It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture Shows How All Humans On Earth Would Fit Into One 900 Meter-Wide Ball

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by twoandthree

The only reason it feels crowded is because 80% of us insist on living on or near the coast.

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoiter
Now think up a method of launching it into space. You'll be doing the planet a great favour.

Wow that was pretty damn funny. I laughed out loud a little bit when I read that...

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
oh great now the Aliens know what kind of cargo hull to use

edit on 29-5-2012 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by twoandthree

Indeed what needs to be fount out about is the crap of all human history and how many times it can go there and back, do you really think all that just goes away and disappears?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

These guys need to live in India and see how many people can fit in a 10*10 room

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Think the guy on Man Vs Food would give that a shot?

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Sir, I can reliably inform you that I was not present on that day in Washington. I can provide witness accounts from two other people whom also were not there. I saw several people that day and none of them were in Washington either.
As a result I must regard your statement as incorrect.
For future reference, please check and double-check facts before making such outlandish claims.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The next time I grill a hamburger I'm going to imagine it is a gazillion little people screaming for help inside my tasty patty.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Will it Blend?

Today we take the entirety of humanity and try it in our new Blentec Blender.... the big question will it blend?

there it goes, lets choose the ultra gooey setting, yum......

Human smoke, don't breathe that.........

And there you have it, human ball, or as we like to call it here, soylent pink....

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
That's quite the abomination you have thought up there. Bravo, good sir.

Where I come from we call that a spicey meataballa.....

Dash of salt, a little basil, some fresh mozzarella and a roma tomato and we'd be a hell of a lot better tasting. Looks a little undercooked too...

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

"This probably raises the density number, but not enough to affect the size of the meatball by very much, I'm sure. I suppose if we were "pink slimed" the density would go up enough to make the ball considerably smaller, but that would be gross."
edit on 30-5-2012 by murdock because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Wow, thats impressive!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Long time lurker, so i guess this is a good as time as any to finally post, what with the hilariously disturbing meatwad and all. I agree with the sentiments of the others, though its really not all that bad. Really its just a thought experiment. Can anyone honestly say they havent randomly thought up some kind of weird scenario that others may laugh at or by which they would be disturbed?

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Like I said in the beginning, the entire thought was inspired by the water/air sphere pictures I saw a year or two ago. I actually did the math back then and was surprised. This post was just a Saturday morning, Irish-Cream-In-My-Coffee thing I did for fun.

It turned in to my most epic post ever.

Even though the majority of the replies were of a comedic nature, it touched a lot of people, and ATS member AfterInfinity best summed up what I was feeling when he/she posted:

Well, that certainly put the exact degree of our insignificance in sharp perspective... Guess we can roar all we want, but in the end, we all are still protons inhabiting a dust mote drifting through space...

Such a small thing we are, relative to "it all". That's what I hoped to convey.

The thing that surprised me the most was how very few people expressed doubts as to the math, and only a couple came forward to substantiate my claim.

The response was very different than the water-sphere thread which became extremely contentious, even though this was, at it's core, the exact same thought exercise.

I wonder why that was...
edit on 30-5-2012 by tjack because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
AMAZING. i finally realized where this came from and the genius behind it. it's been reposted a few places and to know that it was YOU that did the math...

S&F for you, sir!

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
is it messed up that i feel hungry??

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

SnF OP for the math involved in this presentation. Very interesting in a odd kind of way

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Greetings Earthlings! We intercepted this intriguing transmission and have an offer to make your leaders:

We would be willing to purchase this sphere as a convenient food source for our young. We are prepared to exchange the mass weight, on a kilogram-for-kilogram basis, for the equivalent in 999 gold.

A minimum order of one 500 meter-diameter sphere is required to complete the transaction. Earth's inhabitants will be responsible for preparing this sphere for transport.

We have a galactic resource cruiser in your solar system and heading for an orbit around your planet. Our exchange personnel will arrange for the sphere to be transported to our ship.

We are interested in making this exchange as the alternative acquisition method is a bit more, well, "messy".

We will arrive on your calendar date of December 21, 2012 to complete this exchange. Please be prepared by that time.

End.

posted on May, 31 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
But will it blend?

Looks like it already has! It's a human meatball.

posted on Jun, 2 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Disgusted beyond belief, but LMFAO!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join