It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One-punch attack ruins couple's night out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
www.perthnow.com.au...

A 23-YEAR-old man is fighting for life in hospital after falling victim of a “one punch” attack in Perth's CBD last night. The West Perth man was assaulted on the Horseshoe Bridge near William Street about 11.30pm as he walked with his girlfriend. Police say the couple were approached on the bridge by a group of three men and two women. One of the men asked for a cigarette.

When this was declined, one of the men punched the victim in the face - causing the 23-year-old to fall backwards and hit his head on the footpath.

The victim was taken to Royal Perth Hospital where he underwent surgery to relieve pressure on his brain.

This is a disgusting, criminal act.. Its devestating, this poor dude will never be the same. How about his girlfriend having to watch him convulse while they waited for the ambulance and these attackers did the bolt?

I hope he pulls through.. but, sadly this is far to common in Perth.. You only need to read some of the users comments under the article to see what Perth people think about this.

Ever been to Perth?

Perth...Its a beautiful place. A diverse place, our indigenous folk are allowed to wander the streets at night, sniffing petrol and glue and washing clothes in the fountains at government house.

I’m sure non indigenous people are more than capable of doing the same, even the homeless ones. But surprisingly I cant say I’ve seen it more than 2 or 3 times.

Children roam the streets of north bridge at 2am '' hey mate, got a smoke? '' '' hey bro can I have a dollar? ''... if you decline, you often get the verbal spray!
'' aww **** you ya dog, bring your mrs back let me ***** all over her! ''

Kids..... a hand ful, half a dozen sometimes there as young as 10..

I'm not saying this happens every day, or every second day. I cant say, I only go into northbridge / CBD once every few months.. but i gaurantee you every time i go i see these kids!

Perth, the only place that gives one punch attackers, muggers, thieves a slap on the wrist and a smile when they say

'' im sorry officer i didnt mean it, me and my fellas were walking the streets at 3am, this young asian couple gave us attitude so we defended ourselves... all 12 of us! ''

Perth... where you can walk to the local shopping centre, and watch a young mother in torn, dirty and ill-fitting singlets and things screaming at her 4 kids in equally as disgusting clothing whom are wandering shopper to shopper asking '' can I have a $ ''

It’s a problem, so what do we do about it?
Its not their fault, we’ve given them bucket loads of cash over the past few decades, we’ve given them public housing and benefits, we’ve soften crime rules for them we’ve even given them support for education and work..

You can only help those who want to be helped!

Now, lemme get some flame retardant.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
It's a damn shame when things like this happen. There was a kid from my town that died over something stupid like this and it grabbed everyone's attention for obvious reason.

At the end of the day, there is a little bit of "boys will be boys" that defends stupid actions, but when something serious happens we look to persecute the offenders.

Perhaps we should ask ourselves why some feel the need in the first place?

And then look for the root causes...

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Whats the big deal..? This is about as interesting as a 3.0 earthquake on the other side of the world....

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The worlds gone soft , heres what you do round em all up get a rope out and hang them in public, or give them 20yrs hard labour... stop feeding them shoot them in the head .
Thats me being nice by the way lol.. Get them to femur camps pronto shackled and straight into the gas chambers .
Make use of them plastic coffins- nahh recycle them coffins and just burn them. good riddence to bad rubbish

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Ever been to Perth? Perth...Its a beautiful place. A diverse place, our indigenous folk are allowed to wander the streets at night, sniffing petrol and glue and washing clothes in the fountains at government house. I’m sure non indigenous people are more than capable of doing the same, even the homeless ones. But surprisingly I cant say I’ve seen it more than 2 or 3 times.

I am against affirmative action myself. But you are being racist. This is a crime. Race has nothing to do with it. It was an individual that attacked this guy.

All your thread is is a very telling rant about Aboriginals.

Edit- one of my best mates is Aboriginal. He was bashed by a white guy a few weeks ago at a pub. He got knocked out and had bleeding from the ears. What will we do about these crazy white people? And lets not forget the Lebanese now. Thank god we have those anti-terror laws that unfairly target Lebanese Australians hey. And the Aboriginal Unit of our Police isnt racist. Why shouldnt a section of our community have their very own Police Unit? Well there is two isnt there? One for Muslims and another for Aboriginals. Thats not racist at all is it? When do white Australians get their very own unit of the Police dedicated to us? I feel left out.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Please stop using ATS to spread this sh!t around the world. If I wanted to read things like this I'd watch the news and buy news papers.. Thanks

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Nothing new in this story. My mother`s friends son had the same fate of being beaten brutally when asked for smoke. This happened in finland, the year was some 1990-1995. It was New Years Eve and he was(15-20year old at the time) watching the rockets blew up in the sky and it was pretty crowded on the streets. 3 boys approached him and asked for smoke. He replied: "Sorry I dont smoke" and suddenly BOOM the guy hits him in the teeth. As a result he had to renew surgigally almost all of his front teeth because the hit did so much damage.

So yeah OP I understand your concern because back then it was pretty safe I guess and things are getting outta hand when violence grows!
edit on 27-5-2012 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
give the kid a smoke or a dollar and next time you wont get punched in the face.

people get punched everyday.

More than often though, the people who should be punched in the face dont.

Its always the people who never learn to mind their surroundings, you know, the innocent people.
Hell I almost hit a guy in the face the other day cause he was running his mouth. But he backed off once he saw that I wasnt the punk his drunk ass was mistaking me for.

You should try living in Las Vegas and roaming the streets at night. You would be happy to give up a smoke just so they will get out of your face.

Theres sharks in the ocean- better learn how to swim.

I hope dude makes it out ok if that means anything.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Whats the big deal..? This is about as interesting as a 3.0 earthquake on the other side of the world....

Somehow you are right. People expect to find uncommon information in ATS. See....the name is "ABOVE TOP SECRET" for a reason.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

The worlds gone soft , heres what you do round em all up get a rope out and hang them in public, or give them 20yrs hard labour... stop feeding them shoot them in the head .
Thats me being nice by the way lol.. Get them to femur camps pronto shackled and straight into the gas chambers .
Make use of them plastic coffins- nahh recycle them coffins and just burn them. good riddence to bad rubbish

That is exactly what TPTB have in mind eventually, after the lefty/liberal usleless idiots have completed the task they were created for ie driving the bus off the cliff whilst blindfolded to all reality and commonsense, by PC blinkers and feel good ideas.

Big question is whether TPTB intend to create an Albert Pike WWIII situation so that - all the usless eaters are killed off in the process, including muslims - along the lines of the 'Anglo-Saxon Mission' www.thetruthseeker.co.uk... - coming from Bildeburger CFR, etc. - ending in NWO global serf state.

Or have the elites decided on Islam or an amalgam of Catholicism and Islam, as their chosen control method for the masses - with it's obvious appeal to them of child sex, slavery, torture, complete submission etc. coming from the templars, vatican, jesuits, Masons, Illuminati etc. - with the elimination of Jewish and Anglo Saxon bloodlines as a priority.

Are we dealing with two seperate groups here? - because both are certainly intimately connected.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Unfortunately this isn't isolated to Perth - the Queensland Government launched a "One punch can kill" awareness campaign back in 2007.

In late 2007, the Queensland Government adopted this phrase and created a range of advertisements - the first of their kind in Queensland - targeting young men and women who may find themselves in potentially violent situations.

Queensland Homicide Victims' Support Group

You may also be familiar with this person....
theage.com

It's usually not the "one punch" that kills or maims though, it's the proceeding rearward fall onto a hard surface that exacerbates the trauma from the initial strike.

Perth (W.A), seems to also have growing societal issues which isn't exclusive to the Indigenous population - it appears to be more of a result of their continually widening "2 speed economy".

My $0.02 + GST.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Perhaps because: fix link

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

jesus, this happens practically every day in my city. i guess it's big news in perth. now, if they pulled out a gun and shot him and the girlfriend, that would be page 6 news.
you aussies are too civilized, come to america where you can get in on some REAL violence.
our violence is so frequent, that they won't even take the time to get out of the car, it's more relaxing to just sit inside and mow someone down from an open backseat window, and if you want to make the front page, a few innocent bystanders need to be wounded or killed. and if the bystanders are kids, that's when the mayor or police chief come on TV, and go through the song and dance about hotlines, tips, community awareness, pulling together, etc....
edit on 27-5-2012 by jimmyx because: additions

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

This is disgraceful. Good people need to start standing up more and stop being pussies. This is why society has become so deplorable - because good people do NOTHING.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I am against affirmative action myself. But you are being racist. This is a crime. Race has nothing to do with it. It was an individual that attacked this guy.

And when you collate a lot of these incidents together, they statistically do tell a story - a story that you seem to want to avoid hearing - perhaps someone designed a pair of mental blinkers for you to wear!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Im not trying to make a point about it being a race issue, more the point of the punishment.
This sort of act is common in WA. Its common all over the world.

The difference in WA is the police, the media and the courts are too scared to actually pass sentence.
For example, the police are no longer allowed to say '' indigenous '' or '' dark skinned '' in their dispatches or media releases.

Even if the witness or victim is lying in his bed saying '' a dark skinned, indigenous person in the middle of the day in a open park stabbed me '' the police CANNOT say to the media a '' dark skinned, indigenous..... ''

This is nothing short of attempted murder. 5 people, 1130pm at night approach a young couple.
You dont ask for a cig for a cig, you ask it so you can then USE it as an excuse to get agit8d. As soon as they say no, you belt them as hard as you can, king hit, sucker punch to the head. If he wasnt out cold instantly he certainly was when his head hit the pavement and cracked like a watermelon.

The horse shoe bridge, is notorious for late night assaults. You can be a security guard, a civilian or even a elderly pensioner.. it seems they dont care who you are they will belt you about.

Why arent the police setting up post here? 24hr watch, and also in forest place?

As for people saying im racist?.... that wasnt my intention.

However, when you see this sort of thing daily, when you see the reports daily, when you walk the streets and see it first hand, when youve been assaulted and hassled... its hard to sit here and not speak honestly about the REAL problem.

to those who think this sort of thing should be ignored on this website and not posted.

who the hell are you to tell me or anyone what we can post on this forum that is designed for news, topic, opinion and chat?

honestly? more people have died in WA and AUS from this exact type of issue than were killed by:

A. Iraqi WMDs
B. Iranian Nuclear weapons

edit on 27-5-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
When I first read the thread title I thought 'news event? So what, this happens all the time where I live'.

It's a dog act and happens waytoo often, I'm from Melbourne by the way, there's times on a Saturday night in the city you'd think it was an emergency services parade when punters are being outnumbered by police and paramedics.

That poor young lad, this happens all too often all over Australia.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

No doubt, it happens everywhere!

Accept Perth, you get a a slap on the wrist and a good luck pat on the back when you walk out of the courts.

You only need to read the comments under the article on the website to see there's alot of Perth locals demanding something FINALLY be done..

This isnt a new issue, but its an issue that no one has the balls to actually confront.. and its been that way for a couple of decades now.

NYC was violent, someone came in with some courage and its cleaned up good.

Perth should be a sinch, but it seems no one is even bothering.

comments:

2 words Perth. Tougher sentencing !!!! a slap on the wrist for the indigenous youth is not working any more

We should have a 0 tolerence to crime. This is getting out of hand. The government was going to solve these crimes but yet to see any improvements, I suppose they are to busy with the Premiers new offices.

Thank Christ we moved away from Perth to the eastern states. I realise that violence and morons are everywhere, but there always seemed to be more in Perth

Another normal night in bogan filled Perth!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

exactly, spot on.
You can only sit on the fence in terms of race for so long.. and when you consistently get the same reports, the same headlines you need to start being honest about where an extreme majority of the issue REALLY lies!

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I'm not going to comment on this specific incident - because what happened was obviously utterly wrong.

But in general....... these people have nothing. Nothing. They can't afford to eat properly. They can't afford a suitable place to live.

And they see themselves surrounded by the fat, bloated pigs wasting money on expensive cars, spending thousands of pounds / dollars on a watch.

Is it really wrong that they are deciding to fight back? This is only the beginning.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Millions

I agree,
and I cant comment on all the other incidents around the world, but in WA, Perth this is infact NOT the way it is.
The amount of handouts, benefits, payments the indigenous folk get is pretty big.
They are given public housing, for free the government will even BUILD houses in the remote communities free of charge for them to live in.

They have discounted education, Australia is facing such a labour DROUGHT we need to fly in workers from SE Asia.. there's job there for anyone.. easy jobs where all you need is a pair of hands and a heartbeat.

You cannot help people who do not want to be helped. And when these people go out on the town looking for trouble ' for fun ' you need to draw the line.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join