It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture Shows How All Humans On Earth Would Fit Into One 900 Meter-Wide Ball

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Okay that's the second ball passing in the couple of months, the last time they put all the earths water in a ball. Now all the humans... great to know but whats next...I mean this could be endless and what about all the new born in one day did you count them in too ..you cant do actual calculations its merely estimation right.. So I next time we see how much we $hit in one day right....c-Mon

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Wow this is actually pretty amazing ! nice idea

I wonder, would we float ? if some how we managed to hold together in water and the unlucky few in the southern hemisphere held their breath :S. Also, how much land mass would we cover on the ground ? im guessing pretty small !

sorry if these questions have been asked i tried to read as much as i could but had to reply

(i'll check and see if these have been asked now)

peasy xo

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Sounds delicious, but, you can't serve human,, without a dash of cumin.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Somebody's trolling the Swedes

S&F LOL

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Being in such close proximity to each other, I hope no one farts.

Phew

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
but you forgot the breadcrumbs. that would add another 100 meters to the meatball.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I haven't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if I qualify to have an opinion but....

Why a meatball?

Why not a cube?

I mean....you might be giving hungry aliens ideas...

I'm just saying, if we ever do make contact and then these aliens start gathering up mass quantities
of garlic and pasta and tomato sauce...we'd better LOOK OUT!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
I enjoyed the water-sphere thread so much, I decided to run the math to see how big of a meatball we could make with all of us, and the result is quite surprising.

The numbers I used:
density of ground human = 950kg/m^3 (assumed same as ground beef)

average mass of adult human = 54kg (picked the low-end since we're not all adults. The average mass of "all humans" would undoubtedly be somewhat lower, so I'm fudging on the high side)

number of people = 7,016,000,000

We would make a 913m diameter meatball. Somewhat less than a kilometer.

I double-checked my math with Solidworks by constructing a sphere and measuring it's volume, so I know it's right.

Here's a picture of us all, call it a human family portrait, visiting Washington DC.

Surprisingly small we all are, aren't we?

edit on 27-5-2012 by tjack because: the pic was obnoxiously large

That really indicates to me just how phenomenal our energy requirements are for a species.
Wow, we really use resources like crazy.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
wasend it Archie Bunker calling us meatballs? wowww ....a man with vision... :-)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjack
I enjoyed the water-sphere thread so much, I decided to run the math to see how big of a meatball we could make with all of us, and the result is quite surprising.

great idea!

your next challenge: show the dehydrated meatball next to a sphere of water from the ball...

we're what.. 89% water right?? sounds like some man-jerky is on the menu today sir.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Interesting thought. You should book yourself into a shrink sometime soon, you may need to discuss some things.

However, the result of your thoughts aren't much different to what happens to little unborn babies sucked out through tubes by doctors for mothers, (some of which who protest against chicken farming and whaling on moral grounds).

That's the real sick analogy of this post.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Well, Mr.Gates I bet that shoots down your plane ,
so much for over population eh ?.
edit on America/Chicagopm2231America/ChicagoSun, 27 May 2012 18:02:22 -05005 3102 by BrainGarden because: Had a brain fart.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
eeewwweeee

For those who don't like that evil old metric system, that would be a little more than half a mile. Definitely not as big as we'd think it would be huh?

still, eeewweeee.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Now if only we can get all that individual meat to give us 30 percent of their money, then we can infect that meat with viruses and cancers and force them to give us more money for the treatment, then we can kill them off, take their money and charge their family for body disposal. Repeat x1000000

As a meat ball we look like a virus ready to spread.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
I haven't read the entire thread so I'm not sure if I qualify to have an opinion but....

Why a meatball?

Why not a cube?

It is obvious that ball is a lot easier to roll

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Great thoughts lol...kinda makes you think aliens coming to eat us woulnt happen....not much there to eat.....i wonder how mang burgers that is???

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
This may have been said already, but wasn't there some kind of video game where it was just a ball rolling around gathering people and objects up like sticky tape?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

Joseph Conrad, the famous English/Polish author and ex-sea captain in merchant service, has a short story in which a mass of Chinese sailors/passengers are rolling back and forth in a mass of intertnotted humanity in the hold of a ship in a storm. One of the most bizarre images in Conrad. I can't remember the title of the story.

edit on 27-5-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectrumSeven
reply to post by tjack

Great thoughts lol...kinda makes you think aliens coming to eat us woulnt happen....not much there to eat.....i wonder how mang burgers that is???

Maybe we're just a midnight snack?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Why a meatball?

Why not a cube?

I mean....you might be giving hungry aliens ideas...

I'm just saying, if we ever do make contact and then these aliens start gathering up mass quantities
of garlic and pasta and tomato sauce...we'd better LOOK OUT!

The cube could look too processed and nobody would want to eat it! LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join