It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Annan's peace plan 'dead,' rebel Syrian army calls for retaliatory attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

With Annan's peace plan 'dead,' rebel Syrian army calls for retaliatory attacks

edition.cnn.com

Members of the rebel Free Syrian Army say the U.N.-backed peace plan for the country is "dead," with some rebels vowing to retaliate against government forces after a gruesome massacre left more than 85 people dead in one town.

An FSA spokesman asks for international airstrikes against Syrian regime forces
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Thats right! you heard it on that CNN article the Free Syrian Army is now spokesman is asking for international airstrikes against Syrian regime forces.

Who was saying that a few months ago? Why no other then the Islamist supporter Sen John McCain.

This is why i officially believe this was a false flag by America and the FSA dont forget they are military ex they have access to heavy military artillery and even arms.

The biggest mistake that America was to arm them.

Notice how CNN quickly wrote that the peace plan is dead?

Looks like my suspicion were correct it was a false flag by the Free Syrian Army, they have been urging for airstrikes ever since McCain visited them in Turkey.

edition.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Who cares what they are calling for let them take care of their own problems. It's high time we pull all of our forces from the middle east we have wasted far too much money and lost way too many lives in that part of the world. We need to start worrying about our own country and stop taking care of other peoples countries.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
So we are saying that the UN's plan for Syria didn't work - 24 years in the Army, I've seen the UN in action especially in Somalia...

I can't say I am am surprised thier "plan" failed miserably.

Can we just drop out of this worthless organization now please.

UN most worthless money pit on the planet.
edit on 27/5/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

All the UN is allowed to do is observe and defend themselves if attacked. There is not too much that you can acheive from that unless you are willing to use NATO to do the dirty work for the UN. But under UN laws they are not allowed to be offensive in any way.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

UN most worthless money pit on the planet.

Apart from the US military and any other military across the world?

Without the UN things would be much worse. They create international law, resolve disputes and highlight problems faced by the worlds poor as well as providing massive assistance to refugees (UNRWA) and conflict/disaster hit people's.

No doubt there have been massive mistakes made though both acts of omission and commission (Bosnia, Iraq, Haiti) but it is hardly unexpected.

I for one support the UN and the continuation of the peace plan in Syria with a bolstered observer force. The rebels need to be warned to observe by the peace plan as as well the Syrian government.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Peruvianmonk because: Quote

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
CNN is the propaganda arm of the syrian terrorist 'rebel' army. Even Anderson cooper was caught lying with the bit on Syrian Danny. Most of these civilian casualty reports are unconfirmed, and it is regrettably collateral damage as the Syrian rebel 'terrorists' are using civilian shields.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
For 14 months, those in Syria whom only sought to be free had been slaughtered by the Regime wholesale. UN had truly failed as our fellow human innocents are slaughtered freely and continually.

The free world had tried to stop it, but China and Russia, unconscionably, had stopped every useful move in the security council.

Enough is enough.

12,000 innocents and more had died already. Even one, in the hands of a ruler is too much, for there are NEVER ANY acceptable level of human slaughter in these day and age. Have we humankind lost our humanity and conscience???

I, only an insignificant nobody but a Proud member of a republic nation that deems all man equal and will bow to no human, will now kneel before my fellow human brothers and sisters in China and Russia to help our fellow humans in Syria, to end the massacre.

The Syrian free people, too are fellow humans, with common aspirations just like any one of us. And may the Chinese CCP and Russia gov listen for once, or overthrew them if they refuse, for if they can sanction the murder of humans, what more their own citizens one day? Then who will help China and Russian citizens?

We mankind must not be selfish and lose our conscience over the plight of others. No doubt the Syrian rebels are different - religion, culture, etc, but they too shed the same blood as us, and laugh or cry like us. They too have only the same common aspirations we all mankind share. They do not deserve murder in any form, more so by their own leader turned beast.

Alone we can achieve little. But together when combined as one humanity through our families, relatives and friends that makes up our society, we are a formidable force and capable of change, and in this instance, to end the bullying and genocide of people seeking only to be free from slaughter and live without fear every minute...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

How about no propagandist?

12,000 innocents and more had died already. Even one, in the hands of a ruler is too much, for there are NEVER ANY acceptable level of human slaughter in these day and age. Have we humankind lost our humanity and conscience???

How do you know that the Civilians are getting killed by Assad forces? let me guess you have spent to much time watching CNN.

12,000 innocents and more had died already.

Ah yes my favorite the death toll number game, CNN claims about 9,000 and yet you put the number at 12,000? sources please? oh thats right i bet the sources will be the rebel Sources or better yet the unconfirmed reports by CNN.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

serious drugs! lol.... proof they work!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
I for one support the UN and the continuation of the peace plan in Syria with a bolstered observer force. The rebels need to be warned to observe by the peace plan as as well the Syrian government.

LOL – oh yes, the “observer forces” are great. Let’s see what that has solved. The armistice in Korea is still being maintained by an observer force from the UN for some like 50+ years. I call that a sure fire win. Malta has some as well for how long now?

Pro-tip from a member of the profession of arms – “observation” is good for one thing only. Adjusting fire.

Observation forces are just in the way –

Observe and mediate – if the UN existed in 1939 they’d have observed Hitler take Europe one country at a time while they mediated and talked about doing what needed done.

The problem with the UN is that it takes all the member nations and gives them the false impression that they all have a voice and are somehow equal…lol yeah. Sure, New Zealand and whichever thug happens to be in charge of Nigeria this week are right up there with China and the US in world influence.

They don’t create international law – they can make no law that has any force within the sovereign borders of the US. The UN is a feel good sham it’s like letting the kids sit at the grown-ups table. Sure we will hear Cameroon and Djibouti out but frankly they have very little say in what goes on. A waste of money and guess who pays for most of it – the US taxpayer. It's just a PC sham to make the "world" feel they have some say in what the big kids do.

With regard to the US military being a money pit…at least we can use it to defend our interests and enforce our will around the globe – I’d say money well spent.

What can the UN do? Ask nicely and observe?

top topics

join