It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture Shows How All Humans On Earth Would Fit Into One 900 Meter-Wide Ball

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
LMAO. What a great thread to wake up to Sunday morning! S&F. Now, we just need a huge crock pot.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Woww!! If Hannibal Lecter were to see this, his mouth would be drooling! Very interesting and bizarre, as to i have never thought about how people would look like if they fit into a ball, but now i know! lol

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Jesus dude, you rendered all of humankind into ground chuck! I want to say more and I will I just need to process this idea, No pun intended.
edit on 27-5-2012 by snowen20 because: Can't spell, public school edumacated

what i want to see is the big ass alien BAR-B-QUE that would cook that human hamburger, now that would be one amazing Unidentified Frying Object
edit on 27-5-2012 by jimmyx because: spell

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessdalen

wow - ty OP - HQ OC gets rare on ATS, ty for the effort =)

now i have a very nice knock-out argument is someone says "there is not enough space on earth for everyone"

I second your post. There is definately space for a few hundred more 'meatballs', with space to breathe, to live life with a better quality, as we have the tech to grow upwards landwise and scientifically harvest renewable resources.

Great job, OP! :-)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Upon checking some of the data further, Wikipedia actually claims the density of the average human body is 1010 kg/m³.

When you do the calculation using that figure the sphere would only be 894.79 meters wide.

I actually made a thread some what similar to this but I took a slightly different approach. Your solution was much more visual and interesting.

I also used the average weight of a modern adult (70kg) because I forgot to account for children, so your result would be closer to the truth than mine.

Ever wonder how much of the Earths mass is made up of Humans?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

Originally posted by Hessdalen

wow - ty OP - HQ OC gets rare on ATS, ty for the effort =)

now i have a very nice knock-out argument is someone says "there is not enough space on earth for everyone"

I second your post. There is definately space for a few hundred more 'meatballs', with space to breathe, to live life with a better quality, as we have the tech to grow upwards landwise and scientifically harvest renewable resources.

Great job, OP! :-)

You guys are forgetting about a little thing called exponential growth. At present the population is increasing about 1.1% per year. That doesn't sound like much, but you must remember it's compounding. If that rate of growth were to continue, in 500 years we would have about 1.5 trillion people on the planet. Now lets see how wide a ball of 1.5 trillion people would be.

1,500,000,000,000 * 54 = 81,000,000,000,000

Divide that by 1010 and you get 80,198,019,801.98 cubed meters of ground human.

Then to convert that volume into a sphere and get the diameter one can use the following equation:

pow(80198019801.98/((4/3)*pi),1/3)*2
= 5350.43

The human meat ball would now be 5.35 km wide. Still not exceptionally large but points out how quick the volume can grow. At our present rate of growth it will be less than 1000 years before each Human only has one square meter of dry land to live on.

We are not overpopulated yet... but our growth rate is a problem.
edit on 27-5-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
But will it blend?

it should blend, make a nice slushie for some alien feast... (although I dunno if they have Blentec Blenders?)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Human, the "other" white meat!

I heard that we taste like chicken!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It very hard for us to comprehend stuff like this.
Like the moon is 1/4 the size of earth and the sun is roughly 1 million times the size of the earth.
Sun contains 99.86% of the mass in the solar system.
Can any one truly comprehend that in there head?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
We are mostly water, I could see this being possible.

Man, talk about water weight though, so when we sang that meatball song ontop of old smokey, I didn't know they meant us.... Weird

Now we can sing this :

My name is Shake soola, the mike roola, ol schoola, you want a trip? I'll bring it to ya! Frylock an i'll hunt you down like a cop. Meatwad, you're up next with your knock-knock! Meatwad get the money, G! Meatwad get the honeys, G! Drivin in my car, livin like a star, I saw my fingers and my toes and now my toys! Uh, check check it, yea! Cause we are the aqua teen, make the homies say Ho and the girlies want to scream Numba 1 in da hood G!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by tjack

I ballparked the figure in the ball of water thread and got about the same number. I was modeling humans as cylinders to get my figure rather than working with weight-density numbers.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

Well, that certainly put the exact degree of our insignificance in sharp perspective...

Guess we can roar all we want, but in the end, we all are still protons inhabiting a dust mote drifting through space...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

cool.

What about density ?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
good thread! s+f

To confirm that data:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
LOL at the pic of the meatball in Washington D.C. Well if the aliens are coming to harvest us they now have a serving suggestion.

How different would this planet be if there were no humans? What would be the dominant species?

The combined physical mass of all humanity is shockingly small, which makes the human brain even more remarkable.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Suddenly, this looks a bit disturbing...

...still makes me hungry though...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I have to admit, math and I don't mix at all.

But if all that mince was squased down into a giant say 6ft high burger, I wonder what it's diameter would be?

The human burger ...............

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
reply to post by tjack

cool.

What about density ?

density of ground human = 950kg/m^3 (assumed same as ground beef) , from my first post.

My daughter suggested that ground pork would be closer, density wise, (she cracks me up), but these are ballpark numbers, and if you make slight adjustments to the density, the end result doesn't change all that much due to the cubic thing going on in the volume equation.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

your weird

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
must have allot of time on your hand.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join