real bomb-layer wouldn't exactly shout his intentions from the rooftops... let alone on toilet paper?

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
You're more likely to be killed by a falling TV than in a school "attack."

Sometimes you have to put things into perspective, because the way things have gotten out of control lately is insane.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join