It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dictator Is The Solution.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   

When most people hear the word 'Dictator' they immediately think of Hitler. Then they think of meglomania and genocide. People forget that Hitler ruled Germany for 5 years before WW2. In that time he took a country that was an economic basketcase due to the crushing Treaty of Versaillis and turned it into the strongest economy in Europe within 4 years. Hitler introduced social programs. Created employment for the masses through many Public Works projects that also improved German infrastructure and security. Hitler paid his soldiers far better than the British or Americans. Hitler provided affordable recreation for every German.Hitler outsmarted the International Banking Cartel by implementing Autarky and issuing German marks,similar to Lincoln greenbacks. Hitler never raised taxes on the poor,not even during the war. Hitler managed to take a country with high unemployment,crushing 'treaty' terms and in the depths of the Great Depression and turn Germany into the envy of the world in just 4 years. He also had the nation prepared to go to war with the most advanced technology in the world. Hitler was able to achieve many many great things as Dictator of Germany.

But forget Hitler.

Think of Julius Caesar when you hear the term 'dictator'. Julius Caesar was in my opinion, the greatest Roman leader no contest. Another man of the people. He did more than correct the calander. Caesar also improved his country by improving infrastructure. He also made sure that the senate was fair to the people. Caesar increased the pay of his soldiers,helped create jobs for the poor. He brought glory to Rome and was always more than fair to those that his army defeated. The Roman people loved Caesar. He was a great dictator.

Capitalist democracy is a farce. US congress has an all time low approval rating because all they do is argue with each other. They are more interested in petty political millage than actually addressing the ever pressing issues that face the United States. It is the same all across the West. Its duopoly politics. The major parties job is to distract the masses with non-issue partisan distraction while they pass legislation the elites want passed behind our backs. The duopoly media quaterbacks this charade. We do not have democracy. Our votes mean nothing. It is all pretend. It is also set up so that a minor party that wins the primary vote cannot form government. Western Democracy is designed in a way that makes it virtually impossible for a new party to emerge and sweep to power. Capitalist democracy ensures the power of the duopoly regime.

A Dictator can get things done. If Hitler or Caesar was in charge of Greece right now they would tell the IMF and the International Banking Cartel to [SNIP] off. They would outsmart the IMF just like Hitler outsmarted the Bankers when he achieved the miracle that was turning Germany around. The 'International Community' has turned on the people of Greece. The Greek people need a Dictator to stand up for them against the IMF mafia.

The word 'dictator' did not always have a stigma. It was not always attached to negative connotations.

In the Roman Republic the term "Dictator" did not have the negative meaning it has later assumed. Rather, a Dictator was a person given sole power (unlike the normal Roman republican practice, where rule was divided between two equal Consuls) for a specific limited period, in order to deal with an emergency. At the end of his term, the Dictator was supposed to hand power over to the normal Consular rule and give account of his actions - and Roman Dictators usually did.

en.wikipedia.org...

Early on in Rome,when the Romans felt like Rome was in a 'state of emergency' they would call on a Dictator to make things right. A praetor maximus. They knew that one man can get things done better than a bunch of do-nothing senators. It worked.

Our 'senators' of the West have failed us all. It is a state of emergency. Western nations should all consider doing as the Romans would and calling for a Dictator. We must stop going along with the charade that is the capitalist democracy that they give us.

edit on 27-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
"Either you die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

-Harvey dent.

Power will always corrupt.
edit on 27-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

It did not corrupt many of the Roman Dictators. The Romans had a good thing going. Everytime things looked bad,they would go to a dictator. It worked great. It worked so well with Ceasar that they decided a dictator was something that should be permanent. That was the big mistake. They must be short term dictatorships that are up for review each two years.

edit- maybe we should just all kill ourselves if we cant do better than this. And refuse to try because we are scared.

Edit-

When most people hear the word 'Dictator' they immediately think of Hitler. Then they think of meglomania

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

One problem. Hitler was a Rothschild. therefore your claim that he somehow outsmarted the banks etc to achieve his "great designs" is false. The Rothschild's were made aware of hitlers designs and bankrolled him.

Hitlers grandmother was a servant of Baron Rothschild, in Vienna. When she became with child, She returned home to her village is Austria where Alois Hitler was born.

and as we all know.. the Rothschild and the Illuminati have many children out of wedlock because of their rituals.

edit on 27-5-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by LoonyConservative because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I gave you a star because you provide interesting information which many people are not aware of.

However, I have to disagree with your reasoning for several reasons. Most importantly, a dictator is just that - they decide all the rules of the game and have the last word. Look at what Hitler did... one man decided he wanted to commit such a horrendous act. And no one stopped that one man from carrying out his horrendous plans because he had the last word.

The point I'm making here... no one is perfect. You can't expect one single individual to have all the solutions to all the problems. Teachers often get their students to work in groups because they understand how important group work is. When the children work together they can brainstorm different ideas and each of them can contribute perspectives which the others might not have considered.

The problem with today's politicians is that they ARE NOT problems solvers. They are debaters. All they know how to do is argue and squabble. They are not trained in any technical field. They don't have programming degrees, they don't have engineering degrees, they don't have economics degrees. Yet they are tasked with solving internet problems, and infrastructure problems, or solving monetary problems.

They are tasked with solving problems which they aren't trained to solve. They are not experts at anything except perpetuating the status quo. They also lack transparency and oversight by the people. Their decisions are not impacted by public opinion to the degree necessary to ensure they are making decisions for the people and not for corporate interests. The result is, most of their decisions are actually shaped by corporate interests.

Team work is always better than thinking we should let one guy decide everything for us... but when we don't consider the importance of how those teams must be organized and operated the result can be fatal.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoonyConservative

One problem. Hitler was a Rothschild. therefore your claim that he somehow outsmarted the banks etc to achieve his "great designs" is false.

Hitlers grandmother was a servant of Baron Rothschild, in Vienna. When she became with child, She returned home to her village is Austria.

and as we all know.. the Rothschild and the Illuminati have many children out of wedlock because of their rituals.

Well,we are on AtS. So .......ok.

Have you read Mein Kampf? You should. It gives a great back story to hitler and lets you understand what his issues were and where he was coming from.

PostScript- Dont you think oligarchy sounds better than the word 'illuminati'? I do. I would not use that word.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Are you aware that the powerbase that enabled Hitler is the same kind that is empowering the corrupt government in Washington? To quote Benito Mussolini "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power" IBM, IG Farben, Volkswagen, and all the other corporations that existed in Germany LOVED the interplay between government and state intrests, as it cushioned them from failure (failure is a necessary part of TRUE capitalism by the way) and made them flush with the state's money. It was not capitalism that they practiced then, not by a long shot. It was its darkest cousin CRONY capitalism, which rewards failure so long as you have the correct connections.

About dictators, the positive connotations refer more to people like Cinncinatus, who ACTUALLY relinquished power when he defeated the Aquei and the Sabines to defend the Republic of Rome, much like the founding father George Washington. Cincinnati Ohio is named after George Washington in a roundabout sort of way, because the citizens back then actually had a classical education, and when George Washington refused the offer to become King it reminded them of this bit of Roman history. In his honor they named a city after him by the nickname Cinncinatus

Julius Caesar, on the other hand, crossed the Rubicon with a fully equipped Legion (this, unlike what you may think was distinctly frowned upon), sparking a bloody civil war (you imply this is a god thing), which he won. He marched into Rome with cheers from the common people, yes, but he achieved this by sending the spoils and pillage STOLEN from the conquered and enslaved (literally enslaved. As in they became trade goods and chattel) tribes of the Gauls directly to the people of Rome. The Roman Republicans knew just what was going on. Distracting people with shinies stolen from innocent peoples while you work to dissolve the republic and build an absolutist empire is not something that I think that anybody with a functioning brain would classify as good for the people, in the long run.

Hell, it sounds EXACTLY like what is going on the good ol' US of A.

You have some messed up priorities dude.

Also, pick a bloody avatar and stick with it. A new face on each new insane argument you make will not make it better received.
edit on 27-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2012 by Mkoll because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I gave you a star because i appreciate your opinion and contribution to the thread.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree. Im with the early Romans. There were some great Roman Dictators in the time of the Republic. They came when needed and called upon. Then when the emergency passed,they handed power back.

But,I agree with what you are saying. There is risk. But things are not exactly running smoothly at present either.

edit- thanks for the star. I dont expect many with a Hitler type thread

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Mkoll

Are you aware that the powerbase that enabled Hitler is the same kind that is empowering the corrupt government in Washington?

They must be very very old.

Are you aware that Hitler kicked the Masons out of Germany?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Mkoll

Are you aware that the powerbase that enabled Hitler is the same kind that is empowering the corrupt government in Washington?

I give not one # about the masons. I care that you espouse the philosophy that we should bow down to our federal/corporate overlords

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mkoll

Originally posted by Germanicus
reply to post by Mkoll

I give not one # about the masons. I care that you espouse the philosophy that we should bow down to our federal/corporate overlords

That is the exact opposite of what I am saying actually.

How did you get that?

And dont you Illuminati guys link the Masons? Why would Hitler exile the Masons if he was 'illuminati' ?

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Didn't Caesar eventually renounce his "dictatorship" (read emperor-ship) when he became a bit too old. Oh wait, his closest friend and his "underlings" (senators) murdered him to remove his tyrannical power from Rome. "Et tu Brute" might have been coined by Shakespeare, but there's a good chance it was in use ever since Caesars demise.

I'm really racking my brain on a "good" dictator in human history. And I think I've found the problem on why I can't think of any. Most, if not all, dictators eventually become emperors or supreme divine rulers ordained by a higher power. Which, to me, means that "dictator" has lost all respect for his "followers" and has let the power given to him by his populous go way overboard.

Dictators work great on an un-informed society. And this has been said countless times, it's almost cliche: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." -Lord Acton

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

A dictator, a central singular leader for the USA would have to be entangled in Washington. To be entangled in Washington would mean these connections between the corporations that have already insinuated their way into our government's personal interests would have a singular actor to manipulate as opposed to having to dick around with so many people in the senate. Such collectivization of power would put state interests even further ahead of the interests of the people then it they are already. They would force the people to support the state interests. This means forcing the citizen to give their pound of flesh to the state which is also giving the pound of flesh to its corporate interests. Dictators that actually care about the people can only work at a much smaller, like the county, level.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by saabster5
Didn't Caesar eventually renounce his "dictatorship" (read emperor-ship) when he became a bit too old. Oh wait, his closest friend and his "underlings" (senators) murdered him to remove his tyrannical power from Rome. "Et tu Brute" might have been coined by Shakespeare, but there's a good chance it was in use ever since Caesars demise.

I'm really racking my brain on a "good" dictator in human history. And I think I've found the problem on why I can't think of any. Most, if not all, dictators eventually become emperors or supreme divine rulers ordained by a higher power. Which, to me, means that "dictator" has lost all respect for his "followers" and has let the power given to him by his populous go way overboard.

Dictators work great on an un-informed society. And this has been said countless times, it's almost cliche: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." -Lord Acton

The Romans loved Caesar. That is why he remained Dictator. Those back stabbing snakes that murdered him did it for themselves. Not for Rome.

And I bet you are racking your brain. I bet without google you can name 3.

And that is not alomost a cliche. That is an exausted cliche that should have been retired long ago. Its a very old script.

Read about the Roman Dictators of the Republic. That system worked. A Dictator in times of emergency.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I already told you that the Roman common man loved Julius Caesar because he sent back so much wealth to them directly from his conquests of the Gauls. He made himself popular directly through the sufferings of hundreds of thousands.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

A dictator, a central singular leader for the USA would have to be entangled in Washington. To be entangled in Washington would mean these connections between the corporations that have already insinuated their way into our government's personal interests would have a singular actor to manipulate as opposed to having to dick around with so many people in the senate. Such collectivization of power would put state interests even further ahead of the interests of the people then it they are already. They would force the people to support the state interests. This means forcing the citizen to give their pound of flesh to the state which is also giving the pound of flesh to its corporate interests. Dictators that actually care about the people can only work at a much smaller, like the county, level.

Here you go. Fabius Maximus was Dictator of Rome twice. He was awesome.

When the Consul Gaius Flaminius was killed during the disastrous Roman defeat at the Battle of Lake Trasimene, panic swept Rome. With Consular armies destroyed in two major battles, and Hannibal approaching Rome's gates, the Romans feared the imminent destruction of their city. The Roman Senate decided to appoint a Roman Dictator, and chose Fabius for the role, which was in part due to his advanced age and experience. As Dictator, he did not get to appoint his own Master of the Horse; instead, the Romans chose a political enemy, Marcus Minucius. Then Fabius quickly sought to calm the Roman people by asserting himself as a strong Dictator at the moment of what was perceived to be the worst crisis in Roman history. He asked of the Senate to allow him to ride on horseback, which Dictators were never allowed to do. He then caused himself to be accompanied by the full complement of twenty-four lictors, and ordered the surviving Consul, Gnaeus Servilius Geminus, to dismiss his lictors (in essence, surrendering his office), and to present himself before Fabius as a private citizen.

en.wikipedia.org...

Twice.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I already told you that the Roman common man loved Julius Caesar because he sent back so much wealth to them directly from his conquests of the Gauls. He made himself popular directly through the sufferings of hundreds of thousands.

Glory to Rome.

And Caesar was more than fair to the defeated Gauls. Egypt and Carthage was where all the money was btw.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
"Either you die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

-Harvey dent.

Power will always corrupt.
edit on 27-5-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

and religion is poison

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Have you read Mein Kampf? You should. It gives a great back story to hitler and lets you understand what his issues were and where he was coming from.

Just remember that you took the words of an insane man serious.

Julius Caesar was in my opinion, the greatest Roman leader no contest.

And what happened to him? What happened to Rome?

Dictatorships are as outdated as BC and should not be present anywhere on this globe today. You fail to relate time frames to each other and therefore you are missing a necessary piece of context. One of them being how to deal with kingdoms or countries outside ones own. As obvious as it is, you can't go around calling people barbarians because you don't understand what they are saying. At least, not as we progress as a species.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfoKartel

Just remember that you took the words of an insane man serious.

Julius Caesar was in my opinion, the greatest Roman leader no contest.

And what happened to him? What happened to Rome?

Dictatorships are as outdated as BC and should not be present anywhere on this globe today. You fail to relate time frames to each other and therefore you are missing a necessary piece of context. One of them being how to deal with kingdoms or countries outside ones own. As obvious as it is, you can't go around calling people barbarians because you don't understand what they are saying. At least, not as we progress as a species.

So you have not read it. I thought so.

What I generally do before I dismiss something is I try to learn about it first. You dont do that do you?

National Socialism in addition to Hitlers Dictatorship turned Germany around. The Dictatorship allowed him move to National Socialism. Autarky is how a nation deals with "kingdoms and countries" outside ones own. Autarky. I have a thread on Autarky and National Socialism if you are interested in learning about something.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And who did I call a "barbarian" ?

And I think it is you that does not know what he is saying. You also seem to have done little research and are quick to dismiss something that you know nothing about.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join