It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fart joke leads to college student being arrested and charged

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Scary isn't it, how this isn't common sense.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Wow. Your entire post managed to be condescending, insulting, and arrogant at the same time.

That's interesting. I've found every single one of your posts to be every bit what you've just described of mine. It is highly condescending to lecture people who know the law and pretend that your irrational fears have any basis in jurisprudence. It is more than insulting that you think your irrational fears are more important that unalienable rights. It is way beyond arrogant to think that your irrational fears gives you some sort of erudition.

I've read enough of your posts about education to know you have no respect or even understanding of what it's like to be an educator in today's litigious society. That's okay. You are entitled to your opinion.

I've read enough of your posts to know you think the problem is that teachers don't get paid enough...as if paying teachers more would have prevented them from trampling all over this students rights. You're entitled to your opinion too, but if that good ol' boy who makes fart jokes has any inkling of the law then he knows full well the educators who violated his rights are criminal thugs and that he has a right to seek remedy, regardless of their opinions. You can hold the opinion that your irrational fears are more important that unalienable rights, but if you act on those opinions, that's an entirely different issue.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
but this toilet paper was found in america, home and inventor of the school massacres.

i wouldn't be surprised if half the students in america are going to school with special forces like combat and situational awareness and letting go a sigh of relief everyday they make it back home alive.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I agree that the note, standing on it's own, calls out an alert. The way things are today, they pull the chain before investigating because a bomb is , well, a bomb, and who knows when it is going off? Once the investigation did commence however, and they called him in, his explanation should have immediately called off the dogs and the matter should have ended.

This is where I would fault media, because they are on a viewer suck in mission, and want to keep the BS rolling for a long time, and at the expense of the poor kid, and his school.
edit on 27-5-2012 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
there are many things people say on a daily basis that could be taken out of context in the same way.
i simply do not understand how anyone can say he deserved it when it is plainly obvious to anyone it was a fart joke and some people do use this term when childishly referring to squeezing out bodily gasses.

it's on a par with someone saying I'm gonna kill two birds with one stone and then getting arrested for animal cruelty.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Wow. Well, it looks like he's already gotten his punishment and learned a major lesson too.
I can understand evacuating the library, but I don't think he should serve prison time. Hopefully the judge will let it be time served and let him get back to school with a major lesson learned.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There are 2 types of people in this thread, people who think writing on toilet paper is normal behave and people who think writing on toilet paper is an indication of insanity.

I'm in the second group. If I walked in a toilet and found a message on toilet paper in college I would be perplexed.

If it was in kindergarten then maybe I would think nothing of it. But if i'm in an american school with near adult human beings I would think "oh no, another crazy american lunatic has gone crazy and is trying to blow up the school"... because that is what american students do.

american people are so crazy that these jokes will always be taken seriously. you can make the joke anywhere else in the world no problem, but don't make it in america, because in america there's a % chance there actually is some mentally retarded student who is going to go on some sort of murder rampage

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Your right to be unreasonably scared of "the world today" does not extend you any right to trample all over his right to write the word "bomb" - oh look at that, I just wrote "bomb", somebody stop me - or make vocal fart jokes using the word "bomb" - oh look at that, I just wrote "bomb" again.

Now, pull my finger.

LOL
I think I'll pass on pulling your finger even if I can't smell it from here!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Let's say the teacher was right in being afraid (after this is America, where education blows). She, remembering how no one ever thought something like Columbine could happen, calls 911. This is how it should have played out, eleven different agencies show up and ASK the guy if put a bomb in the toilet, the guy says "No sir, I farted and I thought leaving a note would be funny." Eleven agencies check around for evidence and upon finding none everyone has some lulz. Twenty years later he goes out with all his old college buddies and one says, "Hey remember the time you farted and the bomb squad showed up?" and everyone has more lulz.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

That's interesting. I've found every single one of your posts to be every bit what you've just described of mine. It is highly condescending to lecture people who know the law and pretend that your irrational fears have any basis in jurisprudence. It is more than insulting that you think your irrational fears are more important that unalienable rights. It is way beyond arrogant to think that your irrational fears gives you some sort of erudition.

I've read enough of your posts to know you think the problem is that teachers don't get paid enough...as if paying teachers more would have prevented them from trampling all over this students rights. You're entitled to your opinion too, but if that good ol' boy who makes fart jokes has any inkling of the law then he knows full well the educators who violated his rights are criminal thugs and that he has a right to seek remedy, regardless of their opinions. You can hold the opinion that your irrational fears are more important that unalienable rights, but if you act on those opinions, that's an entirely different issue.

Let's just break things down, shall we?

1. The college student wrote a message containing the word "bomb". According to [url=http://weirdcrime.net...] the article

bomb threat was more explicit than “I passed a bomb in the library."

2. Student then leaves this message in the bathroom. Why? Did he forget to flush? Or was he perhaps having a joke? We don't know.

3. Someone finds the message and gives it to a teacher. He or she calls the police.

4. The police respond, investigate, and ultimately arrest the student.

When did the teacher violate his rights? Was she trampling his rights by reporting a possible bomb threat?

edit on 27-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I have all ready explained to you that I have posted the Declaration of Rights section of the Mississippi State Constitution which explains fully why his rights were violated, by the teacher who wrongfully accused him of committing a crime and the police who arrested him, but you keep ignoring that fact of law and play games of pedantry like you're Al Gore. No wonder teachers are paid so poorly.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
So he left the toilet paper note in the crapper? What a great way to announce your bomb plot. People are so stupid. I would have just denied that I wrote it, although I never would have written about farting in the library for no reason other than boredom. The term "passed" is a big clue here, as how do you "pass" a bomb, unless it is to someone else?

Had he said that he had "left" or "placed" a bomb in the library, I wouldn't be defending him. The term bomb was used because the effect of a serious fart mimics, on a small scale, the effects of a bomb...Mainly clearing an area, lol. As I said, it is OBVIOUS, or should have been after he told them what it was all about, and that there was no bomb. After explaining it, how could they still think this? Stupid, stupid little people.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Let's just break things down, shall we?

1. The college student wrote a message containing the word "bomb". According to [url=http://weirdcrime.net...] the article

bomb threat was more explicit than “I passed a bomb in the library."

2. Student then leaves this message in the bathroom. Why? Did he forget to flush? Or was he perhaps having a joke? We don't know.

3. Someone finds the message and gives it to a teacher. He or she calls the police.

4. The police respond, investigate, and ultimately arrest the student.

When did the teacher violate his rights? Was she trampling his rights by reporting a possible bomb threat?

edit on 27-5-2012 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

I agree. It used the term bomb and in today's world, you have to take things more seriously than you would have 20 years ago. The library needed to be evacuated, the police needed to be called and they needed to make sure it was safe.
I do hope he doesn't have to serve prison time and he's probably more than learned his lesson, but it did have to be done.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I have all ready explained to you that I have posted the Declaration of Rights section of the Mississippi State Constitution which explains fully why his rights were violated, by the teacher who wrongfully accused him of committing a crime and the police who arrested him, but you keep ignoring that fact of law and play games of pedantry like you're Al Gore. No wonder teachers are paid so poorly.

Oh, my. Must have ruffled someone's feathers if you have to resort to insults, huh.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I'm very new, how do I send messages to people without posting it on the board?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SproutKY

Look on the left under the avatar, there's a drop box and you simply click on message.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Oh, my. Must have ruffled someone's feathers if you have to resort to insults, huh.

And still you ignore the rule of law, pretending that this students right of speech was a "mistake" only because of your hysterical fear of students, instead making pointless remarks.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Originally posted by SproutKY

Look on the left under the avatar, there's a drop box and you simply click on message.

Thanks! Apparently I'm not allowed to do that yet, but will be soon.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

And still you ignore the rule of law, pretending that this students right of speech was a "mistake" only because of your hysterical fear of students, instead making pointless remarks.

So now I'm hysterical, too. Quite the busy evening!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Is it normal for people to be extremely abrasive or is that out of the ordinary?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join