It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dictator Is The Solution.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
An interesting take, I'll admit but I'm not going to be ok with someone telling me how it's going to be without my voice being heard

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Furbs

We are not the Romans,but wait yes we are:

"The budget should be balanced the Treasury should be refilled. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled. The assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." — Marcus Tullius Cicero

And Rome fell thousands of years ago.

On the subject of Rome being America, I would like to point out again that in the past we did have a truly Roman style dictator.

His name was George Washington. He had control for the duration of the emergency, the revolution, and used his control well and was ultimately successful. When he was offered a Kingdom he gave them a republic. And now that republic is ruining itself just as Rome did.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

I don't necessarily believe Australia has it any more 'right' than any other neo-liberal nation and certainly wouldn't lay the blame of all the world economic woes at American feet. That would be shortsighted. However, with foresight we know dictatorships don't work. However, much gloss you add to fascism, it doesn't work.

In one reply you mention being open to ideas. New ideas I hope and ask if you think the time is right for radical socio-political thinking as opposed to flogging ideas of yesteryear that don't work. Why continue pursuing false utopias?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

What are you implying? That I am pro-genocide?

Are you pro-Dresden?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

well i belive Constantine? wow someone who actually follows real history,,,, is a bust if u look at europe.
dont leave many
after that,,
candidates i mean.
hmmmm

link   

If you were in control I know you would kill people like me. And after you've done that where would you stop?

link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Furbs

We are not the Romans,but wait yes we are:

"The budget should be balanced the Treasury should be refilled. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled. The assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work instead of living on public assistance." — Marcus Tullius Cicero

And Rome fell thousands of years ago.

Hey man, you are the one talking about Constitutional Republics, and I thought I would go to the source. The Roman Constitutional Republic fell long before the Empire did, maybe we should abolish our Constitutional Republic too, eh? Unless.. wait.. you don't mean to say.. We have evolved our republic past what the Romans had.. but that would mean.. that we could also evolve our Dictatorship past what they had???

Wow. You may just be a genius.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Imperialism starts in America.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And Australia is just lucky that we live near China and they are our friend. Thats why we are the best place in the world to live right now. Happiest OECD Nation. Norway was second this year.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Queen Victoria,,Is it possible to have a benevolent dictator? yes too her Subjects,,
Guengis Khan,,Is it possible to have a benevolent dictator?,,yes to his Mongols.
Ceasar,,,,if u were Roman,,
yes it s possable.
but always with baggage.
except for one,,or a couple, who get Honerable Mention,,
Jesus,,he said,,hang on ill be back,,ya he said it first Arnie lol
BraveHeart,,i belive he was a Wallace.
Germanicus,,,,the KING,,not this guy,,another.Germanicus,,interesting history,,

How could i forget that,,,sorry George

When he was offered a Kingdom he gave them a republic.
sorry George,,,
kind of Ceasarish,,,,

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun. - Buckminster Fuller

Dictator or not it always ends the same. War and Murder.

The way to keep other peoples money. Dictatorship.

In case you missed out on History. America has been around for a few hundred years and we managed to have a great Education system, Military and Country.

With Presidents, Congress and the courts over the last 100 years They have managed to Destroy America from the inside almost to destruction.

Department of Education has worked to dumb down the population, EPA to destroy manufacturing, The courts to rule against the innocent.

Government getting bigger daily. Stealing more of your money.

Now they are after free speech and soon the right to bear arms against the government that tries to enslave its people. This Government refuses to protect its citizens against invaders. We are so overrun with illegals and drugs.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

I would like to point out again that in the past we did have a truly Roman style dictator.

Yep people can call Washington a dictator and the could also call Lincoln a dictator, but 2 out of 44 "presidents" in over 200 years.

The problem is as the same as it was in Rome a corrupt Senate/congress and was given the remnants of republic that has lived beyond it's means that can not be fixed with more corruption or a dose of "a trial and error dictator".

edit on 27-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Anders Behring Breivik didn't think so and made his thoughts very clear. Imperialism didn't begin with America and am not entirely sure where you are going with this thread, but China isn't exactly the safest bet going forward. Do you see China as Australia's protector economically?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

If you were in control I know you would kill people like me. And after you've done that where would you stop?

I dont know what to do with you people that have Slave Morality. I dont think Hitler knew what to do either. He wanted a Nation where all were pulling in one direction. All the Germans were. Many Jews were. Many Jews fought for Hitler. A Jew nominated Hitler for a Nobel Peace Prize. Hitler took citizenship away from the jews and tried to make them leave. Nobody would take them Not even America. So he tried to relocate them,that didnt work.

And it was never just jews in those camps. It was undesirables. How do you feed them when you are at war and you have problems feeding your own people? What could he do?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Infinite Mind exposes Itself through the many, as does the Legion. The Voice of the Presence is displayed openly through social flow of It's people. Just as the voice of the Legion is displayed through the social flow of it's people. Look about our social kinetics and tell me which master the people have chosen.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove

Anders Behring Breivik didn't think so and made his thoughts very clear. Imperialism didn't begin with America and am not entirely sure where you are going with this thread, but China isn't exactly the safest bet going forward. Do you see China as Australia's protector economically?

Yes, China is the reason we are going so well. China is why the GFC didnt hurt us. China is our future. America is going to mess it up bringing their Imperial Army into our waters.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Slave morality? Do you mean I seek to enslave others? Do you think that I am enslaved? What do you think and why do you think that?
edit on 27-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Hey man, you are the one talking about Constitutional Republics, and I thought I would go to the source

Every country in the world has a "different take" on their constitutions meaning all things being equal they are not. From Canada to England to the European Union they all have constitutions but they are all unique to each one.

The Roman Constitutional Republic fell long before the Empire did, maybe we should abolish our Constitutional Republic too, eh?

History repeating again because this constitutional republic fell long before the "awareness" that the people have now. We have only begun to recognize the massive impiications of decades of failed leadership and policies that have had the negative effect all those "best intentions" were suppose to have.

We have evolved our republic past what the Romans had.. but that would mean.. that we could also evolve our Dictatorship past what they had???

I'm sorry where is the we part in a dictatorship?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

I'm attempting to understand your mindset, if you would have stated George Washington and Abe Lincoln as the model dictators I would be inclined to agree with you, but you choose Hitler and Nazi Germany for your opening topic. This makes me think your advocating being a Nazi. Is it easy for you to dismiss the evil that hitler was? Show me evidence how hitler improved the world??

Another issue with dictators are succession of power, recently both North Korea and Cuba successfully transferred power from one family member to another, this is similar to a monarchy. Other than that the only other successful successions of power was in the Roman Empire and many of these was with violence.

Up to this point in my life the only people I know that admires hitler are Nazis and white supremacists.

Do tell who do you think would be a good dictator?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I've avoided reading any replies to this thread, so I'm posting this blind, sorry if I'm repeating.

You don't need a dictator to improve our economy, you just need the means to produce. But the means to produce are monopolized by a minority class of privileged individuals.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Chinese Proverb

A more modern interpenetration by me...

Give a person a job and you feed them until they get laid off. Give a person the means to produce for themselves and your feed them for a lifetime.

It's not about who is in charge of government, it is who is in charge of the economy that matters. People seem to think our "private ownership" economy is normal, and not to be questioned, and only government is to blame. But our government is a result of the economy, not the other way around. Change the economy, and we change government. Government under capitalism is heavily funded, giving them their power.

Shared ownership helps to diversify rather than concentrate wealth and roots the value it generates in communities. Inequality has become an embarrassing social reality for more and more global citizens – a reality that we seem very far away from solving.

One particular statistic underlines the sorry state of affairs in which we find ourselves: 1% of Americans own 40-50% of national wealth. And it is a trend perpetuated in other first world countries...

The key to global prosperity: worker ownership

Worker-owned collectives are a specific type of worker cooperatives, which are business entities that are owned and controlled by their members, the people who work in them. The two central characteristics of worker cooperatives are: (1) workers invest in and own the business and (2) decision-making is democratic, generally adhering to the principle of one worker-one vote...

About Worker-Owned Collectives

Some 130 million Americans, for example, now participate in the ownership of co-op businesses and credit unions. More than 13 million Americans have become worker-owners of more than 11,000 employee-owned companies, six million more than belong to private-sector unions.

And worker-owned companies make a difference. In Cleveland, for instance, an integrated group of worker-owned companies, supported in part by the purchasing power of large hospitals and universities, has taken the lead in local solar-panel installation, “green” institutional laundry services and a commercial hydroponic greenhouse capable of producing more than three million heads of lettuce a year.

www.nytimes.com...

"Before, you left your brains at the gate," said Nick Caruso, 48, a stationary engineer in the steam plant. "Now you take your brains through the gate and are allowed to use them. That's the big difference." Mike Kordupel, 43, who repairs instruments in the electrical maintenance shop, said: "We're a team now. We have input through committees. We're saving a lot of money because of ideas from the little guy. That's how we're going to survive."

Experiment in Worker Ownership Shows a Profit

Worker ownership of the means of production is the only way to ensure a stable economy, and give everyone a better standard of living.

edit on 5/27/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

But for how long can the Chinese economic dragon keep breathing fire? Can a nation that discourages deviance continue to prosper using old economic tools? Will civil disobedience increase and become more violent within China as the disparity between rich and poor sky-rockets?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join